Concepts and themes you would like to see explored in video games

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I'd love to see a video game based on traditional Australian culture - featuring both the Aborigines and the Colonies - with a more accurate depiction of the country's geography, climate, wildlife, culture and history.

Or hell, just a game about The Dreaming would be nice.

There already are lots of JRPG's, but I still wonder how an ERPG (European Role Playing Game) will turn out.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
There already are lots of JRPG's, but I still wonder how an ERPG (European Role Playing Game) will turn out.
Try the Elder Scrolls games, Oblivion would probably be close to what you're thinking of.

I have neither PS3, nor 360, and my Windows partitions are just for development and capture devices, so I didn't really set them up as gaming environments.

I've been alway midly interested in seeing a Korean War FPS/RTS/cockroach racing simulator, as it is a conflict that has been barely touched upon by video games (only game based on it I could find is diz shit), especially compared to how played-out WWII is. Of course, there's the issue that due to its obscurity and its abrupt resolution, it doesn't quite tugs the patriotic hearstring the same way WWII or Vietnam do.

There should be a strategy game about World War II naval combat, not land. It's one part of history that's always fascinated me but has never been explored in a video game.

Dr. Javelin said:
It's one part of history that's always fascinated me but has never been explored in a video game.

There's Battlestations: Midway and Pacific and the Silent Hunter series, though the later is mostly about subs, oops, missed the "strategy" part.

Glowsquid said:
Dr. Javelin said:
It's one part of history that's always fascinated me but has never been explored in a video game.

There's Battlestations: Midway and Pacific and the Silent Hunter series, though the later is mostly about subs, oops, missed the "strategy" part.
Hmm... I had never heard of these, actually. Must check them out.

I would like a theme where the characters revert to Nintendo 64 blocky graphics. It would be interesting

starfox64screenshot11.jpg

Star-Fox-64-3D-screenshot.jpg

936full-the-legend-of-zelda%3A-ocarina-of-time-screenshot.jpg

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-nintendo-3D.jpg

comparatif_super_mario_64_DS_et_N64_20050225.jpg

(To lazy to make own screenshots, or look at the Press Portal.)

I'm talking about a game where the characters actually realize that they're blocky again.

Oh, like Tetris?
Wait, that game doesn't have any characters.

It's like a type of game where they focus a heck lot more on gameplay than they do on graphics

The problem is, a majority of gamers wants to see best graphics ever, blood, and weapons.
I, for example, also think gameplay is more important than the looks of a game.

Recently, I've brought a 3DS Download Software from the eShop, called "Vector Racing".
It's not really blocky, but it doesn't use any polygons, just wireframe's.

Well, that's just another of my stupid ideas. But it would be interesting to see Nintendo do that, that's all I'm saying.

Something like this.

Don't know if a game like this already exists, but I want a protagonist to travel into the future only to find out that while they were gone, their arch-enemy is now ruler of the world and they have to stop their arch-enemy and retun to the present to make sure this future never happens.

On a more light-hearted note, a Christmas-themed game would be nice.

All Donald Duck games, and stuff like that on the PS2, are cartoon platformers.

Back