Mario Kart 7 Retro Wii Tracks

Which track from Mario Kart Wii would you like to see return?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pandapowah said:
Leonyx said:
I don't really care for retro tracks, but I'm especially against ones from Mario Kart Wii because it just came out a few years ago. It's not even retro.

Mario Kart Wii called Mario Kart DS tracks, retro. It's just the name the developers decide to give the older courses

Baby Luigi said:
Pandapowah said:
Leonyx said:
I don't really care for retro tracks, but I'm especially against ones from Mario Kart Wii because it just came out a few years ago. It's not even retro.

Mario Kart Wii called Mario Kart DS tracks, retro. It's just the name the developers decide to give the older courses

Okay, but my point was that they really aren't old enough to be put in the next game. I'm pretty sure most of the people who bought Mario Kart DS also bought Mario Kart Wii, and the same thing will probably happen in this game.

Well, I agree with you on not having any tracks from Mario Kart Wii. It's too recent for nostalgia to kick in

Besides, the DS tracks sucked in Mario Kart Wii

The only things I want from the SNES are Vanilla Lake and Bowser Castle, the only locations from Super Mario Kart not ever added as retro in the recent games (discluding Super Circuit, of course)

I want Vanilla Lake in more than Bowser Castle, though, but I wouldn't mind if Bowser Castle SNES is in.

Baby Luigi said:
I want Vanilla Lake in more than Bowser Castle, though, but I wouldn't mind if Bowser Castle SNES is in.

I'm guessing Retro Studios will make their own Bowser's Castle.

The thing I don't like about the retro tracks is that they don't feel very nostalgic, and they seem lazy to me. I used to play Skyscraper all the time in Mario Kart 64, but it didn't feel right in Mario Kart Wii.

To me, they feel nostalgic. I always feel that way when I hear the music in Mario Raceway. And Skyscraper is way too large in Mario Kart Wii, plus the hills are too inclined. I guess Skyscraper would have been more nostalgic if they imported the course instead.

Baby Luigi said:
To me, they feel nostalgic. I always feel that way when I hear the music in Mario Raceway. And Skyscraper is way too large in Mario Kart Wii, plus the hills are too inclined. I guess Skyscraper would have been more nostalgic if they imported the course instead.

Yeah, they mess with the stages, and it makes it weird. I used to play Mario Kart 64 all the time with my family, so it's pretty important to my childhood. But for some reason the retro tracks just seem wrong.

My ideas for returning Wii tracks:

Maple Treeway (Already announced)
Coconut Mall
Toad's Factory (don't say I'm partial to Toad on this one, it's just awesome.)
Koopa Cape

Baby Luigi said:
Most or some retro tracks are larger than their original form. Like Luigi Circuit from Double Dash, it is much larger in the DS version. (I dont have MKDD but I have seen videos/pics of it.)

I think that might be because of the limitations of the DS. The Wii retro courses ,and as far as I know, just as big.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Baby Luigi said:
I want Vanilla Lake in
Hell yes, this.

Am I the only one who liked Dry Dry Ruins?

I liked Dry Dry Ruins too.

'3K said:
babyElectric said:
Grumble Volcano, anyone?
Only if they remove that "shortcut".

They probably will, because it was a mistake. Mistakes don't usually get repeated.

I'm not planning to tick anyone off here, but Grumble Volcano was my least favourite track in the game. It was just sooo annoying to dodge all those fireballs, and I always fall in the lava if I have to swerve.

Toad85 said:
I'm not planning to tick anyone off here, but Grumble Volcano was my least favourite track in the game. It was just sooo annoying to dodge all those fireballs, and I always fall in the lava if I have to swerve.
It can be annoying sometimes, I remember the platform falling into the lava just when I got on it but it's difficulty is why I love it.

Pandapowah said:
Toad85 said:
It can be annoying sometimes, I remember the platform falling into the lava just when I got on it but it's difficulty is why I love it.
And I hate when someone tries to take that shortcut.

Back