The Official Cartoon Network Thread

Pyro

Power Star
Discuss.

The only shows I watch on the channel nowadays are old reruns and MAD. My favorite shows were Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Powerpuff Girls, and Billy & Mandy. KND too.

Since Kids Next Door isn't on anymore, I hardly ever watch the channel anymore. Honestly, seems like Pokemon is the only reason I'm still watching Cartoon Network.

Freaky Fred said:
Courage the Cowardly Dog anyone?
Yes, please.

Also,
TVTropes Network Decay article said:
Cartoon Network, the channel with the honor of being this generation's MTV. Cartoon Network was originally used as a showcase for classic Hanna-Barbera and Warner Brothers cartoons, but these were eventually replaced by an increasing number of original productions and anime; the Boomerang network was created to serve the original purpose of its parent network. The decision to run original programming created an era that is largely perceived as the network's Golden Age, as it generated popular shows that broke out of the Animation Age Ghetto (like The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory) and helped fuel the anime boom at the turn of the century (thanks to Toonami and Adult Swim).

The good times weren't to last, sadly. The decay arguably began due to the controversy of the Boston Bomb Scare, which forced the head of Cartoon Network to step down. His replacement; let's just say, had other plans for the network. The network eventually (and randomly) phased out original series that were very popular; this was somewhat justified, however, as many of those series were out of first run. The problem is that they replaced these popular series with mediocre shows and fewer original series; they even began running a small amount of live-action movies (though at the time, they were mercifully rare). The network fell deeper and deeper into Network Hell as its executives tried to turn it into a generic kids' network to compete with Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel — they killed Toonami (and its replacement, Miguzi) in complete defiance of what the viewers wanted, then replaced those blocks by starting to show live-action films on a more frequent basis. This attempt to rebrand the network came to a head when CN Real, a block of live-action reality shows and scripted series, was created. To the surprise of nobody except the network higher-ups, CN Real tanked harder than anything the network had ever done before.

The network seems to be on a bit of a turnaround recently with reruns of Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, and the like as part of their regular weekday morning lineup, and they've been pitching high-quality new animated series to cater to a variety of interests, like Young Justice, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Mad, Robotomy the Better Than It Sounds Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, and the ThunderCats (2011) Anime reboot. Live-action shows still exist on the network, but they are mercifully low in amount and not advertised as heavily as the newer animation projects.

In the end, Cartoon Network is one of the most insane examples of this Trope, if only because of how much of a rollercoaster ride the network's ridden in regards to the Trope. CN could spend as much as eighteen months showcasing live-action shows, only to go back to animation the next day as if nothing happened — and just when you get comfortable with that, it'll return to live-action. This is likely due to the network's top executives being firm believers of the Animation Age Ghetto, which leaves one to wonder why they want to be in charge of a network devoted to animation in the first place. Said executive(s) have since been fired though, so fans are hoping for the better with newer executives.

Billy and Mandy
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Cow and Chicken
Dexter's Laboratory
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Johnny Bravo
Kids Next Door
Powerpuff Girls
Samurai Jack
(Not sure if this counts in this group but it's awesome!)
Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated
Sheep in the Big City
Time Squad
Two Stupid Dogs

Toonami:

Batman the Animated Series
DBZ
(?)
Duck Dodgers (?)
Justice League
Megas XLR
Teen Titans
(WHERE'S THE REMOTE!?)

Anything I've listed isn't exclusive since it was all memory based. AKA I could have just missed some things. Except maybe Mike, Lu & Og. I don't think I disliked it, I just never really watched it and sometimes it had a dreadful art style that reminded me of Klasky Csupo done worse. I've also forgotten things like Pup named Scooby Doo but I guess I should keep sight of which ones came from Cartoon Network. Otherwise the list would go on and on.

I don't watch Cartoon Network anymore. I just don't like its shows.

All the good shows aren't on anymore. I liked Courage the Cowardly Dog

Some shows are good, but a lot suck. The only thing I watch on there really anymore often is MAD and Adventure Time. Or reruns if they are on, like Foster's

I remember Toonami. I never saw its cancellation, though

I remember watching:

Transformers: Beast Wars
Ronin Warriors
Basically every Gundam series they showed.
Same with Zoids
Samurai Jack
Hamtaro
Jackie Chan: Adventures
Teen Titans
Justice League
Naruto
Transformers: Armada
Tom and Jerry
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
KND
Scooby-Doo

Miss the old CN. D:

I'd probably watch Regular Show if it had better humor, and I'd probably watch Adventure Time if it weren't so damn annoying...

That's my two cents.

Freaky Fred said:
I'd probably watch Regular Show if it had better humor, and I'd probably watch Adventure Time if it weren't so damn annoying...

That's my two cents.
That's how I'd word it but with different shows:

I'd probably watch Chowder if it had better humor, and I'd probably watch Flapjack if it weren't so damn annoying...

Hacha Chacha said:
I'd probably watch Chowder if it had better humor, and I'd probably watch Flapjack if it weren't so damn annoying...

Both have been done for quite a while...

Chowder was okay, I'll say.

I can't keep up with it but they seem to have a pattern of "two unrelated and shows are the most popular."

And I forgot Two Stupid Dogs. I love Two Stupid Dogs.

I liked the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy too.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I liked the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy too.

It's an ok show, I guess. I haven't watched too much of it.

Back