Mario's real age

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
He's not 25, he's thirty. Donkey Kong came out in 1981, right? Thirty years later is 2011.

He was called "Jump Man" from there.
It came out on the Arcade in 1981, and in 1983 on the NES.
I think they were counting from Mario Bros., which came out in 1983 as well.
They were still incorrect, as Mario was rated to be 25 in 2004.

The best part is, he already had a mustage in his first game, so he already was an adult when it came out.
At the other hand, he's still not that old, so I guess he's 25, but his age has been frozen forever.

Age technically can't be "frozen", but in literal terms, since he had a mustache back then, he's probably 40 or 50 actually, cuz he had to be at least 20 when Mario Bros and SMB came out.

I know it can't, but in the Mario Universe, there's a lot of things that aren't possible in real life.

I think Nintendo was celebrating the Mario series 25th anniversary, not his first game appearance

Koopa Kid said:
I think Nintendo was celebrating the Mario series 25th anniversary, not his first game appearance
I don't get how they forgot Donkey Kong. They should of celebrated Mario's 30th anniversary this year not his 25th anniversary last year.

I don't get how they forgot Donkey Kong. They should of celebrated Mario's 30th anniversary this year not his 25th anniversary last year.

I think it was because they were celebrating the mainstream Super Mario Bros. series as opposed to the entire Mario series. Otherwise, it would have been 30 years...

Propeller Toad said:

I think it was because they were celebrating the mainstream Super Mario Bros. series as opposed to the entire Mario series. Otherwise, it would have been 30 years...
Yeah I got a Booklet with Super Mario allstars on the wii and they only showed the main games.

I think Mario's timeline goes slower than ours, seeing as Bowser would likely kidnap Peach more than a couple of times every year.

Mario is probably ageless. We know how Donkey Kong Jr. turned into Donkey Kong while Mario barely changed

I think Mario is 36 years old. Six is my favorite number and six squared is thirty-six.

Propeller Toad said:

Yeah. Oh and he's not ageless, he's a human.

But I think he's ageless because he is in fact, a video game character

But video game characters age only if the developer feels like it. And maybe that's why you see Baby Luigi and Luigi in the same game

Austin Powers said:
Yeah but that had something to do with time travel, not age.

Well, it was never confirmed that they time traveled in the spin-off games

Anyway, Luigi's age is the same age as Mario, I guess

Back