idea for a game: Mario Platformer

FunkyKong84

Blooper
Ok, I 've had this idea about a party/spin off game where instead of just playing sports or complete MP minigames, you would compete at platforming. You 'd play 2D sidescrolling levels just like NSMBW, but you could choose characters from the whole roster. The game wouldn't be a true platformer, but a party version of it.

In wi fi, you could compete against other players in order to finish the level faster or collect more points or actually kill your opponent (e.g. with the fire flower).

Each character would have different abilities, specials and stats. Koopa Troopa and Toads would be fast, Mario would be all-rounder, Wario would dash attack etc.

Yes that would be the best game ever. I want Platforming but you have to do some races in Karts on the way. That would be really fun.

Good idea i would love wifi but the levels have to be long

Like a in-depth version of Mario vs. Luigi from New Super Mario Bros? That would be cool. Add Baby Luigi and Wario and I'm definitely getting that game.

A level creator would be nice.

Why can't we like posts here? I'd make a few new profiles just to like the idea.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I don't get why you still can't do that. It has taken Nintendo forever to do this.

King Bill said:
I don't get why you still can't do that. It has taken Nintendo forever to do this.

Interesting how they sometimes add things nobody was really asking for (two racers in one kart, bikes) before what was probably the most obvious new feature to Mario Kart (customizable parts).

But nice idea for a platformer. I may unveil my idea for a more standard platforming game soon.

Stage Builder sucks in Brawl. If I want great stages, I'd hack my game and download some from other people

If they put in a cruddy Stage Creator, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to touch it

Little Big Planet had a level creator, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't bad. What was bad was that so many people made crappy levels.

I remember Diddy Kong Racing DS's track creator

One word: ugh

Baby Luigi said:
I remember Diddy Kong Racing DS's track creator

One word: ugh
All you do is draw what your track wants to be and make your starting point. Then you only race T.T who is very slow.

Plus, the environment is very bland and all. I could make a better track editor using Spore

And it's not like Spore has very limited customization either.

Anyway, the level creator I proposed should look nothing like Diddy Kong Racing DS's track maker.

And it's not like Spore has very limited customization either.

Anyway, the level creator I proposed should look nothing like Diddy Kong Racing DS's track maker.

Yeah, but Spore hasn't been meant for creating Mario Kart track duplicates, you know

If the level creator was like Diddy Kong Racing DS's, I'm not going to touch it.

I don't see how it would be like that.

Well, not exactly, but if it was cruddy, then that's my point

Baby Luigi said:
Stage Builder sucks in Brawl. If I want great stages, I'd hack my game and download some from other people

If they put in a cruddy Stage Creator, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to touch it
Yeah I know. I barely use it.

Please don't double post

And LittleBigPlanet/Spore style level creator would be awesome

I don't know if you guy's have ever heard of Mario Builder, which is a pretty good level builder based off of SMB, SMB2 (American), and SMB3, along with SMB:TLL. You guys should try it.

Back