• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Only if they change his moveset

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
What do you guy's think?

I'd like him to return, but change his moveset. It was stupid in Melee that he had all of Mario's moves, except did more damage.

I think he should be an alternate costume for Mario. Then again, I think every character should have an alt, if possible.

What 3K said. I don't really see the point in making him a seperate playable character, regardless of whether he has Mario's moveset or a different one. Every playable character in Brawl serves some significance in their own series. But, if he does return as a seperate character, I'm not gonna complain.

His attacks are better than Mario's. He should return in some way, even if he's just an alternate costume.

I said yes.

I don't hate Dr. Mario for sure. But if he did return as a separate character there'd be more complaints then support. Everyone will be like "WHY IS MARIO ON THE ROSTER TWICE AGAIN?!" especially if they're mad after they find out the character they wanted in is not in the game.

Like think of this hypothetical situation. Dr Mario returns but Geno is nowhere to be found.

Northern Verve said:
I don't hate Dr. Mario for sure. But if he did return as a separate character there'd be more complaints then support. Everyone will be like "WHY IS MARIO ON THE ROSTER TWICE AGAIN?!" especially if they're mad after they find out the character they wanted in is not in the game.

Like think of this hypothetical situation. Dr Mario returns but Geno is nowhere to be found.

Link is on the roster twice again.

Dr. Mario WAS one of the forbidden seven. He was supposed to return.

Northern Verve said:
but Geno is nowhere to be found.

Well, the reason Geno (and Mallow) have never appeared after SMRPG is simply because SquareEnix doesn't care about SMRPG and they refuse to allow anybody who made their debut in SMRPG to return in another game for whatever reason.

I do agree with your other points though such as having Mario on the roster twice. TBH, people need to start thinking more realistially about who is actually capable of getting on the roster.

If Baby Mario was included, would that count as "Mario is in the roster twice again!"?

Not if he has a different moveset. Besides, Baby Mario is Mario's past, they don't look anything alike, the only thing they have in common is that they're the same person only from different points in time.

Dr. Mario is Mario wearing a lab coat and has the IQ of a doctor.

This isn't the first time Mario and another version of him were in the same game.

Mario Bros. (Luigi had almost the same sprite), Super Mario Sunshine Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, just to name a few

I'm fine without him. We already have Mario, so if you want the Doc, make the Doc Mario's alternate outfit.

'3K said:
I think he should be an alternate costume for Mario. Then again, I think every character should have an alt, if possible.

That's a possibility.

Though Brawl did mostly fix the clone problems Melee had (Notably Ganondorf and Falco)

Mario could have all of Dr. Mario's costumes from Melee, mirroring what they did with Wario (two outfits with 6 colors each).

Hell Yeah all that fighting they should have a Doctor just in case :posh: :waluigi: :posh:

Nah, I never really liked Dr. Mario in Melee. I'd be fine if he was an alternate costume of Mario though.

I wouldn't mind him if he returns as an alternate costume for Mario; however, I would rather see other Mario characters like Toad or Bowser Jr. appear as newcomers for the series as opposed to having the doc return as a stand alone playable character.

Propeller Toad said:
I would rather see other Mario characters like Toad or Bowser Jr. appear as newcomers for the series as opposed to having the doc return as a stand alone playable character.

I highly agree with this post.

His f-air is better than Mario's f-air.

'3K said:
Yeah no character just the costume. I really wasn't all that excited about Dr. Mario anyway.

I'd prefer if Mewtwo returned to be honest, except made faster. Mewtwo isn't Groudon, for pete's sake. I don't mind Dr. Mario, but he doesn't strike me as a different character.

WakerLuma said:
I'd prefer if Mewtwo returned to be honest, except made faster. Mewtwo isn't Groudon, for pete's sake. I don't mind Dr. Mario, but he doesn't strike me as a different character.

you have a point

Back