Which numbers on the keyboard do you use?

Which numbers on the keyboard do you use?

• Total voters

MCS

Donkey Kong
Just thought I'd do another little poll. Which numbers on the keyboard do you use: the ones on top of the letters, or the ones to the very right of the keyboard? If you live in a country that doesn't have this kind of keyboard, you can pass.

Above the letters, but in school they tried to force us to use the keypad.

They also tried to make us use the home row keys with letters but I typed around 60 WPM (I know not that fast) without them and it made my teachers at school rage (since I was even able to type my way with those black covers they put on top of the keys.)

Since my MacBook doesn't have the keypad, I got even more used to typing with the numbers above the letters.

Mason said:
Above the letters, but in school they tried to force us to use the keypad.

They also tried to make us use the home row keys with letters but I typed around 60 WPM (I know not that fast) without them and it made my teachers at school rage (since I was even able to type my way with those black covers they put on top of the keys.)

I type really fast, on Mavis Beacon my record was 85 words per minute, if I remember. I've been typing for 9 years and don't look at the keyboard.

Yeah, I've been using the numbers above the letters for my whole life, the numbers on the right of the keyboard are really dusty.

Above the letters.
When i studied they said to me to use those. And the black covers wasn't a problem to me neither.

Always the above ones, if I have an option to do it on the right, or not.

Above the letters.

Oh, kewl. I know some people that use the numbers on the right, but I dont. In fact, the numbers to the right of this keyboard are dusty :P

@schmutz: Did you know they have a thing you can hook up to a laptop to have those extra numbers on the right? I find it pointless.

That is weird, especially since you can use keypad-style numbers on most laptops with the function key :l

My grandma is the only one I know who uses the numbers to the right, and that's because she used to be an accountant.

>>Yoshiwalker
Some laptops do have the number pad, don't worry about that.

I used to type the keypad one until I "found out" I couldn't type them anymore. After I realized that you have to activate Num Lock to use them, it was too late. So now, I use the one above.

What everyone else has said so far.

I think my little brother uses the numbers on the right sometimes, so we can go beat up the non-above the letters number typer.

I use the ones above the keyboard, except if I'm using the computer's calculator.

I used to always use the top ones, but now I use the num pad on the right of the keyboard. I don't know why.

lol I was the first one to vote the very right of the keyboard on the poll xD

On the top of the numbers. The numbers on the right are too close to the mouse.

Back