Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody's goofing around.

I've explained it to them via PM.

You know this isn't really fair. Despite the fact that we were given no warning at all before instant demotion, you can't demote someone just for being a jerk.

This is like when Uniju was banned not for doing anything wrong but just because he was Uniju.

Herr Shyguy said:
You know this isn't really fair. Despite the fact that we were given no warning at all before instant demotion, you can't demote someone just for being a jerk.

…why not?

Incompetence was not the reason for your demotion, though.

Store clerks are fired for being rude to customers. It doesn't matter what else they're good at. Nobody likes an asshole.

No, SiFi is basically right. We decided that the negative effect of your behavioral issues outweighed whatever contribution you were making to the forum.

What negative effects? If I was that bad before demoting me is not going to make me less of a jerk.

You have to consider the psychological effect that it's going to have on a new user when they see a forum administrator acting like that.

>>Herr Shyguy
Sometimes you weren't really helpful, as an Administrator.
So I do see some point in it.

Actually, the only moderation I saw you doing, was banning spambots (which was good), and closing question threads, by giving a short answer (not a big problem, but still).

2257 said:
You have to consider the psychological effect that it's going to have on a new user when they see a forum administrator acting like that.
Seriously? I am not that active.

Yamilla said:
Actually, the only moderation I saw you doing, was banning spambots (which was good), and closing question threads, by giving a short answer (not a big problem, but still).
I do some behind-the-scenes stuff, and I got plenty of PMs from users with questions.

Did they ever get a verbal warning like "stop being [whatever] or you're demoted" or something? It seems harsh and sudden. Then again, I obviously have no say in these matters. It's just my opinion.

Even more pressing, how is this supposed to stop me from being so mean it's destroying new users' psyches?

Herr Shyguy said:
Even more pressing, how is this supposed to stop me from being so mean it's destroying new users' psyches?

2257 said:

Kamekian said:
Did they ever get a verbal warning like "stop being [whatever] or you're demoted" or something?

Not so far as I know.

Also, you know I don't interact with new users. I call out users that have been here a decent amount of time on still acting like noobs.

Listen, I can't really keep debating this with you. I have to go.

If you want to be repromoted, I'd suggest you make an effort to be more polite from now on. I can't really speak for the forum administrators, but if it were me, I would regard a serious attempt to reform very highly.

Edofenrir said:
I think you forgot Cosmopolitan (BLOF if I recall correctly, which never happens).
There's always a first time.

Herr Shyguy said:
Also, you know I don't interact with new users. I call out users that have been here a decent amount of time on still acting like noobs.
Very true.

One moment, is 2257 an Administrator?
I didn't know that.

Yamilla said:
One moment, is 2257 an Administrator?
I didn't know that.
2257 is a Wiki Bureaucrat. I'm guessing they're discussing this on the staff board, or in PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back