Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Iwata said:
For the 17th time, YouTube embedding.
Agreed. And if there's fear of abuse, maybe do a "banned from Youtube embeds" member group or restrict Youtube embeds to certain members.

Or just outright ban them if they aboose the feature. They should know better than that.

But really, there's no other reason not to implement it.

I was just thinking something like that would be good.

Stooben said:
I can't imagine it being difficult to do. Just a locked, pinned thread with something like:

[quote author=example]
  • MarioIsKewl999 ---> Rob Reiner ---> MIK999 ---> PeachIsHawt
  • Waluigi The Hedgehog ---> WTH ---> WaHe
  • DK_KD ---> KD
  • Fupazzly ---> Joshy ---> Stark ---> LionHater912
[/quote]
And so on.

We could also just put their current username next to their normal one.

Perry Mason said:
Stooben said:
I can't imagine it being difficult to do. Just a locked, pinned thread with something like:

[quote author=example]
  • MarioIsKewl999 ---> Rob Reiner ---> MIK999 ---> PeachIsHawt
  • Waluigi The Hedgehog ---> WTH ---> WaHe
  • DK_KD ---> KD
  • Fupazzly ---> Joshy ---> Stark ---> LionHater912
And so on.
[/quote]

It would be like an official version of the Name Change chain thread. hah

I think the easiest thing would be to require users that don't have obvious references to their names put their regular name in their Personal Text (or sig or custom title, whatever works best).

I like it. I think this should happen:

-User should be allowed to change there own name
-You must put your original Mario Wiki or Forum name in Personal Text or Custom Name.
-And well, that's it.

Broggy said:
I like it. I think this should happen:

-User should be allowed to change there own name
-You must put your original Mario Wiki or Forum name in Personal Text or Custom Name.
-And well, that's it.
I don't know if its a good idea to let everyone change their name but maybe we could allow certain members to do it. I once went to a forum where you could change your display name but it didn't change your user name. (I think it was displayed somewhere and unchangeable. Maybe the profile.)

I personally don't agree. There are ways that you can figure out who is who (like looking through their posts, or looking in this thread to find out who asked for what name changes). You can also PM them and simply ask them.

United States of America said:
I personally don't agree. There are ways that you can figure out who is who (like looking through their posts, or looking in this thread to find out who asked for what name changes). You can also PM them and simply ask them.

wait. why would looking in this thread help us to find out who asked for what name change?

United States of America said:

Yeah, but that defeats the whole purpose and nobody wants to go post-fishing to play a game of "Who the fuck are you" each time someone changes their name.

If we look through the name change request thread to find who "Dark Bowser" is, we will find a request to be renamed "Dark Bowser" and the request will have been made by..."Dark Bowser" which effectively puts us back where we started.

I say make a rule that doesn't allow name-changing. You can still change your avatar an signature, just not your name.

I honestly don't care if I change my name ever again.

Villain11 said:
I say make a rule that doesn't allow name-changing. You can still change your avatar an signature, just not your name.

I honestly don't care if I change my name ever again.
Well if that rule comes in effect, I'd want to be "New Super Mario" again .

What happened to the suggestion of people making a locked pinned thread with people's normal names, and current name in it.

Course you would still have to go in find it BUT HERE IS ONE:

Make it a rule to have to say your name in your personal text or your sig or whatever.

How about when you ask for a name change you have to explain why you want it, and if you can't come up with a reason that doesn't sound stupid you don't ask.

Is it just me or is everyone overreacting?

I'm making the public name change log, if that's any help. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back