Which Mario Kart's have you played?

Well, that's good news. I would always turn coins off in Mario Kart Super Circuit

Baby Luigi said:
Well, I dislike having to keep check with your coin count, because if you have zero coins and you ram into someone, you spin out like you hit a banana.

I know. That's what I meant about depth. It can't be a party game all the time.

Double Dash was great, its battle modes were the best IMO. Mario Kart Wii probably has the best multiplayer racing, though.

Yeah with MKW, I do like racing on the wi fi against a lot of other people :) I just wish in MKW you could do Grand Prix in the multiplayer. . .

Mario Kart Wii's multiplayer was the best, agreed. Why? Look at the rest:

Super Mario Kart: Only 2 players max
Mario Kart 64: No music, WTF? (although I sometimes like the silence).
Mario Kart Super Circuit: Limited if you have one cartridge
Mario Kart Double Dash: Some course features get removed.
Mario Kart DS: See Mario Kart Super Circuit

Mario Kart 64 has music, just don't press any of the C buttons.

My faves would have to be DS (the only MK game I have ever beaten) and Wii (Just incredibly fun). I dislike MK64's character graphics and brutal AI, SMK and MKSC have annoying coins that you need to keep track of, and Double Dash is just not exciting as DS and Wii.

I just got back from Walt Disney World in Florida this morning, I played Mario Kart Arcade GP while I was there.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Mario Kart 64 has music, just don't press any of the C buttons.

When you're racing with 2 or 3 people, the music doesn't play anymore.

Then I don't know what settings you're using, or on what volume you have your TV on, as it plays normally if I play it with one of my friends, or with my husband.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Then I don't know what settings you're using, or on what volume you have your TV on, as it plays normally if I play it with one of my friends, or with my husband.

You + 2 people = 3 people. If the screen is split four times ways, the music won't play. When you're playing with another person, the music is fine. When you're playing with 2 or 3 people, the music ceases to play.

Strange, it does play when I play with somebody else.
I never played with 3 people, since I never had a 3rd controller (and I never had a reason for it).

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Strange, it does play when I play with somebody else.
I never played with 3 people, since I never had a 3rd controller (and I never had a reason for it).

It plays with 2 players. 3+ players has no music. Maybe that's why you were confused.

Ah, maybe that's the problem then.
Sorry! (ーωー.)

I've played them all (except arcade :P) I also own all of them currently.

Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart: Supee Circuit
Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii

That's great. Mario Kart Super Circuit is an underrated game.

Peachy said:

Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart: Slurpee Circuit
Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii

Must...resist...iced beverage impulse.

ANYWAY, I can't believe so many of you haven't played the Arcade version. It's amazing.

Nega-Man said:
Peachy said:

Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart: Slurpee Circuit
Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii

Must...resist...iced beverage impulse.

ANYWAY, I can't believe so many of you haven't played the Arcade version. It's amazing.

I really would like to play it. The problem is that I never ever found it.

Back