Why the PSP is screwed

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Because they're are no new games or good games! Face it Sony fans you know it, you probably haven't touched your PSP in decades (exxageration). While the DS had worse graphics, it out selled it. I bet the Vita's going sell half of what the 3DS's going to sell

Note that both of these systems raised their sales, since each device got Homebrew (and later on piracy).

Koopa Kid said:
Because they're are no new games or good games! Face it Sony fans you know it, you probably haven't touched your PSP in decades (exxageration). While the DS had worse graphics, it out selled it. I bet the Vita's going sell half of what the 3DS's going to sell

Actually, I just used my PSP yesterday.

Why must there always be some fanboy competition between the DS and PSP?

I love 'em both, and I expect good things from both the Vita and 3DS, with the second joystick on the Vita, I expect shooter games to be easier.

Ser Espiel said:
Koopa Kid said:

Actually, I just used my PSP yesterday.

Why must there always be some fanboy competition between the DS and PSP?

I love 'em both, and I expect good things from both the Vita and 3DS, with the second joystick on the Vita, I expect shooter games to be easier.

Because fanboys think the system they play on is the best and they like to compare their system with other "inferior" systems.

PSP has been failing hard for awhile. It's not really popular in the west at all, while popular in the east.

Still kills sales regardless.

PSP however has some gems, even though I haven't got the chance to play it yet, I can tell there are certainly good games for it.

The PSP doesn't really have an elaborate library, right?

Ornithologist Mario said:
The PSP doesn't really have an elaborate library, right?

From what ive seen its mostly consistant of rpgs, some action and fighting here and there. Racing too but haven't seen a whole bunch of that.

Hm, no wonder it isn't so popular.

Doesn't the PSP get whatever PSN's virtual console is called?

is there a point to this topic beyond fanboy bullshit.

Glowsquid said:
is there a point to this topic beyond fanboy bullshit.

Well, some users are actually discussing the topic in a civilized aka non-fanboyish manner.

On-topic: From what I've seen, the PSP isn't plain bad. I can't really go past that, since I just watched a friend play some GTA game on it in Spain, about 3 years ago.

I never played on the PSP, so I don't know how it feels like, but I'm not really interested in getting it.

From what I hear it's mostly a good system, decent controls, not that much awkwardness. The library seems a little...... more rpgish but thats what happend to psx and ps2 too as well.

Then again they had more in other areas, but all the same. Plus with the announcement with vita sony probably doesn't care too much at this point.

How many games are announced for PSP and DS?
Developers are now mainly concentrating on new systems, like 3DS, PSVita, and Wii U.

But the DS STILL has new games coming, such as Kirby's Mass Attack and others that I'm forgetting

Koopa Kid said:
But the DS STILL has new games coming, such as Kirby's Mass Attack and others that I'm forgetting

With the 3ds and eventually the vita.

Both the ds and psp are in a dying point, their life is running out pretty quickly, so lmao.

Unfortunately we must face launch titles before anything good comes too.

Back