Mario Kart 3ds Snaking

Pandapowah

King Bowser
What do you guys think? Should there be snaking on Mario Kart 3ds? I hope not, snaking was boring and tedious. :(

I can actually snake sometimes, but I'd rather not just be destroyed by people that snake all the time.

charlie_sheen-_duh_winning.JPG

It's up to me to find it out, later today.
But I honestly think Nintendo said goodbye to it, since Mario Kart Wii came out.

Also, welcome to the Forums.

No, it's cheating and will spoll Online races.

Also can a mod move this to the Marioverse, that is where all Mario based topics go.

I can now confirm, the Power Slides are identical to Mario Kart Wii, so no snaking.
Although I was able to snake for a little bit, using the same method as in Mario Kart Wii.

It's not cheating, it's just a spammy exploit.

No, I hate snaking. It destroys my buttons and fingers. I rather spam wheelies than snake. People might argue: snaking takes skillz! Yes it does, but it isn't hard to do. There really is no point in snaking. Why do we have to go zig-zag instead of just going straight in the road? Mario Kart Wii's system of drifting destroys snaking, but I have a bad feeling in my gut that snaking will return.

Think this might be moved to Marioverse?

And I hate snaking. Mario Kart DS was split into two factions: snakers and nonsnakers

Hacking is better than snaking. At least it's fun if you do it right.

Snaking...I can't even drift right since Mario Kart Wii introduced wheelies. Still can't unlock the expert ghost on SNES Ghost Valley. ARGH

Use karts in SNES ghost valley.

Or just use Funky Kong in the Flame Runner. The Flame Runner has weird drifting, but once you are used to it, it will work to your advantage.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Use karts in SNES ghost valley.

Or just use Funky Kong in the Flame Runner. The Flame Runner has weird drifting, but once you are used to it, it will work to your advantage.
I used Donkey Kong to do it.

I am using karts. I'm just so bad at drifting that I have to restart 10 time average to get a good start.

Dry Bowser is my heavy with the Honeycoupe because supposedly it has good handling and mini-turbo.

You should use the Flameflyer. It has higher top speed.

You're bad at drifting? Well, you should practice until you get the hang of it. I remember that I never drifted, but once you got it, you can win so much more races.

I am learning. Painfully slowly. I can usually get through the laps now, but I crash into walls a lot. I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Dr. Javelin said:
I am learning. Painfully slowly. I can usually get through the laps now, but I crash into walls a lot. I'll get the hang of it eventually.
I am aswell, but im only going to do it in time trials.

I honestly don't think MK3DS will use MKDS styled snaking. When I saw any of the characters powersliding in the trailers, I never saw them move their arms rapidly. Also, they got a small boost when there were blue sparks, and they got a long boost when there were orange sparks. So it pretty much confirms that MK3DS will use MKW styled powersliding.

No, I hate snaking. It destroys my buttons and fingers.

Also, my DS lite is dead from snaking like that. I'd recommend playing MKDS on a 3DS. It's got the control stick so you don't kill your buttons.

But she'll still kill the R and A buttons.

Snaking is performing unlimited Power Slide Boosts, which was considered annoying.
Doing them without any loose of boost is called PRB.

SKmarioman said:
I honestly don't think MK3DS will use MKDS styled snaking. When I saw any of the characters powersliding in the trailers, I never saw them move their arms rapidly. Also, they got a small boost when there were blue sparks, and they got a long boost when there were orange sparks. So it pretty much confirms that MK3DS will use MKW styled powersliding.

No, I hate snaking. It destroys my buttons and fingers.

Also, my DS lite is dead from snaking like that. I'd recommend playing MKDS on a 3DS. It's got the control stick so you don't kill your buttons.

I lost the game. :'(

Like I've said before, you can't in the 3DS version, as it has the drifting system from Mario Kart Wii.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Like I've said before, you can't in the 3DS version, as it has the drifting system from Mario Kart Wii.

That's a tremendous relief. My control stick and L and R buttons are spared!

Back