Opinions on trophies/stickers/CDs?

MCS

Donkey Kong
I thought trophies were a nice touch in Melee, and I love how they brough them back in Brawl. I like even more how they made Pokemon-esque capturing with a Trophy Stand - you weaken an enemy, hit it with a trophy stand, boom: you got yourself a trophy.

Stickers were more meh to me, I never really used them in the Subspace Emissary.

CDs I absolutely loved, because you let out a cry of joy when you receive one, especially if it's a song you like.

I don't like how the CDs must be grabbed immediatley, or else they disappear.

The trophies are good as they provide info about the character/item/location on the trophy. Although it seems like some series have a sever lack of trophies (Earthbound/Mother and Yoshi's Island)

Yeah, but you can always build a CD Factory if you dont feel like getting CDs spontaneously. I did that last month, but just to get a few CDs here and there. And I hate that too, 5 seconds, or they're gone.

Yoshi's Island could definitely use some more trophies. Maybe they just didn't feel like making 3-D models of 2-D stuff.

Trophies were a great addition to the Smash series. It makes SSB not only a great game with some of the best Nintendo characters pitted against eachother but a virtual book on the history of several parts of Nintendo's history. It has more of an effect if your new to a majority of Nintendo's franchises. For example, be honest how many Nintendo franchises besides Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon would you have known about had they never included Trophies. Though I did notice Brawl didn't really give enough for franchises like Earthbound (I mean even the 3rd Party characters (As much as I like Sonic) got more trophies then them. Earthbound fans have the right to be mad about that), I sure hope SSB4 has great representation of all the franchises covered.

Stickers aren't really that useful. They seem only to be there to include more stuff without having to make tons more Trophies since the artwork has already been done for a Sticker. Problem is without a proper description like the Trophies do, some people even some experienced gamers may have no idea what a few of them are.

CD's were cool though collecting them was quite annoying until you made the CD factory thing (Which sometimes still takes hour upon hours to do). I just realized, I wonder how huge the soundtrack for SSB4 will be. I'm going to assume that SSB4's content will put Brawl's to shame just as Brawl did to Melee.

Northern Verve said:
Trophies were a great addition to the Smash series. It makes SSB not only a great game with some of the best Nintendo characters pitted against eachother but a virtual book on the history of several parts of Nintendo's history. It has more of an effect if your new to a majority of Nintendo's franchises. For example, be honest how many Nintendo franchises besides Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon would you have known about had they never included Trophies. Though I did notice Brawl didn't really give enough for franchises like Earthbound (I mean even the 3rd Party characters (As much as I like Sonic) got more trophies then them. Earthbound fans have the right to be mad about that), I sure hope SSB4 has great representation of all the franchises covered.

Stickers aren't really that useful. They seem only to be there to include more stuff without having to make tons more Trophies since the artwork has already been done for a Sticker. Problem is without a proper description like the Trophies do, some people even some experienced gamers may have no idea what a few of them are.

CD's were cool though collecting them was quite annoying until you made the CD factory thing (Which sometimes still takes hour upon hours to do). I just realized, I wonder how huge the soundtrack for SSB4 will be. I'm going to assume that SSB4's content will put Brawl's to shame just as Brawl did to Melee.

I agree with everything you said except CDs, which I expressed my opinion for earlier.

Stickers are only good to look at game art.

I liked zooming inside trophies in Melee.

Did you notice that CD's appear more frequently in multiplayer matches? LGM and I got our collection done w/o CD Factory. I also tested it out that CD's rarely appear by playing by myself with COM's, but with my sister, they appear a lot more frequently

Ha I did

I don't really care about stickers (I mean, WTF, Baby Luigi has only one sticker, and he's with Luigi and it's microscopic!)

Baby Luigi said:
Ha I did

I don't really care about stickers (I mean, WTF, Baby Luigi has only one sticker, and he's with Luigi and it's microscopic!)

Anyway, yeah, stickers are more meh, I never used one in SE.

I like the trophies. The stickers where nice to look at but they get boring after a while. I love how you can get Sonic music on the CDs.

Too bad they are not remixed. :( The music sounds annoying anyway.

I love collecting the Trophies. They offer useful information about the characters and are neat to look at.

I love the CDs as well. The soundtrack in Brawl is fantastic. The fact that they stay on the field for five seconds is annoying as hell however.

I could care less about the stickers. They aren't needed (i didn't use a single one either) and they don't look as cool as the trophies. In the new one they should remove the stickers entirely.

turntechGodhead said:
I love collecting the Trophies. They offer useful information about the characters and are neat to look at.

I love the CDs as well. The soundtrack in Brawl is fantastic. The fact that they stay on the field for five seconds is annoying as hell however.

I could care less about the stickers. They aren't needed (i didn't use a single one either) and they don't look as cool as the trophies. In the new one they should remove the stickers entirely.

Exactly. I didnt really give two craps about the stickers, but the CDs and trophies are freakin' badass.

Stickers still distract me in the match.

I love the creativity of some of the Melee trophies though. It was so cool. Especially that Vacuum Luigi trophy.

Yeah, even though stickers are pointless IMO, I grab them in the match always just so I can have a chance to being closer to all 600. I only have a few to go, because when I did the CD factory a few times, I got a ton of stickers. I still don't have all CDs though.

Same. I still collect them just to get everything.

I never used the CD factory, though.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I never used the CD factory, though.

My friend sent me his version, though, and I only used it like, 3 times to try it out. I didn't wanna get all the CDs just yet, it's more fun getting them in battle.

Back