What's your order of games for the Mario chronology?

Cause aside from a few references and preferably new systems, it's unclear which came out in what order, although we're sure the NES games come before the Wii games

Here's my interpretation, you may or may not agree:

:luigi:

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
2. Yoshi's Island DS
3. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (past events)
4. Donkey Kong
5. Donkey Kong Jr.
6. Donkey Kong 3
7. Super Mario Bros.
8. Super Mario Bros. 2
9. Super Mario Bros. 3
10. Super Mario Land
11. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
12. Super Mario World
13. Bowser and Kamek go back in time for Yoshi's Island DS
14. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
15. Super Mario 64
16. Paper Mario
17. Luigi's Mansion
18. Super Mario Sunshine
19. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
20. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (although I know this one and the one above could be switched around)
21. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (present events)
22. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
23. Super Princess Peach
24. New Super Mario Bros.
25. Super Mario Galaxy
26. Super Mario Galaxy 2
27. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
28. Super Paper Mario

:mario:

Reasoning for Super Paper Mario being last is that Bowser said he only wanted to save the world to rule it himself, but after (spoiler) Dimentio is defeated and The Void is closed, after their return to Flipside (which Merlon says is a LONG time after the defeat of Dimentio, or atleast after they returned to the Mushroom Kingdom) Bowser is still with Mario, Peach, and Luigi, why else wouldn't he go evil again after such a long time after saving all worlds? Besides, Super Paper Mario has Mario's most evil villain, Dimentio

But that's my order. What's yours?

All I know is that Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island comes first, then some events fill up in an order and I don't know what is the latest occurring event

I actually think that New Super Mario Bros. Wii occurred before Super Mario Galaxy 2. Bowser probably wouldn't have had the idea of conquering the universe as a giant if Kamek didn't make him huge.

I think the same as Ghostkaiba297 but what MnSG said was what I think aswell.

I say anything with the babies would be first. Followed by the 2D sidescrollers and 3D platformers in the order the games were relased.

I believe the RPGs, cartoons, and comics are all part of their own universes and timelines.

Similar to the Ninja Turtles' crossover movie where it was revealed that each version of TMNT is in its own universe. I think that same concept applies to all other franchises that have multiple versions.

As for the spin-offs/sports/parties and Super Smash Bros, I'd say their non-canon, they're just there for the player's enjoyment. Wario and Bowser would never agree to a friendly competition, (well, Wario might join if he could win/steal a trophy), and Super Smash Bros. couldn't have really happened considering Bowser can beat Mario, Peach can beat Bowser, and Mario can beat Peach.

yoshidude99 said:
I think SMG should be last because the universe is destroyed and then reborn.

This happened, prior to New Super Mario Bros. Wii though.

@MnSG

I'm not saying I disagree with you or anything, but just because a game had an earlier release date doesn't mean the events in said game happened first.

Also, Galaxy 1 was out before NSMBW, and Bowser was giant in the first Galaxy as well.

Aqua Soul said:
@MnSG

I'm not saying I disagree with you or anything, but just because a game had an earlier release date doesn't mean the events in said game happened first.

Also, Galaxy 1 was out before NSMBW, and Bowser was giant in the first Galaxy as well.

Bowser wasn't giant in the first galaxy.

yoshidude99 said:
Aqua Soul said:
@MnSG

Bowser wasn't giant in the first galaxy.

Oops. My mistake. Sorry about that. But my point still stands, when a game was released doesn't determine when the events actually occurred.

My VERY random order.

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
2. Yoshi's Island DS
3. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (past)
4. Donkey Kong
5. Mario Bros
6. Super Mario Bros
7. Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
8. Super Mario Bros 2 US
9. Super Mario Bros 3
10. Super Mario World
11. Super Mario Sunshine (I'll explain this)
12. New Super Mario Bros
13. Super Mario 64
14. Super Mario Galaxy
15. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
16. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
17. Paper Mario
18. Luigi's Mansion
19. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
20. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
21. Super Mario Land
22. Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
23. Super Paper Mario
24. Super Mario 3DS
25. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (i'll explain this too)

Alright, well, at the end of Super Mario World, they said they would "take a vacation" not specifically saying they would have a vacation in Dinosaur Land, and in Mario Sunshine, they took that vacation. For SMG2, It would have to have been 100 years after the first Galaxy, meaning, this isn't the same Mario from the first Galaxy, and a new Peach, meaning that it would be the end of the timeline thus far. Super Mario 3DS would be before Galaxy 2 because (this could get a little wacky) there are still things that existed pre-Galaxy 2, like Note Blocks and Flagpoles, and other stuff like that, while things such as Warp Blocks existed before switching back to Warp Pipes, or something as confusing as that. It's a BAD timeline because someone's gonna find a loophole in it somehow, and if anyone does, i'll edit this timeline.

Dose Mario have a spare cap, because Mario ended capless in SMG2.
yoshidude99 said:
I think SMG should be last because the universe is destroyed and then reborn.
I don't believe it that. I think Bowser's Galaxy was only destroyed. Also SMG2 must have been after SMG1 because Rosalina said:"Thank you Mario"
and she would know mario from his first adventure.

Aqua Soul said:
@MnSG

My thoughts are that the events of Super Mario Galaxy were erased after the supernova explosion. The Star Festival never happened, and Bowser has no memory of his plans for conquering the universe.

After Super Mario Galaxy, the events of New Super Mario Bros. Wii followed, and after that, Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Aqua Soul said:
As for the spin-offs/sports/parties and Super Smash Bros, I'd say their non-canon, they're just there for the player's enjoyment. Wario and Bowser would never agree to a friendly competition, (well, Wario might join if he could win/steal a trophy), and Super Smash Bros. couldn't have really happened considering Bowser can beat Mario, Peach can beat Bowser, and Mario can beat Peach.

I agree, which is why I haven't listed them

And you could put Mario with Bowser in a Mario Party Tournament and work together fine.

MnSG said:
Aqua Soul said:
@MnSG

My thoughts are that the events of Super Mario Galaxy were erased after the supernova explosion. The Star Festival never happened, and Bowser has no memory of his plans for conquering the universe.

Does that mean Mario would still remember it though? Also in SMG2 the Lumas remember him.

After Super Mario Galaxy, the events of New Super Mario Bros. Wii followed, and after that, Super Mario Galaxy 2.

yoshidude99 said:
MnSG said:
Aqua Soul said:
@MnSG

Does that mean Mario would still remember it though? Also in SMG2 the Lumas remember him.

Mario would be one of the very few characters who'd still remember the Super Mario Galaxy events. Rosalina is the other person, but she likely kept the information a secret from everyone during the Super Mario Galaxy 2 events.

Could it be TECHNICALLY possible that Galaxy 2 comes BEFORE Galaxy 1? In Galaxy 1, she DID say she watched over the stars, and she acts like she didn't know Mario before then, but knew him in the Grandmaster Galaxy, mainly because he saved the universe, and in Galaxy 1, she acts like Mario is familiar, but doesn't remember him. It also seems like Lubba knew Rosalina during Galaxy 2, yet is never mentioned in Galaxy 1. I'm nitpicking a lot but, I still think it might come before Galaxy 1.

GutsehMan said:
Could it be TECHNICALLY possible that Galaxy 2 comes BEFORE Galaxy 1? In Galaxy 1, she DID say she watched over the stars, and she acts like she didn't know Mario before then, but knew him in the Grandmaster Galaxy, mainly because he saved the universe, and in Galaxy 1, she acts like Mario is familiar, but doesn't remember him. It also seems like Lubba knew Rosalina during Galaxy 2, yet is never mentioned in Galaxy 1. I'm nitpicking a lot but, I still think it might come before Galaxy 1.
I think the Opposite to you.

yoshidude99 said:
Like I said before I think lumas remember Mario in SMG2. What do you guys think?

Well there's always my theory regarding only certain characters maintained their memories of Super Mario Galaxy's events.

I think Paper Mario shouldn't be here.

The chronology that I tend to follow and count is the Super Mario chronology. However, RPGs aren't involved. Therefore, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi are excluded in it.

I think that the Mario and Luigi games happen one after one. Paper Mario to me has there separate storylines not saying anything about the last Paper Mario story.

Back