DS stylus location

If Nintendo releases a new DS, where should they put the stylus pocket?

• On the right side of the DS (like the DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL)

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • On the left side of the DS

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • At the back, closer to the left side

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • At the back, closer to the right (like the original DS)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I can hold the stylus in either hand, so it does not matter.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
I can hold it either hand, so I don't care.

Well, I hate the DS Lite style, since it's difficult for me to grab the stylus and play without transferring it to my mouth to hold it (I'm left handed).

The stylus should located in the same place as a 3DS, but that would be selfish of me.

It doesn't mind me at all, as I'm both handed.

DS Lite style. I'm right-handed, so it's really easy for me.
Where is the stylus located on the 3DS (I really need to get one)?

Per LGM, I'm a lefty too

You righties don't understand the stuff we lefties have to undergo

Baby Luigi said:
You righties don't understand the stuff we lefties have to undergo.
I got VERY annoyed with the first DS. Nintendo assumed everyone is right handed and I had to suffer.

I think Nintendo should have holes on either side of the DS for holding it, that way nobody will complain.

That's the problem, because there will be no space for a battery, a screen, etc.
Usually, the battery is on the left side, so if you want to have a Stylus in there, then they'd have to make the battery thinner (less battery life), or make the system thicker (heavier, and useless).
That's also the reason why the 3DS Stylus is telescopic, and the DS Stylus is so small.

I'm righty and I can get it easily and you need to do it a lot so you can't accidently pull out game card

Sorry, lefties, but Nintendo has to please the majority, and the majority happens to be right-handed people.

But, since I'm right-handed, I'll stick with my choice of DS Lite style because it's easiest for righties.

On the right side of the DS. Although, on the 3DS, I haven't used the stylus too much to form an opinion on it. I'm sure it's easy for my little brother though, he's left-handed.

It on the back pleases all instead of the majority

The DS lite's stylus's location is very inconvenient for me, though. I either have to tilt it in an awkward way to pull out the stylus or take it out and exchange it.

Back