Paper Mario (fangame) beta

Where can you download it when your done?

Herr Shyguy said:
Koopa Kid said:
Where can you download it when your done?
I'm assuming he'll post a download link.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I present you the earliest battle screenshot of Paper Mario Epic's development.
Keep in mind that this is still in work in progress, so several choices have yet to be added.

The game's battle system will be different from that of the other Paper Mario games.
The new battle system is more interactive than before, allowing mario to run up and attack his target with full control.
Probably the most interesting part of the screenshot is the epix choice. This is the "star power" of Paper Mario Epics.
The Epix is a book that contain tales and stories that Mario can use to aid his greatly during battle. Each star power come from a different story in the Epix.

Be sure to keep up with Paper Mario Epics development. Hopefully a gameplay video will be shown soon. ;) :mario: :luigi: :bowser: :peach:

Whittle said:
That scene looks awesome
Guys, I really hate to say this, but thi game may be abandoned and replaced by another mario game, this time a platformer. The reason for this is becuase the game is simply not as fun as you all may expect it to be. After playing it for a little while, I was bored by it, mainly becuase of it being an rpg, it's not as entertaining for a mario game. The game is not cancelled, but i'm may be considering it. :-\

Herr Shyguy said:
Release a quick little demo, we'll give you some feedback.
alright, I'll get working on a demo. I have ALOT of freetime now so it shouldn't take very long. I'll post the demo when it is done.

shyguy777 said:
Whittle said:
That scene looks awesome
Guys, I really hate to say this, but thi game may be abandoned and replaced by another mario game, this time a platformer. The reason for this is becuase the game is simply not as fun as you all may expect it to be. After playing it for a little while, I was bored by it, mainly becuase of it being an rpg, it's not as entertaining for a mario game. The game is not cancelled, but i'm may be considering it. :-\
Maybe RPGs just aren't your thing, I'm sure many people might find an RPG a lot of fun.
shyguy777 said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Release a quick little demo, we'll give you some feedback.
alright, I'll get working on a demo. I have ALOT of freetime now so it shouldn't take very long. I'll post the demo when it is done.
Awesome, I'll be sure to tell you how it is.

Koopa Kid said:
I hope to play it!
UPDATE
Paper Mario Epic's progressing well, but has slowed down signifigantly becuase of graphical enhancing. The graphics of PME are still pretty sketchy, and I have been trying my best to improve on them, so that they are presentable.
A small gameplay video will be put on youtube as soon as possible, but the visuals will look subpar, so I really hope that does not turn away any eager followers.
Besides from that, everythings looking pretty good.

Hopefully me next update will have a video tagged along with it. ;) :mario: :luigi: :peach: :bowser:

shyguy777 said:
UPDATE
Paper Mario Epic's progressing well, but has slowed down signifigantly becuase of graphical enhancing. The graphics of PME are still pretty sketchy, and I have been trying my best to improve on them, so that they are presentable.
A small gameplay video will be put on youtube as soon as possible, but the visuals will look subpar, so I really hope that does not turn away any eager followers.
Besides from that, everythings looking pretty good.

Hopefully me next update will have a video tagged along with it. ;)

Yaaaaaaaaaaay. ;D

:IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Well finally it is here. The prototype video of Paper Mario Epics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8JCWMjGe1I

...and the video is laggy..cough..

The good news is that it only lags becuase of Fraps.
The game runs at a fine framerate when played in person.

Hope this breaks the silence that this post has been having recently ;) :mario: :luigi: :bowser: :peach:

Didn't you read that annotation?
It's more like he'll need to have more work on newer hardware, rather than Mario's legs.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
It's more like he'll need to have more work on newer hardware, rather than Mario's legs.
what do you mean by newer hardware?
The reason why the gameplay footage was in slow motion was becuase of lag caused by the recording software. I am going to remove the current prototype video and create a new one with non laggy footage.

Hope that proto video didnt turn off any people who were excited about the game :-\

shyguy777 said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
The reason why the gameplay footage was in slow motion was becuase of lag caused by the recording software. I am going to remove the current prototype video and create a new one with non laggy footage.

Hope that proto video didnt turn off any people who were excited about the game :-\

I know that and is those only level that you made?

King DDD said:
shyguy777 said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:

I know that and is those only level that you made?
the levels were made by me, and no thos are not the the only levels.

>>shyguy777
>what do you mean by newer hardware?

Older hardware + heavy software + video recording = SloMo Paradise.
For example: If you're running a 3D game on an Intel Celeron chip, and you want to record video using Fraps (also heavy), then your PC will become unhappy, and record on low frame rate.

Back