Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

I don't think I'll be buying this today, but I really want this game

It's a good game, and as GP pointed out, the game has a lot of puzzles. It's definitely a step up from the original because the puzzles in this game are harder.

Looker said:
It's a good game, and as GP pointed out, the game has a lot of puzzles. It's definitely a step up from the original because the puzzles in this game are harder.

I knew it would be a step-up from the first game overall ever since I heard there was multiple mansions. It sounds like a super fun game and it's probably even better than the original.

Also, this game isn't a short game. Unlike the original where you can beat it in about 6 hours

Baby Luigi said:
Also, this game isn't a short game. Unlike the original where you can beat it in about 6 hours

Well, I figured that. With like, what, 5 or 6 mansions with multiple missions in each, I didn't expect it to be short. I'm really glad they improved that, though, because that was one bad thing about the first one.

Another good part is that you can re-do missions as many times as you want and try to get that gold medal. :luigi:

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure the puzzles in Missions 2 and 3 of Gloomy Mansion.

Got it.

It's actually really challenging! I beat the first three without a problem, but number 4 took me 53 minutes mostly due to being stuck and forgetting about:

the secret transportation thing from the kitchen to the dining room

And Multiplayer is pretty fun as well. I feel as though it doesn't work to well on online though. You can't communicate with the other players, so I'll try local later this week and see if it's better. But all the multiplayer modes are super fun and challenging!

Can't wait to play more!

New Super Mario said:
And Multiplayer is pretty fun as well. I feel as though it doesn't work to well on online though. You can't communicate with the other players, so I'll try local later this week and see if it's better. But all the multiplayer modes are super fun and challenging!

Can't wait to play more!

What do you do in multiplayer anyways?

a friend kept yelling about how hard the first boss is to me, then I got there and made him even angrier by not having much trouble at all with it. It definitely spooked me when it showed up though

MCS said:
New Super Mario said:

Can't wait to play more!

What do you do in multiplayer anyways?
You work together with up to 3 other players to try to conquer the "Scarescraper" by beating each floor until you get to the top. You can choose between 5, 10, and 25 floors. (I heard something about infinite too, but maybe that's only in download play). At the top of the floor, there is a boss battle. There are also (on the 10 and 25 floors I think there are more bosses in between).

On the floors that aren't the boss levels, you're basically just working on randomly-generated floor maps to beat a set goal.

Your goal depends on what mode you choose, either Hunter, Rush, or Polterpup mode. (and I think there's a mode that combines all of these, but I'm not sure).

In Hunter, you basically just have to capture all the ghosts on the floor in the amount of time.

In Rush, you have to find the exit by getting timepieces to increase your time. It's kinda like "racing against the clock"

In Polterpup, you use the Dark Light device to search for Polterpups' pawprints in order to find their locations to suck them up.

And then, at the end of each floor (if you beat it successfully anyway) it turns into a more competitive competition.

They countdown and then the "Red Coin Scramble" begins and 4 red coins are placed around the map. Everyone has to run around and get them.

At the end, if all the coins were collected, a bonus is randomly given out. The more red coins you have, the more chance you have to get the bonus.

You can also get team bonuses I believe too. I only got to play a bit of each match so it might not match up right, but that's what I got out of it.

GymleaderBen said:
a friend kept yelling about how hard the first boss is to me, then I got there and made him even angrier by not having much trouble at all with it. It definitely spooked me when it showed up though

I don't know, the first boss definitely kicked my ass, especially compared to the second one. I think I lost 250 HP the first time I beat the first boss.

I might pick this up on Wednesday or Thursday. And I'm someone who never owned the first game (I rented it once but I never actually got very far). Is the tutorial easy enough to learn that even players like me who haven't played the first game (But watched Let's plays of the first one at least) could at least do well in the first moments of the game?

Looker said:
GymleaderBen said:

I don't know, the first boss definitely kicked my ass, especially compared to the second one. I think I lost 250 HP the first time I beat the first boss.
I lost like 200 I think it said on the first boss. Wasn't that bad though.

It even took me ages to solve the first Level, but that was during Gamescom 2012.
When I've got this game at home, the first really hard Level was the second one.
I think I'm not really good at Puzzles, after all.

The Dark Knight said:
As long as they are not like Zelda puzzles I should be ok.
What was wrong with Zelda puzzles?

Just got it yesterday.

I like the game alot, but I too am not that great at puzzles. Had trouble beating the first boss but after looking up a guide on how to beat it, no problem.

Could'nt connect with anyone to play some multiplayer, games kept getting disconected. No big deal though, still having fun playing the story mode.

Back