Mario Kart 7

Yoshidude99 said:
Is Diddy in the game?

Sadly, he isn't. This also applies to Bowser Jr. and Waluigi. In fact, Mario Kart 7 is the first Mario Kart title since Double Dash!! to not have Waluigi as a racing participant.

Luigi said:
I don't know if someone said it already, but why Waluigi isn't playable on the game ? :-\

Everyone stand back! Another one stepped on the land mine!!

Luigi said:
I don't know if someone said it already, but why Waluigi isn't playable on the game ? :-\

My biggest guess is probably to focus more on characters that have appeared in at least one mainstream title. Waluigi does not meet that criteria.

MnSG said:
My biggest guess is probably to focus more on characters that have appeared in at least one mainstream title. Waluigi does not meet that criteria.

Oh ok, thanks. :)

Metal Mario as a Character did not appear in a Mainstream game.

New Christmas Yoshi said:

Well he did originate from a mainstream game; Super Mario 64. If it weren't for the Metal Box, Metal Mario probably wouldn't exist right now.

New Christmas Yoshi said:
Nintendo didn't invent the whole "the form and the character are separate" thing. That was the Wiki's idea.

Luigi said:

Nintendo decided they wanted 4 new characters, and 12 returning. So then they applied the grandfather clause to everyone up till and including Super Mario Kart, which will give us 9 characters. Then they re-added download-play, which means Shyguy returning, this time as a full character because why the hell not. Then Nintendo realised they only had 1 female character and 11 males, so they added more females: Daisy and Rosalina. Then add the four new characters, and we have the roster of 16 (not counting Mii).

Marwikedor said:
MY FAVORITE POWERUP IS THE LUCKY 7 N I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS

I hate that item. I wanted to use my star but was slighty off, so instead it threw a bob-omb in front of me that exploded in my face, destroying all remaining 6 items.

I've been looking at the various combinations that can be made, and something odd pretty much came up...

Bumble V + Slick + Any glider (except Super Glider and Gold Glider)

It seems that that combination is the fastest one to have above average acceleration for the light (Toad, Koopa Troopa, Lakitu, Shy Guy) and mid-light (Peach, Yoshi, Daisy) characters. However, you're greatly giving up handling and off-road during the process, so it is a major drawback for using this kind of combo. And of course, its weight would be pretty low too. If you're wondering what I mean...

Light
Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 4.5/6
Weight: 2/6
Handling: 1.25/6
Off-Road: 1.75/6

Mid-Light
Speed: 4.25/6
Acceleration: 4/6
Weight: 2.5/6
Handling: 1.25/6
Off-Road: 1.5/6

Edit: Another combo works as the fastest one to have above average acceleration, but only for the light class characters.

Soda Jet + Slick + Any glider (except Super Glider and Gold Glider)

Light
Speed: 4.25/6
Acceleration: 4.25/6
Weight: 2/6
Handling: 1.75/6
Off-Road: 1.25/6

Mijzelffan said:
Unless all the people in the videos main Mario, that argument is invalid.

edit: my brother mains Yoshi, and appearently has the same thing with Toad.

I main Toad and Peach is behind me every frickin' time! I think it is programmed to do that.

Anyway, I have the game now and I have a blast with it! Here's what I think of the courses:

Toad Circuit: Eh, it's a generic first course thing. Nothing too special about it.
Daisy Hills: I don't have much to say about this place. It's still simple.
Cheep-Cheep Cape: I like the underwater segments but the course is overall boring.
Shy Guy Bazaar: Fun place! The music is nice too!

Wuhu Island Loop: Fun course with many details and turns.
Mario Circuit: Another generic circuit place. At least you can drive inside the castle.
Music Park: I LOVE this stage. The music, along with the instruments making noises as you drive on them is AWESOME.
Rock Rock Mountain: Fun course with fun music.

Piranha Plant Slide: Well-designed place, but HATE the Piranha Plants
Wario's Shipyard: Well-thought out place but it's a little too random. Since when Wario owned a ship filled with skeletal fish? 0_o
Neo Bowser City: I don't know why everyone's dissing that course, I love it.
Maka Wuhu: I like the first one more but it's still a well-designed place.

DK Jungle: Fun place! I enjoy racing here.
Rosalina's Ice World: I like the music here. It's quite calming. The course is also nicely thought out.
Bowser's Castle: Fun, but it's hard at times
Rainbow Road: Like the others say, this one blows all the others away.

As for Battle mode, there is not a single battle course that I dislike. Pretty nice.

Overall, this is a neat game with awesome customization (Bruiser, Blue Seven, Bolt Buggy, Zucchini are cool body parts). The only thing that still irks me is no Baby Luigi but I can definitely live with that.

Baby Luigi said:
Mijzelffan said:

I main Toad and Peach is behind me every frickin' time! I think it is programmed to do that.

Yeah it sounds like Super Mario Kart again, since in that game, Koopa Troopa is always behind me whenever I use Yoshi.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mijzelffan said:

Yeah it sounds like Super Mario Kart again, since in that game, Koopa Troopa is always behind me whenever I use Yoshi.
I don't know what's wrong with you guys, I always use Toad, but many different people are behind me.

EDIT: fixed qupte thingy

likesorange said:
MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mijzelffan said:

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, I always use Toad, but many different people are behind me.
Fix

Please write out of the quote box next time, it's annoying to search for your comment.

Maybe it's programmed to be that way because they wanted it to have a little more Super Mario Kart feel. Just a Guess.
I really can't wait for this game.

Well, while Bowser is still good in my game, for some reason my game has slowly transitioned to having Metal Mario as the lead cpu every match now.

Anyway:

2011-12-05-383-Nepotism.jpg

Mijzelffan said:
Well, while Bowser is still good in my game, for some reason my game has slowly transitioned to having Metal Mario as the lead cpu every match now.

Anyway:

Of all the things i've seen from brawl in the family
that has to be the funniest i've seen LOL

you tell em' Daisy!

anywho...

Metal Mario now? :-\

have you played either Bowser or Metal Mario?

cause maybe from you playing them (if you have)
the game programs itself to have who you have played to be the leader

again, just a random thought

Mijzelffan said:

Anyway:

LOL!

At least Daisy was actually in the game unlike Waluigi.

Mijzelffan said:

Anyway:

Brawl in the Family is always awesome at these kinds of things... And I was just thinking about the whole Wiggler situation.

Yes, Daisy is in it. The unlockable characters are Daisy, Wario, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Queen Bee, Wiggler and Lakitu, which are unlocked when the cups from 150cc are won.

By the way, great game, beautiful tracks, nice characters and awesome online mode. The only annoying thing is 150cc and Mirror, which are kind of frustrating.
9.5/10 for MK7.

How do you unlock Rosalina? I dont really care about the other ones (except Wario, and maybe Metal Mario.)

Back