Best Mario Game for Wii

What is your favorite Mario game for Wii?

• Super Mario Bros.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Super Mario Galaxy

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Super Smash Bros.

• Mario Party 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Sports

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Galaxy.

Mario Kart

Super Smash Bros. isn't a Mario game.

It has eight characters from the Mario franchise, and is featured in this very wiki. I think we can make an exception.

Okay, then. I just think of it as a crossover with many Mario characters, not a full fledged Mario game, though.

Really, I don't think of it as one either. But it's pretty Mario friendly.

I would recommend not getting Galaxy. I don't know if someone made it sound better than it was to me or what, but I found it painfully easy when compared to Sunshine and SM64, and I beat it in less than 24 hours.

But if you don't have it, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is something every Wii should have.

I just recently got MP8, and I personally like it. But then again, I took a direct leap from the first Mario Party to the most recent, so what do I know?

As for the "Mario Sports", I would recommend not getting Mario Sports Mix, if you were considering that. I read in a review in a magazine that it made sports like Hockey and Volleyball feel the same, even though they're completely different games.

But be sure not to limit yourself to Wii games; the Gamecube still has plenty of great games left, and it's a shame that stores are slowly taking them off the shelves.

PieGuy said:
As for the "Mario Sports", I would recommend not getting Mario Sports Mix, if you were considering that. I read in a review in a magazine that it made sports like Hockey and Volleyball feel the same, even though they're completely different games.

That is so not true

Well, like I said, I just read it in a magazine. I think it was GameInformer?

I played the game myself, and what that magazine said is false.

PieGuy said:
As for the "Mario Sports", I would recommend not getting Mario Sports Mix, if you were considering that. I read in a review in a magazine that it made sports like Hockey and Volleyball feel the same, even though they're completely different games..

The reviewer is a liar. Don't rely on reviews to get games. Some other reviewers penalized the same game for not following the real-life rules of the sports.

Ornithologist Mario said:
The reviewer is a liar. Don't rely on reviews to get games. Some other reviewers penalized the same game for not following the real-life rules of the sports.

It doesn't make him a liar. The review could very well be his honest opinion of the game. He might just have a different taste than you do, particularly since he's supposed to play all sorts of games, and you post in the MarioWiki Forum meaning you're biased in Mario's favor.

That being said, don't take one review too seriously. In order to make a solid judgment of whether or not a game is worth it you need to go to many sources, both from reviewers and regular gamers, and see what the general consensus is. One review is not enough. Or you could just play the game and make a decision yourself...

Leonyx said:

It doesn't make him a liar. The review could very well be his honest opinion of the game. He might just have a different taste than you do, particularly since he's supposed to play all sorts of games, and you post in the MarioWiki Forum meaning you're biased in Mario's favor.

That being said, don't take one review too seriously. In order to make a solid judgment of whether or not a game is worth it you need to go to many sources, both from reviewers and regular gamers, and see what the general consensus is. One review is not enough. Or you could just play the game and make a decision yourself...

I wasn't literally calling him a liar, but he's being a little harsh, and the reason he stated isn't very valid.

I played Hockey and Volleyball in Mario Sports Mix and I had to laugh when they said these two play the same. I mean, Volleyball, you serve a ball, no goal, get an amount of points to win. Hockey, face off, score it into a goal to win, goalie's there. They couldn't be anymore different. I'd compare Hockey to Basketball first before comparing it to Volleyball.

I wasn't literally calling him a liar, but he's being a little harsh, and the reason he stated isn't very valid.

Ah. Well, your tone of voice does not carry well over the internet. I thought you were serious.

Leonyx said:

Ah. Well, your tone of voice does not carry well over the internet. I thought you were serious.

Yeah, I take some sarcastic comments seriously too. You're not the only one.

Super Mario Bros? New Super Mario Bros?

I think I got the most time out of Mario Kart Wii, but it'd be a tie between MKWii and NSMB.

NSMB Wii is very fun; however, in terms of overall experience, I definitely enjoyed Mario Kart Wii a lot more.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii was definitely a fun game, however, I enjoyed Mario Kart more.

Most people enjoy most of the games. They just have a favorite.

Back