What Could Be in New Super Mario Bros. 3?

Mariomario64

Shine Sprite
Hello all! I just have a question for all of you out there. If they were to make a third game in the New Super Mario Bros. series, what would be in it? I think that since it's New Super Mario Bros. 3...they could bring back all of the power-ups from Super Mario Bros. 3!! I'll leave the rest of the suggestions to you guys. ;D
lol

I would want new powerups, Toad being playable, and more original bosses.

Why skip Super Mario Bros. 2? That was an excellent game too.

Because people think it's a "fake" game.

Mariomario64 said:
The Magic School Bus said:
Well, what kinds of stuff is in SMB2 that you'd want in NSMB3?

The bosses and the awesome vegetables. I loved Super Mario Bros. 2 bosses WAY more than the Koopalings.

I also liked to see Toad being playable and Peach not getting kidnapped.

Toad being playable

^This. Also character differentiation (like in SMB 2) and new power ups. Hope this is not too much to ask.

I agree. This game is getting bashed too much. It's still a Mario game at heart considering Miyamoto worked more on Doki Doki Panic than SMB LL.

The downside to SMB2 was that it had no powerups, though.

That's true. However, that might have made the game more easier if it had power ups. Regardless, it would be fun to add them in a new New Super Mario Bros. game.

I still like the SMB2 bosses more than the stupid Koopalings

I agree, but you end up throwing stuff at all of them, though.

Same attacks with the Koopalings as well, but the SMB2 bosses have original designs and have different methods of attacking you.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I'm pretty sure that Mushrooms and Starmen were in the game.

Doctor Nega said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
I'm pretty sure that Mushrooms and Starmen were in the game.

There were, but the Mushrooms increase your maximum health in that game.

To be honest, I'd rather they make a completely new game over making a sequel. I want a new side scrolling platformer from Mario, different from all of the other ones.

Me too. Still, it would get criticized for BS reasons such as a departure from the original (i.e. Super Mario Bros. 2) :mad:

The Magic School Bus said:
Me too. Still, it would get criticized for BS reasons such as a departure from the original (i.e. Super Mario Bros. 2) :mad:

Who actually hates the game because it's different from the original? Wait, don't answer that...

As long as they were to title the game differently (so that people don't think "Oh, a sequel. It's just like the first one, right?" and then hate it right away when they see otherwise) it would be fine.

If there's another New Super Mario Bros., they better bring back the multiplayer

New archetypes to the series, like steampunk.

Wait, that would be too weird for this series.

Well, I'd like to see really unique for once.

I'd like a battle mode similar to Mario vs. Luigi in New Super Mario Bros. That mode would be so much better with 4 players. The competitive mode in the Wii version wasn't that good.

Back