Favourite Mainstream Mario Game

What's your favourite mainstream game?

• Total voters

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

"Stuff it, sponge brain!"
I can't decide; it's either Super Mario Bros. 2 or New Super Mario Bros. Wii

@ DKPetey99: See those games listed up there in the poll? Those. Basically anything that's not an RPG, Kart, or sport spinoff.

Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii were my favourites.

Definitely Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario World.

I'd have to pick Super Mario 64, because it means so much to me.

I'll pick New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Still, I'm very fond of Super Mario Bros. 2

FireSoul said:
Luigi's Mansion (It's not an RPG, sport, or spin-off)

One could argue that it is a spin-off. But I guess you could call it a mainstream game.

Well, personally, I think it qualifies as mainstream not spin-off since it actually has a plot and its single player whereas most spin-offs are multiplayer like Mario Party. Not trying to start an argument, just trying to give my two cents.

FireSoul said:
Well, personally, I think it qualifies as mainstream not spin-off since it actually has a plot and its single player whereas most spin-offs are multiplayer like Mario Party. Not trying to start an argument, just trying to give my two cents.

Oh, I understand. For a Mario game, it's not like traditional spin-offs. But I believe a spin-off is defined as a game that is based off of characters from a series but does not start the main characters. You could say that the game does actually have a main character staring in it, so it can be considered a main game, I guess.

I'm not trying to start an argument either. I just like to think about these things. Sorry if you felt threatened.

Nah, its all right. I can see why you would see it as a spin-off. Since Luigi is the one being controlled by the player whereas Mario's appearances are minimal. Although Luigi himself is a main character in the Mario franchise, so that's why I consider Luigi's Mansion mainstream. Maybe it can be classified as both mainstream and spin-off.

Back