Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Oh I LOVE Sonic. It's the fans that can get on my nerves sometimes...

And that's just the thing: some people tend to just Bronies simply by what they like and not who they are or what they do, and that's a little unfair.

Nabber said:
Kind of ironic that a post about the mistreatment of bronies led to the mistreatment of bronies.
HA!

So because you're a brony that means you can post whatever the hell you want and get away with it?

Smashgoom202 said:
And that's just the thing: some people tend to just Bronies simply by what they like and not who they are or what they do, and that's a little unfair.

Dude, that happens to like, everyone out there.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I never once thought "Oh man, people are so mean to Sonic fans, I wish someone would make a documentary to raise awareness for how mistreated they are!", because that's dumb.
I don't think anyone here was thinking that.

Nabber said:
I'm pretty sure that counts as flaming. And I'm sure that there ARE people here that would mind if I never spoke again. Of course, you yourself don't like them, therefore, they aren't people.

Yes, that's right. I am Joseph Stalin and the people I don't like cease to be people.

Over time I've observed that you seem to be incapable of understanding anything whatsoever on any level that isn't completely literal. I guess I forgot about that and tried to say something in a way that wasn't 100% literal, whoops. Here, let me rephrase:

You are an incredibly self righteous person with very little to justify the degree to which you're in love with yourself, and reading your posts with their total lack of awareness of what's going on or how your attitude makes you look to the people around you causes me physical pain. If you stopped talking, I personally would feel much better about this entire community, and based on the discussions I've had about you with other people, I surmise that a significant contingent of other users shares this viewpoint with me.

There, is that better? I was as precise as I could manage.

Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Hrm... I guess it does...

But then again, Lauren Faust made this show withe mindset of making it accessible to everyone and not just little girls, so I think the stigma of My Little Pony is what's causing certain groups make fun of anyone liking the show. In a way, the Brony movement and this documentary maybe just what she needed to brake the barrier between shows for little girls and shows for little boys, that is to say, anyone can like a show for little boys, even girls, though it wasn't specifically made to appeal to them, but somewhere along the line, little girls shows were only liked by little girls.

God, I just caught myself rambling. People complain about my long posts, and this is why. :'(

Vocal Beat said:
Good job missing my point. You're quite good at it, I've noticed.

Smashgoom202 said:
Okay, problem there, you used Sonic fans as an example, and the only thing they deserve is pity (most of the time, they're not all like that, but still it's pretty overwhelming). While Bronies have their bad apples, most of the community is genuinely nice, welcoming, and inviting, and most of them are average people who just happen to like this show.

Not to mention, you (and Dr. You-Know-Who) seem to have this mindset where you can't let other people's thoughts and words get to you, and while that might be easy for you to say, to others, it's not. Yeah, some of them are just really insecure (I might still be just a little), but a lot of them are just really sensitive and have hard lives to deal with. I try to be nice and open-minded, at least as much as I can. If I'm not, I'll catch myself and try again.

Point is, maybe to YOU it doesn't seem important, and it probably isn't in the grand scheme of things. But hey, there's no harm in making one anyway, especially if someone like John de Lancie and a bunch of dedicated fans want it to happen. It can only help.
Well then that's the oversensitive fans problem, isn't it? They feel they're being mistreated and oppressed, when the truth says differently. If it's just a silly little doco, then whatever, not my problem. It's that you seem to believe it'll "raise awareness" of the "mistreatment" of bronies that bothers me, because there is no such mistreatment and there is nothing to raise awareness of.

I find that older fans of Nintendo are being mistreated, so there should be an entire documentary about it.

Does that make sense?

A documentary about Nintendo itself would make sense, but one about the fans?
What makes us Bronies any more special?

Crocodile Dippy said:
Well then that's the oversensitive fans problem, isn't it? They feel they're being mistreated and oppressed, when the truth says differently. If it's just a silly little doco, then whatever, not my problem. It's that you seem to believe it'll "raise awareness" of the "mistreatment" of bronies that bothers me, because there is no such mistreatment and there is nothing to raise awareness of.

Well actually, like I said a few posts back, I think "mistreatment" is a bad word for it, and I think "misunderstanding" would be more appropriate. I'd be nice for people to know just what kind of people like the show... for reals.

Also, Magikrazy, if John de Lancie wants to make a documentary because he feels people need to know about the fandom of MLP better, then by gosh, he can if he wants to. Who cares if it makes sense? I'd totally watch a documentary about the "mistreatment of Nintendo fans", if it's coherent enough. Either way it's bound to give me an interesting perspective about how anyone can see Nintendo fans as "mistreated".

Smashgoom202 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Hrm... I guess it does...

But then again, Lauren Faust made this show withe mindset of making it accessible to everyone and not just little girls, so I think the stigma of My Little Pony is what's causing certain groups make fun of anyone liking the show. In a way, the Brony movement and this documentary maybe just what she needed to brake the barrier between shows for little girls and shows for little boys, that is to say, anyone can like a show for little boys, even girls, though it wasn't specifically made to appeal to them, but somewhere along the line, little girls shows were only liked by little girls.

God, I just caught myself rambling. People complain about my long posts, and this is why. :'(

Unreasonable people such as people who make fun of the show before even giving it a try will never reform. You can't reason with those fools who judge books by their covers. So that's another reason the documentary is not going to make people understand any more than they do now.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Vocal Beat said:
Good job missing my point. You're quite good at it, I've noticed.
Missed your point? Would it make more sense if I edited your post?

Vocal Beat said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
I never once thought "Oh man, people are so mean to [Bronies], I wish someone would make a documentary to raise awareness for how mistreated they are!", because that's dumb.

Don't be an idiot. I was pointing out that Sonic fans are far more mistreated, yet no one is asking for a documentary on them to raise awareness of their position. Why? Because they're just a group of fans who are into a quirky video game series, which doesn't deserve any special treatment. The same can be said of bronies; they aren't special, they should not be treated as such.

Seems you can't understand anything that isn't %100 literal, either. You may want to work on that!

I WOULD argue that Sonic fans DESERVE the "mistreatment" they get, but I don't want to make this discussion any worse then it already is. :(

Smashgoom202 said:
I WOULD argue that Sonic fans DESERVE the "mistreatment" they get, but I don't want to make this discussion any worse then it already is. :(

I personally wouldn't.

If you mentioned the crazy, deranged ones, I might consider. But then again, any crazy, deranged fans deserve mistreatment

But it is true. I can't stand close-minded ignorant people, e.g. those who bash My Little Pony because it's a "girl's show" before they even tried it. What goes around comes around.

Mason said:
Stop saying people deserve mistreatment. Didn't you guys learn better in... kindergarten?
So you're saying we can't make fun of guys who are overly arrogant with their opinions, regardless of how stupid they are? Just what have we be doing here?

Notice how I said we, so I'm not specifically calling anyone out on anything, because we're ALL to blame for this.

Also, "mistreatment" can be a pretty broad term, and could refer to anything, not just abuse or harassment.

Baby Luigi said:
But it is true. I can't stand close-minded ignorant people, e.g. those who bash My Little Pony because it's a "girl's show" before they even tried it. What goes around comes around.
I think you're abusing that phrase. It's meant as a conciliatory karmic principle, not a blank check to be a dick to people you think have wronged you.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Don't be an idiot. I was pointing out that Sonic fans are far more mistreated, yet no one is asking for a documentary on them to raise awareness of their position. Why? Because they're just a group of fans who are into a quirky video game series, which doesn't deserve any special treatment. The same can be said of bronies; they aren't special, they should not be treated as such.

Seems you can't understand anything that isn't %100 literal, either. You may want to work on that!
I'm sorry for not knowing Sonic fans are mistreated (or the mistreatment of any fanbase.)

Then why did you even post? If you had nothing to contribute to the discussion at all, you shouldn't have attempted to participate in the first place.

Herr Shyguy said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think you're abusing that phrase. It's meant as a conciliatory karmic principle, not a blank check to be a *bleep* to people you think have wronged you.

I'm still pretty sure you get my point, whether I abused that term or not.

Besides, I don't act like this to other people who I "think" wronged me anyway, so I don't know where you're going with this. I'm just using it to say that bad attitudes get bad reactions generally.

These last three pages have been nothing but flaming from both sides! It really doesn't matter you say, the end result will be devastating. Besides, the topic got too far off...well, topic.

So...to bring it on topic...anyone know where to find decent accurate sheet music for This Day Aria?

About Fighting Is Magic, what could the other eleven characters besides the Mane 6 be (they confirmed seventeen characters)?

Back