Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Everything was hilarious except the rather lame end. It would be interesting if it actually was one of the bakers, and Pinkie is vindicated. Granted, it doesn't teach a lesson, but they've trolled us before. The pipe, the movie references, and Rarity's fake eyelashes were my favorite parts.

Also, Pony Joe is about the last character I expected to make a return. :P

Decent episode, I figured Rarity was guilty because of the way her hair was, but didn't really expect Rainbow Dash to be guilty, too.

i knew Pinkie and Applejack weren't guilty because I read some spoilers :(

Well we're about 2 weeks until the Season Finale. Anyone have anything we can discuss in the meantime?

Speaking of which we're going to need something to talk about after the Season's over. We're in for another long wait

Northern Verve said:
Well we're about 2 weeks until the Season Finale. Anyone have anything we can discuss in the meantime?

Speaking of which we're going to need something to talk about after the Season's over. We're in for another long wait
We could

A. Talk about our favorite scenes from the past 2 seasons.
B. Predict who or what the next villain could be.

Which do you want to do?

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic is almost done. They just need to finish Rainbow Dash.

I didn't care too much for the new episode, in fact, it might be one of my least favorites.

Northern Verve said:
Anyone have anything we can discuss in the meantime?
Fan-Games? Like Pony-Kart?

What I'd like to see:

EarthPony
My Little Punch-Out!!
Pony Kong Country
Mega Pony X

Anypony know if these are out/being made?

There is a fan game coming out called My Little Investigations. It should be quite fun.

Magikrazy said:
Northern Verve said:

We could

A. Talk about our favorite scenes from the past 2 seasons.
B. Predict who or what the next villain could be.

Which do you want to do?

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic is almost done. They just need to finish Rainbow Dash.

...as in kill her off?

Magikrazy said:
You see, they're saving the best for last.

There's also that Fire Emblem-styled fangame coming out.

Rule of thumb about fan-created games: once a demo gets released the chance of a full version ever being finished drops significantly. Don't know why, it's just the case.

Though I don't think half (if not more) of the fan-games we're being told are being worked on will ever see the light of day anyway.

This episode was... predictable. :-\

I once said that this episode's plot synopsis reminded me of Adventure Time's episode about a train mystery, and I liked that one much more, not so much because the mystery was better, but because it spoofed the whole genre and and so many twists put into it that it made it far less predictable and more funny.

But before I get to the episode, I just want to say that I was away for the weekend. I helped my sister move into her new apartment and celebrated Easter as well... Not sure how well it went, but anyway, I only just saw the episode now, recorded, with my mom. And it was GLITCHY as HECK! I managed to follow along, but when we watched it, I was really annoyed when they kept skipping over bits of dialogue and stuff...

So, let's see, in regards of the episode, here's what I did like:

-Pinkie Pie getting all her friends to help bring the cake to the train, plus Big Mac.
-Big Back actually taking down one of the train's WALLS to put the cake in!
-Seeing Pony Joe again.
-Pinkie's poofy hair bounced back after Rainbow Dash went through it.
-Pinkie being adorable as always. :)
-Pinkie scratching herself like a dog.
-Convenient tunnels leads to rooms looking slightly altered afterward.
-Celestia at the end being distracted by the cake. Looks like Gabby Gums was onto something last time! ;)
-Pinkie swallowing the cake whole.

Most of the episode was just predictable dialogue and cliches, and the outcome was so obvious, even my mom could see it coming. I'll say it here and now, I didn't like the idea that her friends ate the cake, especially Fluttershy. I mean, some friends, right? Also, they, along with the other bakers who ate each others desserts share the same problem of lack of self control. Yeah, Pinkie Pie made those treats sound delicious, and even though they seemed genuinely sorry afterward, I found it very... Oh what's the word... Lame? Inconsiderate? Harmful? Especially when they felt sorry about it afterward? If you're going to regret it, then don't do it!

See, this is why I find real life criminals so interesting, because I have to wonder what goes through the minds of those kinds of people. I mean, when you commit a crime, you have to be careful not to get caught? And most of the people I hear about seem to have not particularly thought their crimes trough enough because, well... THEY GOT CAUGHT! Which really justifies the whole "crime does not pay" aspect, but still, if they REALLY wanted some of that cake, they could have just waited until AFTER the contest...

Although, seeing as how Pinkie Pie DID eat the whole thing immediately after it won, with only Celestia getting a slice for herself, perhaps they were justified getting some while they could...

But still, that's just a personal thing, and something I didn't particularly care for. I REALLY didn't like that Fluttershy was also responsible for taking a bite out of the cake. I mean, she's SO apologetic, and so sweet and kind, I just couldn't imagine her doing something like that...

Then there were these moments. You may or may not like them, but when I saw them, I actually groaned out loud at how stupid they were.

-Pinkie not thinking the conductor was responsible for eating the cake. He had the same hat, so why not accuse him?
-Pinkie's imagine shots of each of the bakers "sabotaged" the cake (though my mom did giggle a bit at the James Bond parody).
-Twilight hiding her clues from Pinkie. Way to keep us in suspense, writers... Say who wrote this one? Amy Keating Rogers? Well, I'll be honest, she's not my favorite writers, and most of the episodes she wrote I didn't particularly care for... Oh well.
-"Mousse in his mustache". Ugh... "Eclair in his hair". Ugh! "Sprinkles in her wrinkles" UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Well, that's what was immediately on my mind about that episode. Hopefully I explained myself thoroughly enough so that people who genuinely liked this episode won't get upset for saying I didn't like it. I'm just glad to be back home and have access to Ponies at any given time again. :D

Good news for any Phoenix Wright fans. Part 3 of that FiM crossover will be uploaded next week. Though you'll have to find time for nearly 2 hours of video. Because the person who made it said that Part 3 clocks in at 1 hour and 40 minutes.

That's sure to be something.

You know, I was just having a conversations with my younger sister and mother the other day about my like for this show. My sister mentions that she just found out about the word "Brony", and I explained the perceived meaning, and how some people didn't want to be associated with it. My sister immediately assumed that it was because they didn't want to be thought of as pedophiles. And we got into a LOUD argument, mostly on my side because I'm bad at arguing in real life, but my sister was just saying that most people aren't open-minded and will probably think people who like this show would be pedophiles. Well, if that's the case, then why did SHE think they would be pedophiles. I tried to poke holes in this logic, saying why would people who are "into" little kids watch a show about ponies, to which they used the show's primary demographic as the reason. I went further saying that why would they even BOTHER saying they liked the show if they were only trying to get little kids? But at that point, they just didn't want to argue anymore and they didn't seem to get the point I was trying to make. I brought up Equestria Forums, and how people can be really friendly and personable here, and all they could say is "how do you know that?", as if to say everyone on this site might just be making up everything they post about just to try and trick you into thinking their normal people. :rolleyes:

To me, the whole things stems from my sister and mom's mistrust of the Internet, and the assumption that EVERYONE on the Internet is a predator waiting to strike. And while it's true that you have to be careful, I found that I'm a lot more open and find a lot more relatable people and have broadened my horizons a lot more then I have trying to speak withe people in real life. That's both a bad thing as well as a semi-good thing, seeing as social interaction has never really been a strong-suit of mine, and staying on the Internet all day doesn't help. Still, I feel like I did a poor job representing this community and only made things worse when trying to explain it to my sister and mom. :(

Northern Verve said:
Good news for any Phoenix Wright fans. Part 3 of that FiM crossover will be uploaded next week. Though you'll have to find time for nearly 2 hours of video. Because the person who made it said that Part 3 clocks in at 1 hour and 40 minutes.

That's sure to be something.
_proxy

I've been working on another Theory for this show, and I think this time, it's absolutely right. So way back at the episode Dragon Quest, I've been wondering why Spike is so different from the other hibernating dragons. It could be that the teenage dragons were just raised much differently, but I'm taking it further. You know the episode Secret of my Excess? Before Dragon Quest, I thought all the evil dragons would be huge because of a trigger of the greedy instinct, but after watching that, I don't think that anymore. Instead I think this: Spike was an offspring of two dragons who have not gone greedy, and the migrating dragons were the offsprings of dragons not to have gone greedy. It would explain the size, the attitude, the absolute rareness of Spike's unique existance.

DragonFreak said:
I've been working on another Theory for this show, and I think this time, it's absolutely right. So way back at the episode Dragon Quest, I've been wondering why Spike is so different from the other hibernating dragons. It could be that the teenage dragons were just raised much differently, but I'm taking it further. You know the episode Secret of my Excess? Before Dragon Quest, I thought all the evil dragons would be huge because of a trigger of the greedy instinct, but after watching that, I don't think that anymore. Instead I think this: Spike was an offspring of two dragons who have not gone greedy, and the migrating dragons were the offsprings of dragons not to have gone greedy. It would explain the size, the attitude, the absolute rareness of Spike's unique existance.

Or maybe he's just a different type of dragon. If the show wants us to know why he's like that then they'll tell us. It's a believable theory though, I just don't know why it matters.

Slight rant here, about Celestia and Lunas' fanbase archetypes.

I'm not sticking up for Celestia or anything (I do think Luna's punishment was kinda harsh) , but I kinda hate how she's flanderized into something she's completely not. Nowhere in the show is there any concrete evidence that Celestia just sends people to the moon whenever she's pissed off or when they do inconsequential misdemeanors, as the "Trollestia" archetype promises. Otherwise, we'd have every single one of the mane 6 gone by now. On the contrary, she's proven to be a competent and caring leader,

And I also hate how Luna is similarly derailed into the "good guy;" the one who was "innocently locked away" in the moon by her "abusive" sister. Going back to the actual show, we find the archetypes to be completely reversed. Nowhere does it mention that what she did was inconsequential, or that the archetype fans emit about her is true. She damn near caused the extinction of the pony species (plants need photosynthesis to grow, and ponies are herbivores). While I do believe Celestia's punishment was uncalled for, if anything deserves 1000 years in the moon, it's that. And before any of you dismiss her actions as being under the influence of some outside force or some other crap like that, Luna herself said that all Twi and co. did was "[take] away [her] dark powers." No temporary mental instability, no outside force controlling her, nothing.

Again, I'm not sticking up for Celestia or her actions or anything, but that kind of stuff just pisses me off.

[/endrant]

Yeah the stuff saying Celestia is a Tyrant is only good for jokes. I believe there is a reason everyone reveres Celestia as basically the god-queen (And that's not fear of being banished to the moon).

I believe she put Luna on to the moon because she had no choice. If Luna as Nightmare Moon was allowed to be on Equestria any longer she may have devastated the world worse then Discord did. She couldn't do anything to reason with Nightmare Moon, and Attacking wasn't going to work either. So prolonged imprisonment was the only choice she had. And even then she may have felt reluctance in doing it to her own Sister.

She then had to come up with some sort of prophecy using the Elements of Harmony so that when Luna eventually returns. The Magic power of the Elements (Which she couldn't use them to their full potential) from six Ponies that represented each of the elements would release all the resentment she held as Nightmare Moon and become Normal again.

How the fandom treats Celestia and Luna is always something that annoyed me. Treating Celestia like a tyrant (and that it's actually canon) and saying Luna has ALWAYS been a misunderstood mare who only became evil because of her sister (again, ignored the fact that her sister TRIED to be reasonable with her). Thankfully, that SEEMS to have died down from what I've seen, and not too many people I encounter genuinely believe that.

To be fair, Luna did get the short end of the stick. I have night. But then again, she should be happy for all the nightlife that goes on.

Nabber said:
To be fair, Luna did get the short end of the stick. I have night. But then again, she should be happy for all the nightlife that goes on.
I'm not doubting that. And I agree that she got the short end of the stick. And that's kinda been established by Faust in canon, to boot.

What I'm talking about is how the fandom views Celestia/Luna as a tyrant/idiot savant, when they're the farthest things from that.

EDIT: I totally just misused the term "idiot savant." But you know what I mean.

Back