Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
^ I saw that this morning. Very cool to see the ponies in that. FoxTrot is one of my favorite comic strips, too.

Guys. Guys. GUYS

133337532461.jpg

133337537579.jpg

133337593457.jpg

Fancy Pants, Soarin', Vinyl Scratch, and LUNA

...but not the one I was looking for.

WAIT
WHAT IS THIS
Spike is dancing with Rarity's sister!

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
...but not the one I was looking for.

WAIT
WHAT IS THIS
Spike is dancing with Rarity's sister!

Oh what? Oh you must be still thinking of Discord, well if he somehow appears I don't think they'd put him in the advertisements anyhow. I think they'd keep Discord more of a surprise then
Fancy Pants, Soarin', and Luna.

BUT VHARE IST PHOTO FINEESH?

....I GO.

But seriously that's pretty neat.
I like Soarin's suit.

Northern Verve said:
Guys. Guys. GUYS

133337532461.jpg

133337537579.jpg

133337593457.jpg

Fancy Pants, Soarin', Vinyl Scratch, and LUNA
It's about damn time! Also Sweetie Belle dancing with Spike is so adorable. :)

...actually, this raises a few concerns.

Who is her dad? If he's alive, where is he? Does she hold equal standing with Celestia and Luna? It said she was Celestia's niece, does that mean Luna's her mom? Which makes her more than 1,000 years old? Why did she take her sweet-ass time getting married? And if she's marrying Twi's brother, doesn't that make Twi a duchess or something? Will she have to move back to Canterlot? Also, why have we never heard of her before? Did she do something so heinous, that she had to be kept for Season 2's finale? Or is she just the royal version of Fluttershy? I'm honestly confused.

Loganofan20 said:

Who is her dad? If he's alive, where is he? Does she hold equal standing with Celestia and Luna? It said she was Celestia's niece, does that mean Luna's her mom? Which makes her more than 1,000 years old? Why did she take her sweet-ass time getting married? And if she's marrying Twi's brother, doesn't that make Twi a duchess or something? Will she have to move back to Canterlot? Also, why have we never heard of her before? Did she do something so heinous, that she had to be kept for Season 2's finale? Or is she just the royal version of Fluttershy? I'm honestly confused.

We probably won't know who her dad is. Much like we won't know Luna and Celestia's parents if they had any. I kinda have a feeling that Cadence is a much, much, younger alicorn. Though in early Development, Cadence wasn't originally going to be an Alicorn (WHich might be cause for alarm, but you never know. They might give a good explanation). Twilight probably could technically already be a noble being Celestia's most prized pupil and all, but I have a feeling she may have turned down titles of nobility because judging by how nobles lived from Sweet and Elite, that's not something Twilight could have easily fitted in. So she'll effectively stay in Ponyville after the wedding. In why we haven't heard about Cadence before? I don't know. New characters just work that way I suppose. While they had more minor roles then what Shining Armor and Cadence will have. We never got a mention of Braeburn, and Rarity's Parents before.

Loganofan20 said:

I'm honestly confused why your making such a big deal over a plot device character. I don't see you ranting about some random background characters and asking for their life story.

Do keep in mind, it is just a tv show, and all the things that matter get revealed, and the things that don't nobody should care about.

I'm not saying you have to stop, it's just kind of stupid. No. Not kind of. Just stupid. I mean, it IS just a tv show, it's not like they need to answer everything, they just need to tell a short 20 minutes story.

Apparently, Cadence was supposed to be just a unicorn, back when Lauren Faust was still involved in the show. I don't know what happened along the way, but I'd like to see the finale first before jumping to conclusions about her and Shining Armor for that matter, since people complained that he's Twilight's brother yet there has been no mention of him before now.

I trust the writers (except Merriweather Williams and Dave Polsky), and I'm sure they know what they're doing when Hasbro gives them a mandate like this, and expects them to create a story to help tie in the toys with the TV show.

Yeah the complaints about Cadence are fair. The only alicorns we've seen before is Celestia and Luna. Shining Armpr however doesn't deserve the same treatment though, we're not going to instantly know every one of the main character's family. Heck we still don't know anyone related to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy yet. For all we know they could have a brother or a sister too.

It might just be that Twilight is perceived more of being an only child, thus the existence of him comes as a surprise. But maybe Shining Armor moved on his own while Twilight was still really young.

Dr. Javelin said:
Perhaps you missed the thread he was referring to, in which I proposed an opposing but not evil opinion.

The bullying thread?

Uh, no. I didn't. That's what I was talking about.

I never said it was evil, it's just that it's an extremely simplistic and black-and-white view that anyone who's ever had problems with bullies will tell you just doesn't work.

Northern Verve said:
Guys. Guys. GUYS

133337537579.jpg

Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch is there!
132020079575.jpg

EDIT: Wait, where's Octavia? And why is Soarin's cutie mark the Wonderbolts logo? But most importantly, WHERE'S DERPY?

Pony4.png

Oh I'm sure we'll see Derpy. Just because all of those characters appeared doesn't mean that's all of the reapperences,

You know who else I know and glad is making a reappearence that isn't in the picture?

Twilight's Parents!

Dr. Javelin said:
*shrugs*

Worked perfectly fine for me.

Also, why are you still continuing this from, like, two pages ago...?

I only just then remembered that I had made a jab at you on this thread, thought "oh fuck, what if I started a flame war or something" and ran back to check your response.

Crocodile Dippy said:
So it turns out Gaben's a brony.

Figured you guys would be interested because everyone keeps telling me Team Fortress 2 is the game of choice for most My Little Pony fans.

I like sitting down and reading all the comment arguments on videos like those. Just because it's amusing to read some guy thinking he's better because he doesnt like a show about ponies. And then the bronies who defend it and show how dumb the other person is.

I like seeing jackasses being put in their place.

Also, it's nice seeing popular people admitting that their bronies. Shows that anybody can be one.

Salem State University is having a survey on the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fandom:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KVCWJBX

There's a lot of short-answer questions, but this is a really great opportunity to provide your own voice and offer unique insights into what makes this fandom tick. I filled it out. You should, too.

I feel lazy and stupid for not saving my answers. :?

Thanks for that. Also, here:

http://joestevensinc.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4us01u

Okay, Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie is actualyl Princess Celestia in disguise.
I KNEW IT

Back