Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Off topic, but who saw DJ PON3 in the commercial for the new internet site for the season finale?

Speaking of DJ P0N-3/Vinyl Scratch:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/04/vinyl-scratch-flash-version-eye-colors.html

DXhfV.png

vinyl+eye+color+3.PNG

1.png

HER EYES! :eek:

HER EYES AREN'T RED!
(too much?)

At least she's making a reappearance, but wait, all my favorites appeared in only one episode before. Will she still be my favorite?

The eyes might be just a placeholder. But I won't complain if we are shown her eyes and they are magenta. Seriously if anyone complains about that, they're no better then the Sonic fans who got upset because Sonic's eyes weren't black in Sonic 4.

Vocal Beat said:
HER EYES AREN'T RED!
(too much?)

At least she's making a reappearance, but wait, all my favorites appeared in only one episode before. Will she still be my favorite?
Well, that's a particular shade of red, but not the shade of red used by the fandom.

Here's that Phoenix Wright/FiM thing. If you have an hour and 40 minutes to spare. Go and see it.

"WHY DON'T THEY STOCK MORE PENS!?"

That was pretty good. I loved seeing Phoenix interact with the Ponies he didn't get to meet yet. And oh boy, was it Sonata who knocked him out in the forest? The Pony that was sneaking up behind him was dark grey. And that's the same color coat of Sonata's. I'm also quite interested to find out, if it was a trap set by her. How did she do the thing with the Cell Phone? Oh man I can't wait until Part 4 for the answer to this AND the ending.

On a lighter note, Rarity's rant on the Post Office Line was the funniest part of the whole video.

I watched that last night. It was pretty good.

I'm not really sure who did it, but maybe it was Sonata? And I thought his evidence was stolen in the forest, but he still had it when he talked to Sonata. Anyway, I'll be patiently waiting for what I'm assuming is a Twilight part. Oh, and was that Gilda at the end of the credits talking?

The Last Roundup is on today. Now we'll find out:

Did they change it on TV?

Or didn't they?

EDIT: They did. I don't mind much, though.

Magikrazy said:
The Last Roundup is on today. Now we'll find out:

Did they change it on TV?

Or didn't they?

EDIT: They did. I don't mind much, though.

Damn it. Maybe I should spend the day just focusing on Korra discussion for a little bit... Because if a Third shitstorm happens. Ugh. I don't even want to imagine it.

Da fuck, Hasbro.

I can deal with the new voice actor. I, believe it or not, actually like the new voice a little better.

I guess I can live through it without Derpy's name being mentioned It's not as if they renamed her or anything.

But underping the eyes should be a fucking federal offense.

The thing with the voice is that it seems there was no effort put into it. She did sound too "boyish" with her original voice, but if they were going to change it, at least just have Tabitha do it again.

Yeah, I would have liked Tabitha's "emotional Derpy" voice she used in her podcast. That's Derpy's canon voice to me.

As far as the change goes, I LIKE the change of the voice, the last one didn't work much at all, except for one or two lines. Everything else, yeah, I don't like it, but not because they changed it. Because they thought Derpy was offensive, and by changing it, they're basically saying the complainers were RIGHT, even though I don't think they were. It's all about double standards, and hiding the truth. By fixing Derpy's eyes, they're talking away what made her unique, and the fact that she has crossed eyes and a (nick)name "Derpy" and does klutzy things does NOT make her a mean, hurtful stereotype of "mentally disabled" people. The only people who would jump to that conclusion are people who actually THINK that's what mentally disabled people look and act like, and if anything, it means that THEIR thoughts are the really offensive ones.

But again, I don't want to seem like I'm all in rage over this, I'm just very disappointed in Hasbro AND The Hub for letting this happen. Personally, I blame the voice. I love Tabitha St. Germain to death, and I know that she had the purest intentions with the voice she chose, but I think it harms Derpy's reputation a LOT more than her eyes, name, and actions ever did. Because really, even though the person she based the voice on wasn't mentally challenged, THAT'S the kind of voice I think of when I think of stupid people. Just really slow and dim-sounding. Which is not at ALL how I imagined Derpy's voice sounded like. So while I was in full support of having her voice be different after that, everything else I didn't want, not because I don't like change, but because of the principle of the matter.

Smashgoom202 said:
As far as the change goes, I LIKE the change of the voice, the last one didn't work much at all, except for one or two lines. Everything else, yeah, I don't like it, but not because they changed it. Because they thought Derpy was offensive, and by changing it, they're basically saying the complainers were RIGHT, even though I don't think they were. It's all about double standards, and hiding the truth. By fixing Derpy's eyes, they're talking away what made her unique, and the fact that she has crossed eyes and a (nick)name "Derpy" and does klutzy things does NOT make her a mean, hurtful stereotype of "mentally disabled" people. The only people who would jump to that conclusion are people who actually THINK that's what mentally disabled people look and act like, and if anything, it means that THEIR thoughts are the really offensive ones.

But again, I don't want to seem like I'm all in rage over this, I'm just very disappointed in Hasbro AND The Hub for letting this happen. Personally, I blame the voice. I love Tabitha St. Germain to death, and I know that she had the purest intentions with the voice she chose, but I think it harms Derpy's reputation a LOT more than her eyes, name, and actions ever did. Because really, even though the person she based the voice on wasn't mentally challenged, THAT'S the kind of voice I think of when I think of stupid people. Just really slow and dim-sounding. Which is not at ALL how I imagined Derpy's voice sounded like. So while I was in full support of having her voice be different after that, everything else I didn't want, not because I don't like change, but because of the principle of the matter.

Didn't someone tell you to knock this off twenty pages ago or something

Turboo said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Didn't someone tell you to knock this off twenty pages ago or something
Well excuse me for not being able to summarize or squeeze my emotions and thoughts into something short, sweet, and hip. :mad:

Also, I'd accept "Ditzy Doo", with "Derpy" as a nickname friends give her. After all, "Hooves" isn't a very good last name in a universe like this... or any universe for that matter. After all, it's her eyes that are Derpy, not her hooves.

Toad85 said:
Also, isn't "Ditzy" kind of a synonym for "Derpy"?
Apparently not, because some people see the word "derp" as a synonym for "retarded"... Although when you think about it, "Ditzy" is pretty much a synonym for "scatter-brained" which is just as bad, if not worst.

Apparently Sethisto of Equestria Daily went to an event that specifcally celebrated the Royal Wedding Season Finale that included a party, meetings with people who are staff of the show including voice actors like Tara Strong. And games for any kids that happen to be there. Seth also got to see an early screening of the Season Finale. Here's what he said (Don't worry there's no spoilers):

Sethisto said:
I'm sure you are all curious about the actual screening of the episode though! For the sake of spoilers, the only thing I can say is that it is seriously the most epic two part we have received so far. Back to back, it feels like a Lion King style high budget Disney movie. I'm really glad we won't have to wait a week between the the two when they both air on the 21st. That's all I'm saying though! I almost recommend avoiding the bronynet entirely until it's out, this isn't something you want spoiled. We will not be reporting on any leaked episode content here on EQD until April 22nd's Episode Followup. (Officially released trailers and screenshots are fine though, of course.)

Source

Back