• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
'3K said:
Time travel hurts my brain so I will not bother trying to discuss it. Liked the episode, though.

Don't tell me there's never been a Time Travel-like plot in a Mega Man game. Not even a Time Man or something? xD

Northern Verve said:
I actually thought of the ending a little more. If Twilight had not gone back to warn her past self (As stupid it might of been), it wouldn't have created a stable time loop. Either all of Time and Space were going to go a ruckus, or there'd be 2 universes split off where one where she did warn herself and another where she didn't. And you know we can't get 2 shows about the events in each.

It's pure Fridge Brilliance.
Time travel is predictable like that, which is why I was able to see it coming.

It'd be interesting if you somehow COULD change the past by going back and doing it, like with Back to the Future, but the other most common one is the one done in this episode. This kind of makes moot the idea of using time travel in the future, because everything that's supposed to happen WILL happen, and everyone will just be along for the ride.

The build-up of this episode was super awesome. This episode was just awesome. I really enjoyed it. Twilight going back to warn past Twilight in the end, how did she not see that coming? xD I also loved that is was Pinkie who joined the trip to the archives with Twilight and Spike. The more Pinkie Pie in an episode, the better.

And yes, MLP uses an unchangable lineair timeline.

Mijzelffan said:
Twilight going back to warn past Twilight in the end, how did she not see that coming? xD
Twilight, if anything, is dedicated to being genre blind.

Hence why she keeps saying "things can't get any worse" RIGHT BEFORE things get worse.

Smashgoom202 said:
Mijzelffan said:
Twilight going back to warn past Twilight in the end, how did she not see that coming? xD
Twilight, if anything, id dedicated to being genre blind.

Hence why she keeps saying "things can't get any worse" RIGHT BEFORE things get worse.

Tara Strong's voiced plenty of characters who were Genre Blind at least a few times. It basically became the running gag for Timmy in Fairly Oddparents.

Not sure if this has been posted, but there is a new episode summary out.
Title: MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Air Date: April 7, 2012
Summary: A cake Pinkie Pie is guarding for a contest is ruined on the way to Canterlot and an investigation begins.

Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
Not sure if this has been posted, but there is a new episode summary out.
Title: MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Air Date: April 7, 2012
Summary: A cake Pinkie Pie is guarding for a contest is ruined on the way to Canterlot and an investigation begins.
Reminds me of this one episode of Adventure Time. I doubt this will be as funny as that, even WITH Pinkie Pie.

Wow, I haven't seen an episode in 3 weeks, I need to catch up.

*Avoiding spoilers*

EDIT: OK, I'm caught up now.

Also, Something I should have posted a while ago.

@SM- Yes, there was a Time Man.

Just finished watching the episode. It was awesome, one of the best I've seen in a while. Mostly because of Twilight. But one thing confuses me.

Future!Twi tells Present!Twi that the time-travel spells are kept in the Starswirl the Bearded section of the Canterlot Archives. Present!Twi uses this knowledge to sneak into the Archives and find the time travel spell. Then she goes back in time, and inadvertently tells Past!Twi about where the time-travel spells are kept.

Wait, so then how did Future!Twi figure out about the Canterlot Archives in the first place? Is there another Future!Twi? Is there like this stable time loop or something, similar to ectobiology in Homestuck? I don't get it.

Also, I hope Twilight keeps the new outfit. It looks badass.

Loganofan20 said:
@SM- Yes, there was a Time Man.

Just finished watching the episode. It was awesome, one of the best I've seen in a while. Mostly because of Twilight. But one thing confuses me.

Future!Twi tells Present!Twi that the time-travel spells are kept in the Starswirl the Bearded section of the Canterlot Archives. Present!Twi uses this knowledge to sneak into the Archives and find the time travel spell. Then she goes back in time, and inadvertently tells Past!Twi about where the time-travel spells are kept.

Wait, so then how did Future!Twi figure out about the Canterlot Archives in the first place? Is there another Future!Twi? Is there like this stable time loop or something, similar to ectobiology in Homestuck? I don't get it.

Also, I hope Twilight keeps the new outfit. It looks badass.

Yeah that is a tad confusing. But I think the point that there's supposed to be this stable time loop. We probably won't know how originally Twilight used it. But the first time around some similar events had to have happened that she warns herself about it but all it does is loop. It's probably for the better as doing something different might either cause a time paradox or will split off the timelines or however time works in the FiM universe. Either way, like they said at the end "It's past Twilight's problem now"

That's the thing with Stable Time Loops, things exist BECAUSE of the time loop, so the origin is... well, a mystery...

Same thing with the Bender Tattoo and the Time Sphere from the Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score, they suddenly existed BECAUSE of this sudden time loop that only appeared... because of the tattoo...

And in the Dexter's Laboratory movie, Ego Trip, Dexter only decides to go to thr future because of some robots that come to the past looking for "the ony who saved the future".
Long-story-short, Dee Dee was the one who did it, and Dexter and his future selves get angry and decide to build robots to beat her up... When Dexter returns to his time, he arrives JUST when he was fighting the robots, and realizes the time loop... but then decides to forget all that and make himself a sandwich.

That's pretty much my philosophy on the subject, think about it too much, and all you'll get is a headache.

PS

Anyone check out the new blind bag toys? Lyra and Trixie have been updated... And Sapphire Shores has been included, though looks nothing like her TV show counterpart (she's a unicorn for one).

I'm very curious on why some of the Main 6 are wearing Military stuff. I also can't wait for that episode to have Army Helmet Twilight in my Avatar (I could do it now sort of like '3K is, buuuuuuut.... nah)

'3K said:
so much preview

Spoilers or whatever, obviously

Looks like an interesting episode, but I noticed one thing.

WHERE THE HECK IS TWI'S EYEPATCH?

I mean, I get that she probably ditched the jumpsuit, fixed her hair, and waited for the scar and headbump to heal. But if you go blind in one eye, you're typically blind for life. And there's never been any implication that Twi or any doctors can heal a dead eye.

Loganofan20 said:
'3K said:
so much preview

I mean, I get that she probably ditched the jumpsuit, fixed her hair, and waited for the scar and headbump to heal. But if you go blind in one eye, you're typically blind for life. And there's never been any implication that Twi or any doctors can heal a dead eye.

I don't think they'd change the status quo of Twilight's physical traits like that. Also nothing said they don't have specialized doctor for healing eyes or something. If it was that serious, how do we know Twilight didn't just get the Pony equivalent of a Laser Surgery in between the last episode and the next.

Northern Verve said:
Loganofan20 said:
'3K said:
so much preview

I don't think they'd change the status quo of Twilight's physical traits like that. Also nothing said they don't have specialized doctor for healing eyes or something. If it was that serious, how do we know Twilight didn't just get the Pony equivalent of a Laser Surgery in between the last episode and the next.
I guess.

Back