Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:
Well I don't think it will be much. There will be a Present!Twilight and some sort of Future!Twilight. I'm willing to bet that the Future!Twilight is no more then a few days ahead of Present!Twi

Northern Verve said:
[..]Future Twi has messed up mane and tail [..] or even an injury of some sort[..]

I sooooooo called it

Also I don't know about you but Twilight with that eyepatch, scar, and ninja suit looks absolutely badass
You know what I hated the most? "You are not scientifically possible." So once again, they're making Twilight sort of a scientific straw pony in a world where MAGIC exists! I mean, seriously, she's trying to bring SCIENCE into this? That line makes no sense at all and had me slamming my head against the desk repeated times! Who the Hell WROTE that line?!

...But, yeah, everything else seems fine, next Tuesday morning must be rough for Twilight, and I THINK I can predict where this is going.

I'm really hyped up for it now. I'm certainly quite interested on what makes Future Twilight look like that. Probably not going to be something super serious as it will turn out. But something must of happened to mess up Twilight's Mane like that AND giver her a scar and a Ninja Suit.

Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:
Well I don't think it will be much. There will be a Present!Twilight and some sort of Future!Twilight. I'm willing to bet that the Future!Twilight is no more then a few days ahead of Present!Twi

Northern Verve said:
[..]Future Twi has messed up mane and tail [..] or even an injury of some sort[..]

I sooooooo called it

Also I don't know about you but Twilight with that eyepatch, scar, and ninja suit looks absolutely badass
You know what I hated the most? "You are not scientifically possible." So once again, they're making Twilight sort of a scientific straw pony in a world where MAGIC exists! I mean, seriously, she's trying to bring SCIENCE into this? That line makes no sense at all and had me slamming my head against the desk repeated times! Who the Hell WROTE that line?!

...But, yeah, everything else seems fine, next Tuesday morning must be rough for Twilight, and I THINK I can predict where this is going.
Don't forget that she holds the element of magic.

Drilbur said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:

I sooooooo called it

4f2d27b992a2a_tumblr_lvrp8bU9AV1qibz0jo1_500.png

Drilbur said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:

I sooooooo called it

...What the Hell is THAT supposed to mean? :???:

No, seriously, I "get" the idea that magic is it's own science to that, that I understand and can accept... But they never use the term "science" before. The only time they did was to basically make Twilight a straw pony by making flimsy arguments against the Pinkie Sense, and that was just dumb... As is this line from that clip.

I never saw the world "element" as being a specifically scientific term, is what I'm getting at.

Smashgoom202 said:

No, seriously, I "get" the idea that magic is it's own science to that, that I understand and can accept... But they never use the term "science" before. The only time they did was to basically make Twilight a straw pony by making flimsy arguments against the Pinkie Sense, and that was just dumb... As is this line from that clip.

I never saw the world "element" as being a specifically scientific term, is what I'm getting at.

Even so. It's just a small line that Twilight says in the middle. And at that second she didn't know Future Twi was well... from the Future. She wasn't questioning Time Travel at all. More so "how can there be 2 of me at the same time?". I know that you've had problem with that logic in the past as you've said about Feeling Pinkie Keen or even fan-favorite Bridle Gossip about Twilight not believing something in a world with Technicolor ponies and Magic. But that one line shouldn't ruin the clip and/or the episode because this time it's not taking a central part of the Plot like Pinkie Keen or Bridle Gossip because it's only one line that becomes irrelevant a second later.

Mason said:
She's a fucking moron. Why didn't she let her future self explain the message?

Well she was excited. And didn't get right away that her Future Self didn't have much time. Her curiosity took hold of her at that moment

Magic is compatible with science in this world. Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? She asked "how is that scientifically possible?" because it would be goofy to ask "how is that magically possible?" Science has its limits. Magic has its limits. End of story. Good day.

Northern Verve said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Even so. It's just a small line that Twilight says in the middle. And at that second she didn't know Future Twi was well... from the Future. She wasn't questioning Time Travel at all. More so "how can there be 2 of me at the same time?". I know that you've had problem with that logic in the past as you've said about Feeling Pinkie Keen or even fan-favorite Bridle Gossip about Twilight not believing something in a world with Technicolor ponies and Magic. But that one line shouldn't ruin the clip and/or the episode because this time it's not taking a central part of the Plot like Pinkie Keen or Bridle Gossip because it's only one line that becomes irrelevant a second later.
Well, is duplication really THAT far-fetched in a world where time travel and potion that repair chipped teeth in an instant? It's STILL a weird line, no matter how you look at it.

The rest of the clip, while I said was fine, really does seem obvious to me, but only because I'm so genre savvy. Twilight didn't get the full message from her Future counterpart, and now she's going to worry the whole episode about something bad that's going to happen, and overreact to it like she did with the whole "tardy" business, only to realize it was just a minor thing future Twilight was worried about, probably a very ironic thing that she ends up doing anyway BECAUSE she didn't hear Future Twilight's full warning and assumed the worst.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling that will be what happens. And since the clip is so "by the numbers", that line sticks out all the more to me.

But, you're right, it IS just one line, and I shouldn't be so uptight about it. Like I've said before, I have a tendency toward knee-jerk reactions, and this was one of them. Just wish they didn't use a line that sounded so weird...

Do remember, she was all hurt and everything. Eye patch and all that. So it was something major that happened. I know that there has been major destruction in MLP but I don't think that they'll go through with this; Twilight is probably going to remedy whatever happened.

Yeah the Eye Patch plus that scar on the cheek does seem like it'd be at least kinda serious. And again we don't know the context. What would drive Twilight to use such a spell to warn her past self? It can't be something TOO minor. But at the same time, I don't expect it to be as huge of a disaster that Twilight might expect.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Do remember, she was all hurt and everything. Eye patch and all that. So it was something major that happened.
Or she could have been hurt wondering what the big major thing was and she was going back in time to warn herself not to panic.

See? I know all these time travel cliches, so I'm pretty much prepared for anything they throw at me.

She went through all of the trouble to warn herself. Would she really have done that over something minor?

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
She went through all of the trouble to warn herself. Would she really have done that over something minor?
Well, it would make for a funny (yet somewhat been done) punchline. Hell, the thing she warns her about would be worrying about the future, which would make for yet another funny yet been done punchline.

Besides, she said she's from next Tuesday. Would a war or something MAJOR really happen all in just one episode? Just to return to the status quo for the next episode?

Wait a sec I just thought of something. With that Ninja Suit. What if Twilight tried to sneak into the Canterlot Archives (Where she said she learned the temporary Time Travel spell in the first place) and something there injured her?

Smashgoom202 said:
Drilbur said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:

Northern Verve said:

I sooooooo called it

Perhaps I put too much emphasis on the wrong word. I was trying to agree with you. You said that it's weird she would be disproving magic. I was saying "Plus, she symbolizes magic, making it even weirder.

Drilbur said:

Perhaps I put too much emphasis on the wrong word. I was trying to agree with you. You said that it's weird she would be disproving magic. I was saying "Plus, she symbolizes magic, making it even weirder.
[/quote]
Oh okay, sorry about the misunderstanding.

Back