Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.8%

• Total voters
I am of the opinion that "just for sidekicks" Is a great episode and really fun, although most of the fandom seems to disagree (or they outright dislike spike) I think the episode has great jokes, good pacing, pretty nice animation and camera angles and more.

NOTE: Most people say Rarity wasn't playing her element when giving spike the smallest jewel, but if you pay attention enough, you will see the writers aren't so silly! while other jewels got spent on buying relatively cheap stuff like train tickects, Rarity's jewel was spent on an industrial hair dryer effectively making it the most valuable one. (even though we don't know how much value the ones given to granny smith and the scouts have) some people will argue that it doesn't make much sense since spike gives it away first, but he's not thinking about value, he's thinking about getting his tummy full :p

Cheerilee said:
I am of the opinion that "just for sidekicks" Is a great episode and really fun, although most of the fandom seems to disagree (or they outright dislike spike) I think the episode has great jokes, good pacing, pretty nice animation and camera angles and more.

NOTE: Most people say Rarity wasn't playing her element when giving spike the smallest jewel, but if you pay attention enough, you will see the writers aren't so silly! while other jewels got spent on buying relatively cheap stuff like train tickects, Rarity's jewel was spent on an industrial hair dryer effectively making it the most valuable one. (even though we don't know how much value the ones given to granny smith and the scouts have) some people will argue that it doesn't make much sense since spike gives it away first, but he's not thinking about value, he's thinking about getting his tummy full :p

Oh I definitely liked Just For Sidekicks. I think it might just be the best Spike-centered episode. Knocking out the previous best Spike episode in my opinion: Secret of my Excess. Spike does happen to not get too much love compared to of course the Main 6 though. Part of it because most of his episodes never really truly show up as great. Owl's Well That Ends Well, Dragon Quest, and Spike at your Service I believe most people people considered duds compared to the episodes based around the Main 6. I do hold out that Secret of my Excess and Just For Sidekicks are good episodes. I actually thought Just For Sidekicks was overall a better episode then what's supposed to be the "other half" of the episode which was Games Ponies Play. Which is a surprise for me.

About the gem thing: how can gems be worth ANYTHING when anyone can find them just lying around underground in the outskirts of Ponyville? Not to mention, if they're so valuable, how come everyone's okay with Rarity putting them on dresses, or Hell, Spike EATING them?! To me, it just seems like Corey Powell just kind of assumed that Gems would be worth something and used that in this episode without considering the context of the series... Or Hell, even the episode itself.

Smashgoom202 said:
About the gem thing: how can gems be worth ANYTHING when anyone can find them just lying around underground in the outskirts of Ponyville? Not to mention, if they're so valuable, how come everyone's okay with Rarity putting them on dresses, or Hell, Spike EATING them?! To me, it just seems like Corey Powell just kind of assumed that Gems would be worth something and used that in this episode without considering the context of the series... Or Hell, even the episode itself.
Inflation in Equestria went down in that episode.

Smashgoom202 said:
Oh well, I was addresing the fan's conflict about Rarity's element in that episode, but about what you just said, I don't have any idea on what to even say xD

Theory post:

There's probably a certain gem to bit exchange rate. Maybe gems that are perfect on a microscopic level are worth more bits, while gems that just seem pretty would sell low in the bit market, making it acceptable to use them for things like clothing.

Speaking of MLP, I did this vid of Stimpy being a Brony:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Okg38oDyY3Q[/youtube]

Anyone see this yet? Normally this would be something for the Mindless Junk Pony thread. Buuuuuut, considering this video probably has some hints as to what to expect in Season 4. I think it's important enough to share here.

So there's a chance Twilight might need some flying lessons after all. Might be considered weird considering the ending of the previous episode. But hey. Maybe it's a case of being a timeskip and Twilight got to learn that particular flying route within that time, you can't just plan a coronation in one day/one week. You have invitations to send and everything. But yes, this could mean there's still hope for a Flying lesson episode of some sort ^^

Also love the contrast of Fluttershy and Rainbow's tips on having wings
Fluttershy = Gentle wing care :D
Rainbow Dash = 200 WING UPS >:D

The filly Celestia and Luna thing is interesting. Does this mean we'll see whether or not Celestia and Luna were born Alicorns or not. If they weren't. Oh boy, so much Fanon and Headcanon pillars are going to be utterly destroyed.

Northern Verve said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Okg38oDyY3Q[/youtube]

Anyone see this yet? Normally this would be something for the Mindless Junk Pony thread. Buuuuuut, considering this video probably has some hints as to what to expect in Season 4. I think it's important enough to share here.

So there's a chance Twilight might need some flying lessons after all. Might be considered weird considering the ending of the previous episode. But hey. Maybe it's a case of being a timeskip and Twilight got to learn that particular flying route within that time, you can't just plan a coronation in one day/one week. You have invitations to send and everything. But yes, this could mean there's still hope for a Flying lesson episode of some sort ^^

Also love the contrast of Fluttershy and Rainbow's tips on having wings
Fluttershy = Gentle wing care :D
Rainbow Dash = 200 WING UPS >:D

The filly Celestia and Luna thing is interesting. Does this mean we'll see whether or not Celestia and Luna were born Alicorns or not. If they weren't. Oh boy, so much Fanon and Headcanon pillars are going to be utterly destroyed.
Well, I was going to post this...

http://derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTMvMDQvMTMvMDJfMzVfNDNfMTk0XzI5NjI4NF9fVU5PUFRfX3NhZmVfdHdpbGlnaHRfc3BhcmtsZV9yYWluYm93X2Rhc2hfcGlua2llX3BpZV9yYXJpdHlfYXBwbGVqYWNrX2FuaW1hdGVkX3lvdXR1YmVfNTE2OGM0NzdhNGM3MmQ2ZjEwMDAwN2M4LmdpZiJdXQ/296284

But I guess that's already part of that hot minute... Is that really from season 4? If so...

Why is Twilight having such trouble flying when she had no such problems at the end of season 3?

I'm guessing that it's not official stuff, though I wouldn't put it past the show to pull something dumb like that.

I'm willing to let it slide if it means Twilight getting a flying lesson episode after all.. If I had to say one nitpick of the Finale although I loved it. I don't know why they had her fly at the end. Especially if her learning to fly was going to be a Season 4 episode.

I could argue that it was a case of "Flying's the easy part, landing's a whole other story". But either way, this is something I wouldn't actually mind seeing contradicted. Twi being taught by Rainbow and Fluttershy would make an awesome episode IMO

Northern Verve said:
Twi being taught by Rainbow and Fluttershy would make an awesome episode IMO
Fluttershy too? That would have the potential to be even more hilarious
(or maybe the 1st season 4 episode starts with Twi crashing right after she said "everything is going to be just fine" XD)

Well I finished the entire show today.

Now that i've seen all of them i'll go ahead and rank my top 10 favorite episodes.

1.A Canterlot Wedding(parts 1 and 2)
2.Friendship Is Magic9parts 1 and 2)
3.The Return of Harmony(parts 1 and 2)
4.Keep Calm and Flutter on
5.Magical Mystery Cure
6.It's About Time
7.The Cutie Mark Chronicles
8.Luna Eclipsed
9.Putting your Hoof down
10.Fall Weather Friends

I've noticed this year there's been alot more abundance of some pretty neat analytical videos regarding Friendship is Magic. And I love that. Just look at this video about the Elements of Harmony, the last 2-3 minutes alone blew my mind.

And also here's three different reviewers that cover the characterization. Which I believe is the absolute best part of the show and why I continue to be addicted to seeing every new episode on TV unlike most other shows out there.

This is now canon and I don't care what anyone says about it.

Also, if the ponies can turn into humans by going through the mirror, can the humans turn into ponies by going through the same mirror? :eek:

got about 7 seconds into the trailer and I can already tell that this is retarded beyond belief

I took a break from season 2 episode 3 and now I am watching it again. But episodes in French from 4 to 10 and maybe more are blocked in Youtube for copyright infringement. :(

Back