Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
I thought this episode was gonna suck. It was so super awesome. That song is probably my favourite song now.

The small jokes in this episode made it awesome. And the Flim Flam brothers. And that amazing song. And the hilarious dance that went with it.

Mijzelffan said:
I thought this episode was gonna suck. It was so super awesome. That song is probably my favourite song now.

The small jokes in this episode made it awesome. And the Flim Flam brothers. And that amazing song. And the hilarious dance that went with it.

You know what that whole song reminded me of?

So I've been rewatching episodes lately, and Big Mac actually said quite a bit in the beginning of Applebuck Season.

Yeah, it sucks that he doesn't get to talk as much anymore... then again, Lauren Faust always did see him as the sort of "stallion of little words", letting more of his immediate relatives (sisters and grandmother) do the talking. There was even a planned episode where they sort of abuse this trait with Big Mac, and he gets fed up with it, but it got rejected for some reason...

...BTW, look at what I just found!

http://ask-mjolna.tumblr.com/post/16649115547

:D

So overall has Applejack got any better to you guys?

Based on the 2 episodes. I think she has improved in my mind. But considering my stance is Twilight and every one else in the Main 6 is tied for 2nd she hasn't really grown all that much.

She had a stubborn side in The Last Roundup that kind of brought back why she was on the bottom of the lists for sometime. But considering the pressure she went under at the beginning of this episode. And you add this episode where overall Applejack showed her best qualities in my opinion I think the past 2 episodes were a success for Applejack. It overall did better for Applejack then the Double Rainbow Dash episodes did for Rainbow. It's probably not enough to put AJ suddenly as one of the top-tier in popularity compared to say... Fluttershy. But these 2 episodes were necessary in order for Applejack to finally get some good screentime other then the supporting roles she's got in most of Season 2.

Northern Verve said:
Oddly, this episode made me like Applejack and Big Mac more than Apple Bloom and Granny Smith. Usually I only like the latter two but now I'm having second thoughts. I think it was careless for them to gamble the farm.

Mason said:
Northern Verve said:
Oddly, this episode made me like Applejack and Big Mac more than Apple Bloom and Granny Smith. Usually I only like the latter two but now I'm having second thoughts. I think it was careless for them to gamble the farm.

Yeah before this episode aired I was worried Applejack was going to blindly rush into agreeing to the bet. Instead it's Granny Smith and Applebloom that head into it. And Applejack just gives this OH SHIT expression.

Well, this episode was alright. I didn't quite like it as much as some others, but it was still pretty good. Also, Derpy went back to her usual role in this episode, so that's ok.

It made me like her better. But my list doesn't really change because I only have preference for the top two. After that they're all awesome anyway.

And the Flim Flam Brothers should totally go on iTunes.

Alternative ending to the episode:

1K5Up.jpg

Northern Verve said:

Not much. I'm still kinda neutral to her. But Flim and Flam are now two of my favourite ponies ever.

When they said that they didn't care if the whole kingdom of Camelot helped, I kind of thought that Celestia might personally help out.

Discord said:
When they said that they didn't care if the whole kingdom of Camelot helped, I kind of thought that Celestia might personally help out.
It's "Canterlot", but whatever.

THAT would have been something, wouldn't it? The actual ruler of Equestria steps in and favors the Apple family over those two and their new-fangled cider-making machine...

Discord said:
Devil Jin said:
yeah, i was thinking it'd just transition and they'd all be there and be like "Problem?"
Smashgoom202 said:
It's "Canterlot", but whatever.

THAT would have been something, wouldn't it? The actual ruler of Equestria steps in and favors the Apple family over those two and their new-fangled cider-making machine...

120667%20-%20artist%3Akyuubidreams%20big_macintosh%20celestia%20Flam%20Flim%20flim_flam_brothers%20luna%20rainbow_dash%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

I said this already (On chat). They would have a harder time moving the cups if they're like those dixie cups. Not everyone's a Unicorn that can simply float them. The mugs they provided were just large enough for them to put their whole hoof into the handle.

Northern Verve said:
I said this already (On chat). They would have a harder time moving the cups if they're like those dixie cups. Not everyone's a Unicorn that can simply float them. The mugs they provided were just large enough for them to put their whole hoof into the handle.
I don't buy that -- there are many ways around it. Do they have hard time lifting other small objects?

Besides, they were drinking from MUGS with HANDLES. Ponies don't have fingers.

Mason said:
Northern Verve said:
I don't buy that -- there are many ways around it. Do they have hard time lifting other small objects?

Well despite this being a cartoon. We do see the Ponies use their mouths, backs (Both through saddles and not) and occasionally their tails to carry something more so then actually using their hooves to hold something unless it's used for Rule of Funny. One exception maybe when Applejack is somehow holding on to Twilight in the 2nd part of the pilot. But that's one of the only major times they forget that.

Also I know you said Straws at one point. But they still need to carry it at some point. Or else they'd be holding up a line.

carcinoGeneticist said:
Mason said:
Northern Verve said:

Per this.

KrJx2.png

Look at this image and tell me with a straight face that it's safe to make assumptions about what they are and are not capable of doing with their hooves.

0:04

Northern Verve said:
Well despite this being a cartoon. We do see the Ponies use their mouths, backs (Both through saddles and not) and occasionally their tails to carry something more so then actually using their hooves to hold something unless it's used for Rule of Funny. One exception maybe when Applejack is somehow holding on to Twilight in the 2nd part of the pilot. But that's one of the only major times they forget that.

Also I know you said Straws at one point. But they still need to carry it at some point. Or else they'd be holding up a line.
When it's convenient, they'll use their mouths, backs, or tails.

VrLeU.png
(kudos Crash)

If you still don't agree with my that it's possible for somepony on that show to hold a Dixie cup, we'll have to agree to disagree. (Also, come to think of it, I've held the edge of a full Dixie cup with my mouth before.)

Back