Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Jesus Christ, another Rainbow Dash episode? Seriously, what the hell? Where's the Fluttershy episode? Everyone else has already gotten one this season.

On the subject of the episode, I liked it, but I definitely wouldn't call it my favorite (that goes to Secret of My Excess, so far).

Also, this may be just me, but making Derpy talk kinda ruined her, um, "character" for me. It may just be me though, like I said.

I'm willing to bet the whole Derpy thing is just a one-off thing. And Derpy will be back to the Where's Waldo role she was being in most of early Season 2. Sort of like how other popular background Ponies had been voiced once before like Carrot Top, Bon-Bon, and Dr. Whooves.

Though probably unlike the others she won't have a different voice if she speaks again. Especially since the person who voiced her (Same person as Rarity, Luna, Granny Smith, etc.) does quite a bit of work anyway.

I don't see how much it ruins her (She just got a few lines and was shown to be a little clumsy. I kinda pictured her as a little clumsy anyhow and nothing really pointed to her being outright stupid) but I can understand the sentiment.

It's like with Princess Luna, there wasn't really much to "ruin", you know? :-\

Edit of epic proportions:

117983%20-%20derpy_hooves%20meta%20Ponychan.png
No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This was EXACTLY what I was trying to prevent! Unfortunately, I only know how to contact animators of the show, not the actual writers...

118015%20-%20derpy_hooves%20meta.png
This. 100% this. :mad:

I just want to say, that the bronies sending messages in was a good thing. More as a warning then a complaint. If viewers complain about the show now, it may detrimentally affect the show's future. If Hasbro were to see this happening again, the writers responsible could be fired. I'm glad the writers apologized, because Hasbro knows this show is successful, and shouldn't mind if it only happens once. If anything the bronies that sent in messages have helped the writers, so stop complaining.

Just a discussion Nabber, MarioMaster, and I had in #ultramariochat about how we can relate to the mane cast.

http://pastebin.com/z9XZPJ2a

On the subject of "Ditzy" vs. "Derpy", I came across this on another forum I go to...

albinotanuki said:
Personally, I think the term "ditzy" is more offensive than "derpy". Someone who's a "ditz" is usually considered an airhead who only cares about the superficial things in life while someone who's a "derp" messes things up, but can still be intelligent and is goodhearted enough that when people laugh, they laugh WITH the derp instead of AT the derp.
MaybeI should put it in Laymen's Terms so people can better understand the difference between a "ditz" and a "derp".

Ditz:
sarah-palin-1-sized.jpg

Derp:
50283_331260143832_5042202_n.jpg

Which would you rather be?

...Yeah, who WOULD you rather be? :???:

Personally, I'd kinda like to stray away from that kinda discussion when it comes to Derpy. We have another Applejack episode to look forward to this week. I'm hoping for that if the title of the episode is referring to a machine. That some sort of allegory to the old American Folktale John Henry (A story about a man who challenged a machine to a railroad making contest and wins). Though of course it won't end exactly like the Folktale since in the story John dies from exhaustion right after. Applejack would probably be just really, really tired after beating the Cider making machine made by the Flim-Flam Brothers.

They might not do a reference to John Henry at all, but I think based on Applejack's hardworking tendencies plus the antagonists and what the competition is for (The whole farm's pretty important. And not just to the Apple family living there). Plus it'd be a pretty neat reference.

The plot itself is already a reference to John Henry. Though I highly doubt they'll follow the story exactly.

I'm also curious to see how this story folds out. Like some of the previous episodes, even though I KNEW what was going to happen, seeing how they set it up was a real treat. :D

I just got around to watching the last two episodes of the so-called "Spike-a-thon". I really loved those last two. The first one was called Dragonshy, which I had a feeling that it would have Fluttershy in it, and my suspiscions were correct. So it was my first time seeing an in-depth look at Fluttershy's character. The second was called The Excess of My Success. Mythology-wise, this episode was genius. If Spike has the genes of a typical Western Dragon, then it just natural that he too would have a hoarding instinct. And the plot was something completely unexpected.

I also will miss the new episode again. I have to go away on Saturday at the same time, going to the same town, competing with the same school, except this time, it's for Acedemic Team. Oh well, my useless knowledge really comes in handy for these competitions. Hey, does anyone know the word for the act of throwing somebody out of window. Not many besides me do.

DragonFreak said:
I just got around to watching the last two episodes of the so-called "Spike-a-thon". I really loved those last two. The first one was called Dragonshy, which I had a feeling that it would have Fluttershy in it, and my suspiscions were correct. So it was my first time seeing an in-depth look at Fluttershy's character. The second was called The Excess of My Success. Mythology-wise, this episode was genius. If Spike has the genes of a typical Western Dragon, then it just natural that he too would have a hoarding instinct. And the plot was something completely unexpected.

I also will miss the new episode again. I have to go away on Saturday at the same time, going to the same town, competing with the same school, except this time, it's for Acedemic Team. Oh well, my useless knowledge really comes in handy for these competitions. Hey, does anyone know the word for the act of throwing somebody out of window. Not many besides me do.

*coughfailedattemptatbraggingandmakingpeoplejealouscough*

I liked the episode with Spike growing up.

Devil Jin said:
DragonFreak said:

*coughfailedattemptatbraggingandmakingpeoplejealouscough*

I liked the episode with Spike growing up.
Yeah I fail at everything. Also I just noticed with the latter episode I mentioned that at least two people have a scene that came from that episode.

Back