Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Honestly it's not that big of a deal to research all that. It is a bit strange but it gained a fandom just like any other popular cartoon. If you don't like all the attention it gets, try your best to ignore it.

EDIT: Relevent

44462%20-%20advice_meme%20advice_pony%20filly%20pinkie_pie%20the_truth.png

Freaky Fred said:
I have just come up with a conspiracy theory about this whole phenomenon, but right now it is too disorganized to be worth sharing. Also, I have not done deep enough research anyway.

My Little Pony had a cult following before Friendship is Magic, but it was so much more obscure. Also, isn't Lauren Faust feminist? That makes me especially suspicious...

All of this is driving me insane.
Even I haven't gone far enough to call MLP a conspiracy theory. I mean, unless they are brainwashing people through the TV or Internet, that just doesn't sound possible.

Anyone wanna talk Season 2?

From what we've officially seen through snippets or official statements, we know that, for instance, Episode 6 (or 32, I guess) will involve Spike holding and Twilight reading a book. :P

Also, Derpy will be deliberately placed in episodes for viewers to find in the background.

Yeah. Can't wait for Season 2.

A fact that was just recently revealed (Though if any of you aren't into the songs, this is bad news for you :S) that there will be no less then 11 songs but no more then 19 in Season 2.

And yeah the Derpy basically being our purposeful Where's Waldo will be awesome. I just hope that during this month or in early September we get a date on when Season 2 will begin.

Well, "song" can be a little vague. Obviously things like "Art of the Dress" or "Winter Wrap Up" count as songs, but does it apply to, say, this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBGwYTHLphc (Ehh, probably not).

Sweet, there's a thread for this awesome show. ;D

I got into MLP:FiM in June, after being linked the show by my brony friend on another forum.

Rarity is best pony.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Sweet, there's a thread for this awesome show. ;D

I got into MLP:FiM in June, after being linked the show by my brony friend on another forum.

Rarity is best pony.

Awesome, great to have you here.

This thread isn't very active right now (It was most active during a little.... predicament with Dr. Javelin in this thread) but I think this thread will be great as soon as Season 2's premiere is announced.

Gary Oak said:
What channel is this show on? Like Nickelodeon or something like that?

It's on The Hub. You may not have it exactly.

For now though the episodes are and will always be on Youtube. (Bless Hasbro for allowing that)

Northern Verve said:
Gary Oak said:

For now though the episodes are and will always be on Youtube. (Bless Hasbro for allowing that)
I think I may have heard of the Hub before, but I don't know what # the channel is :P
Well thank you for your help. Maybe I'll check out some episodes and see what the show is like.

Gary Oak said:
Northern Verve said:
Gary Oak said:

I think I may have heard of the Hub before, but I don't know what # the channel is :P
Well thank you for your help. Maybe I'll check out some episodes and see what the show is like.

Your welcome. Though I would really suggest you get a good start on it with Youtube. See the Pilot to get a little understanding of the characters first, see the first episode. If you liked it in anyway see the 2nd one and then decide from there how you want to view the rest (There's no really important continuity after the first 2 though some episodes like the last one are enhanced after seeing more before it)

EDIT: Kinda important too because for some episodes if you just jump in with no prior knowledge of the characters you may be incredibly confused and the episode might not be too enjoyable then potentially ruining it for you.

Northern Verve said:
Gary Oak said:
Northern Verve said:
Gary Oak said:

Your welcome. Though I would really suggest you get a good start on it with Youtube. See the Pilot to get a little understanding of the characters first, see the first episode. If you liked it in anyway see the 2nd one and then decide from there how you want to view the rest (There's no really important continuity after the first 2 though some episodes like the last one are enhanced after seeing more before it)

EDIT: Kinda important too because for some episodes if you just jump in with no prior knowledge of the characters you may be incredibly confused and the episode might not be too enjoyable then potentially ruining it for you.
Why thank you :) I'll be sure to check out the episodes, then I'll let you know!

I like it when people are at least willing to watch it first before just screaming "BLEHH THIS SHOW SUCKS THERE'S NO REASON FOR GUYS TO BE WATCHING IT WAAAHHH".

Speaking of which, some troll masquerading as Hasbro is getting episodes deleted on YouTube.

Super WaluigiWare said:
I like it when people are at least willing to watch it first before just screaming "BLEHH THIS SHOW SUCKS THERE'S NO REASON FOR GUYS TO BE WATCHING IT WAAAHHH".

Speaking of which, some troll masquerading as Hasbro is getting episodes deleted on YouTube.

That's happened multiple times. Each usally only affected one particular Channel. There's still Masterlinkx, Angrytigerp, and PensivePony. There's probably also others who uploaded the episodes in a worst-case scenario in which multiple channels are attacked.

And yeah I kinda like that too. Javelin said he tried it... even if somehow he didn't see the appeal and stuff. People have their unpopular opinions though and haters are going to hate so as long as most of time people are willing to accept eachother's likes and dislikes it's going to be ok.

Northern Verve said:
There's still Masterlinkx, Angrytigerp, and PensivePony.
Videos are disappearing on MAST3RLINKX's channel too.

People will always be uploading episodes so there's no real threat, but still.

Northern Verve said:

One thing to note: The first 2 episodes are more like Sailor Moon with ponies, while the rest are more slice-of-life character episodes (though there are a couple adventure-style episodes, it's still mostly comedy)

Northern Verve said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

That's happened multiple times. Each usally only affected one particular Channel. There's still Masterlinkx, Angrytigerp, and PensivePony. There's probably also others who uploaded the episodes in a worst-case scenario in which multiple channels are attacked.

And yeah I kinda like that too. Javelin said he tried it... even if somehow he didn't see the appeal and stuff. People have their unpopular opinions though and haters are going to hate so as long as most of time people are willing to accept eachother's likes and dislikes it's going to be ok.
I already said I will tolerate your opinions, you can stop referring to me like the Big Bad Wolf or something.

Snowstalker said:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/rumor-season-two-potentially-next-month.html#comments

Yeah this is great. If the full rumor is true, there's only one month left until Season 2 officially starts.

Also the plot of the first episode was also confirmed. It seems likely that Season 2 will start in similar style to Season 1 with an Adventure-like plot.

Oh come one Lario, you of all people don't like ponies? What is the world coming to?

Why do they have to "track down" the Elements of Harmony? Aren't the Elements of Harmony... THEM?

Or is that actually referring to the necklaces? Even if that's the case, why don't they still have them?

Super WaluigiWare said:
Why do they have to "track down" the Elements of Harmony? Aren't the Elements of Harmony... THEM?

Or is that actually referring to the necklaces? Even if that's the case, why don't they still have them?

Well we'll have to find out when it airs. Though if they have to track it down, my first thought is that the necklaces was behind the door that Celestia opened up in the Fall Hub Commercial. Guess that would be debunked then.

It should be expected to be better then the last 2-parter (The Pilot). After seeing all the episodes it's kinda easy to see the Pilot isn't exactly the strongest episode in Season 1, but with a little more experience this could be potentially epic.

Herr Shyguy said:
Oh come one Lario, you of all people don't like ponies? What is the world coming to?

i must protect the internets. this is the biggest threat excluding censorship.

Back