Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Yeah considering how at the end Celestia was lamenting how you should always trust your instincts. That's something you should know after who knows how many years of ruling Equestria. And the fact that she didn't know her own (daughter?) from a doppelgänger really saddens me.

Nabber said:
Yeah considering how at the end Celestia was lamenting how you should always trust your instincts. That's something you should know after who knows how many years of ruling Equestria. And the fact that she didn't know her own (daughter?) from a doppelgänger really saddens me.
Niece.

Anyway, we won't have any episodes to talk about for a while.

What shall we talk about?

A. Our favorite, least favorite, happiest, saddest, scariest, funniest moments from the show.
B. Make guesses about the show.
C. Predict about the next season.
D. Talk about the fan games.
E. All of the above.
F. Something else.
G. Nothing and just let this topic rot until someone bumps it when the 3rd season starts.

Magikrazy said:
Nabber said:
On, that reminds me. Why were the CMC at the wedding and how did they get there?
Maybe they were invited and Celestia wanted them to be the flower fillies.
We didn't see them get an invitation.
QuizmoManiac said:
Nabber said:
On, that reminds me. Why were the CMC at the wedding and how did they get there?
The probably took the train.
They weren't there when they were going to Canterlot.

In fact, the only reason Twilight's friends were invited was because they were skilled in their occupations. Neither Shining nor Cadence even know the CMC.

I gotta say. After rewatching it. The Season 2 Finale just became my favorite thing about Season 2. Perhaps even one of my favorite things of the entire show. It was just so awesome. Really seeing Filly Twilight again was enough to make it great (Wanna get on my good side? Show me Filly Twilight :3). But then the whole sequence with Twilight's accusation, the dramatic Cliffhangar, and the entire Cave Scene plus the This Day Aria scene.

I'm currently making a Rotating Avatar JUST for the amount of Twilight Awesomeness in the Finale x3

Looking back on it, Imposter Cadence was kinda being even bigger of a jerk than she needed to be.

I personally liked the second part better. I hated Twilight getting kicked out by Princess Celestia and the others without even thinking about what Twilight said. I did like the rest of it, though.

I could have sworn I've heard Shining Armor's voice before.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. It's Braeburn.

Magikrazy said:
I personally liked the second part better. I hated Twilight getting kicked out by Princess Celestia and the others without even thinking about what Twilight said. I did like the rest of it, though.

Yeah that was sad. But it added plenty of emotion to the 2-Parter and it ended with the most dramatic cliffhanger the show has ever had. I love both parts equally.

Yeah, I'm posting a long post right now. I have a lot of stuff to say. Don't like it it? Don't read it. Seriously. :-\

So my plans for this weekend didn't go as planned. :mad:

See, I was going to this convention (I got a MLP:FiM poster, commissioned a picture with Fluttershy in it, and went to a MLP panel where BroNY Con people attended, Hell, the VIP relations guy even WENT to the college the convention took place, RIT in Rochester, NY! But, um, anyway, I was at this convention) and I planned to go home and watch the season 2 finale premiere as it aired, so that my viewing will count towards the ratings and such, but this FREAKING LINE for this one signing session I wanted to attend was so long that I was there for an hour an STILL didn't get in! And by that point, it was far too late to watch the actual premiere...

So I just finished watching it with my mom and...
Sethiso was right, it was very Disney-esque.

If anything, I felt extremely bad for Twilight, if only because she's used to being proven wrong almost on a regular basis, and while she DID go overboard proclaiming Cadence evil... But still, the scene immediately after that was so freaking sad! :cry:

I also liked getting insight on Twilight's past. Shining Armor is a cool big brother, and Cadence, the real one, is so sweet and nice. Great new characters, although I'm still wondering why they bothered to make Cadence an Alicorn... Oh yeah... for that one flying scene and... Well, this:

Um, yeah, so, anyway, what else... The songs were great, and there were so many of them! Twilight getting her own song was awesome, and the scene where the Queen of the Changelings was singing about "her" wedding was VERY reminiscent of a particular scene from Disney's The Little Mermaid:

The Queen Changeling, now there's something interesting. While not QUITE as interesting as Nightmare Moon or Discord, so gets props for not being 100% defeated at the end, so there's a chance she'll return. I have to admit, I thought it was INCREDIBLY stupid and *bleep*y to say Cadence's love won't do anything, when she, herself, is relying on the love Shining Armor has for her to make herself stronger. Did anyone else notice that?

Let's see, what else... OH, Lyra spoke! Colgate, too! But... whatever happened to them after Cadence distracted them? How did they get back out? Eh, guess the same was Twilight and Cadence did.

I loved seeing Luna in both part 1 and part 2, even though she didn't do anything, it's GREAT to see that she's at least acknowledged. Also, it's apparent that she only comes out during the night, though I have to wonder what she does all day...

The actual wedding... Was spoiled weeks in advance. Yeah, pretty much the happy ending was given away, but then again that's a good thing, because it makes us wonder how we'll reach this happy ending!

I thought it was funny, when the Changeling Queen revealed herself, my mom and I were both wondering where Celestia is and why she wasn't doing anything... And then she shows up! And actually DOES something! THAT, was the biggest twist in the entire two-parter.

So the lesson that Twilight she trust her instincts, even when no one believes you, is a very good lesson, but like I said, the rest of the series seems content in continuously proving that Twilight isn't always right. Mixed messaging? Probably not, but still, something to think about.

Vinyl Scratch, shows up but doesn't get a line. The fact that she showed up again shows just how popular she is with the fans!

I REALLY flipped out when I saw Sibsy's pony-sona in the finale, I even pointed it out to my mom, who of course didn't understand at first.

I think that's everything I wanted to cover that I wanted to talk about... It certainly felt epic, and I DID love it.
And now... a whole summer with no new ponies... :(

Smashgoom said:
Why did they bother to make Cadence an alicorn?
To sell toys.
Hey, I just realized, all of the pink Celestia toys now look sorta like Cadence.

I just realized that I saw a (German) MLP comic that mentions a Princess Cadence.

131034%20-%20applejack%20Cadence%20celestia%20comic%20costume%20Dewdrop_Dazzle%20fluttershy%20HasbrOC%20king_zebra%20luna%20oc%20parody%20pimp_hat%20pinkie_pie%20pinklestia%20prince_blueblood%20rainbow_dash%20scootaloo%20spike%20Terry%20translation%20twilight_sparkle%20Yellowstar%20zecora.png

This was quite a while back, too. Now I wonder if a King Zebra will be introduced soon.

Northern Verve said:
^
Uh, I don't think that was a real comic
Even if it wasn't, I saw this way before I heard of the plot of the season finale.

It strangly also has somewhat of a similar plot (a wedding gone wrong until the bride is saved and the villain stopped).

Magikrazy said:
Smashgoom said:
Well, Cadence's mother's (or father's) sisters are alicorns. That makes sense, right?
All we know is that Cadence is Celestia's niece. Blueblood was Celestia's nephew, but HE wasn't an alicorn.

QuizmoManiac said:
Smashgoom said:
To sell toys.
Hey, I just realized, all of the pink Celestia toys now look sorta like Cadence.
Hence why I posted this video:

Smashgoom202 said:
Magikrazy said:
Smashgoom said:
Well, Cadence's mother's (or father's) sisters are alicorns. That makes sense, right?
All we know is that Cadence is Celestia's niece. Blueblood was Celestia's nephew, but HE wasn't an alicorn.

Lauren Faust said:
[Blueblood's] the great great great great great great great great great great great (and probably even more greats) nephew on Celestia's and Luna's mother's side, about 52 times removed, roughly speaking. ... Luna and Celestia have no siblings and no children. ...
It's probably the same with Cadance.

Nabber said:
In fact, the only reason Twilight's friends were invited was because they were skilled in their occupations. Neither Shining nor Cadence even know the CMC.

I think they should've shown each and every pony at the wedding receive their invite, and spend at least five minutes showing their relationship with the bride and groom.

Anyway, regarding the episode:

Not bad, not too big on the songs except for the second one. The fight scene may have been my favorite part.

I thought Luna was gonna bust through the window and distract the Queen when the main six were captured, shame she didn't have a bigger role.

Probably not my favorite episode of season 2, but good nonetheless.

Back