• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
I just watched it.

The first part was pretty meh IMO. The second part was fantastic. The queen of the changelings is probably my favorite villain now, and I really like the scene with all the changelings transforming into copies of the mane six. It was also nice seeing Luna and Vinyl Scratch again. Definitely one of my favorite episodes now.

Can't wait for season 3.

yes SM filly Twi was pretty cool don't worry :P

Most likely.

Smasher said:
yes SM filly Twi was pretty cool don't worry :P

It's not a huge problem. It's just I loved the first part just about as much as the second one. You can call it bias because Twilight's my favorite pony and all. But it was just wonderful for me throughout the whole thing.

Filly Twi, Her relationship with her brother and Cadence (The real cadence via the flashbacks), Twilight's spying, the cliffhanger at the end, etc.

Nabber said:
Am I the only one who didn't like the Queen?

Yes, Yes you are. (Kidding of course, there's probably some people who didn't like her. If Discord is still #1 though, she is for sure #2 villain of this show.)

My main problem with her is that... she just didn't do anything new. I've seen people like her all the time - speaking in a huge voice, explaining the evil plan, this-can't-possibly-fail attitude...

Nabber said:
My main problem with her is that... she just didn't do anything new. I've seen people like her all the time - speaking in a huge voice, explaining the evil plan, this-can't-possibly-fail attitude...

I suppose. But the Queen was the closest FiM ever got to a Disney Villain type of thing. Other Bronies have even compared her to Ursula of The Little Mermaid. And I've seen fan art of her in a pose like Scar during "Be Prepared" of Lion King (Coincidence that her magic color was green?)

I wasn't too big on the queen either, but to be fair, I haven't really been too crazy about any of the antagonists, except maybe Iron Will (if you can even consider him one).

Iron Will was pretty cool. Shame that we didn't really see much of him.

Now his goats are plain beast.

Hey guys, I was just reminded of this: see, this hadn't occurred to me until I was in bed the night I saw the season finale, even though I thought it was obvious... What do I mean? Well, luckily, I managed to find just the video to explain what I mean:

...Ironically, Queen Chrysalis was defeated by the very thing her kind feeds off of.

I noticed that Queen Chrysalis said "Equestria has more love than any place I've ever encountered." So there's places other than Equestria? Has this been hinted in previous episodes?

Well, given that there were actually ponies who moved/migrated over to Equestria to begin with, as seen in Hearth's Warming Eve, I think that's kind of a given. Although I don't know if they'll actually explore what other countries there might be.

Smashgoom202 said:
Well, given that there were actually ponies who moved/migrated over to Equestria to begin with, as seen in Hearth's Warming Eve, I think that's kind of a given.
Doh, I forgot about that.

The only problem I had with the queen, is that she just came out of nowhere. No real backstory there. It was supposed to be surprising, but its kind of like what happened in that Yugioh movie, the 3D one. The bad guy wore a mask and he revealed his face and he was just some random villain that nobodies heard of. Same thing here.

But yeah, that's just my problem with it. You can yell at me for having my opinion now.

Vocal Beat said:
I noticed that Queen Chrysalis said "Equestria has more love than any place I've ever encountered." So there's places other than Equestria? Has this been hinted in previous episodes?
I thought that she said in Canterlot?

Vocal Beat said:

Well, one Place couldn't make up an entire planet. So there's obviously other places that nobody should care about, since its all set in equestria.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Vocal Beat said:

Well, one Place couldn't make up an entire planet. So there's obviously other places that nobody should care about, since its all set in equestria.

There has been debate if Equestria is the whole planet, a country, a continent, etc. From what the Queen implies. It's closer to a country. And no other place in the world is exactly as happy as Equestria is.

The only problem I had with the queen, is that she just came out of nowhere. No real backstory there. It was supposed to be surprising, but its kind of like what happened in that Yugioh movie, the 3D one. The bad guy wore a mask and he revealed his face and he was just some random villain that nobodies heard of. Same thing here.

But yeah, that's just my problem with it. You can yell at me for having my opinion now.
Well, except there, there was LITERALLY no point in wearing the mask, whereas here, she disguised herself to trick everyone into believing she was Cadence.

As to more backstory, I don't know WHAT they could have added to make it better WITHOUT dragging it out. We ARE talking about a two-part TV show, not a movie, so it's understandable that they had to cut some things out to make it all fit, but Chrysalis basically told us everything we needed to know; she's the Queen of a species of Changelings who feed off of love, so she disguised herself as Cadence so as to feed off of Shining Armor's love. Setting up who she was beforehand would have taken away the effect of the dramatic reveal, so...

Yeah, what exactly were you looking for? I'm not yelling at you, not at all, you're free to have your opinion, but I just want to understand where you're coming from. Not everyone who offers a counterargument is attacking you.

Although on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised you feel that way.

Yeah I'm actually glad the villain was kept as a surprise. In ALL the promos for the episode. It was literally always pictures fom some normal wedding moments in Part 1 and the very ending of Part 2 at the reception. Leading some to believe that it would simply be just a simple wedding 2-Parter with the possibility that the "Dark secret" wasn't going to be really that bad.

We should cherish the times that the show does manage to keep a big surprise. Because no fan of the show ever could of predicted what actually happened. It totally would of ruined the surprise of the episode if beforehand in the previews or even a commercial we got a glimpse of the Queen of the Changeling's real form.

Smashgoom202 said:

Well, except there, there was LITERALLY no point in wearing the mask, whereas here, she disguised herself to trick everyone into believing she was Cadence.

As to more backstory, I don't know WHAT they could have added to make it better WITHOUT dragging it out. We ARE talking about a two-part TV show, not a movie, so it's understandable that they had to cut some things out to make it all fit, but Chrysalis basically told us everything we needed to know; she's the Queen of a species of Changelings who feed off of love, so she disguised herself as Cadence so as to feed off of Shining Armor's love. Setting up who she was beforehand would have taken away the effect of the dramatic reveal, so...

Yeah, what exactly were you looking for? I'm not yelling at you, not at all, you're free to have your opinion, but I just want to understand where you're coming from. Not everyone who offers a counterargument is attacking you.

Although on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised you feel that way.

Okay, here's my reasoning. Nightmare Moon, we had a little backstory beforehand. Discord, had some backstory beforehand. Queen, popped out of nowhere.

Honestly, she might be a good Villian but I just didn't feel like she was very... Important.

Yeah I mean we all understand that Nightmare Moon used to rule Equestria with Celestia. Together they had defeated the previous ruler Discord.

But Chrysilia or whatever? Who in the hey is that?

Queen Chrysalis was searching the world(?) for love to feed off of, and it seemed Celestia knew she was coming (reason for force field). But I do wonder how she knew about the underground caves, has she been to Canterlot before?

Although Celestia has been around for a really long time. It really seems that everyone, even Celestia doesn't know everything on what's outside of Equestria. Ponies still don't have detailed books about Dragons as said by Twilight in "Dragon Quest" so not everything is going to have an immediate backstory because no one else: Both characters in-show and fans watching the show don't know. Cadence was the first to tell us what exactly the Queen was, though it may not be that she was the only Pony that knew beforehand for some weird reason. She must of been banished to the caves sometime before the wedding and perhaps then before she finally left Cadence alone inside the caves the Queen introduced herself. Celestia knew there was a threat going on but she still had no idea what exactly it was.

The reason there was no backstory was simple: Even the characters in the show don't know the Changelings or the Queen's past/backstory. All that was important is that she was up to no good. And had to be stopped. Nightmare Moon and Discord had backstory because they did or planned to do horrible things to Equestria in the past. This was simply the first time the Changelings invaded Equestria with the intent to take over.

Back