Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
BTW Smashgoom, I believe today's episode goes along with your Bully documentary thing you posted before. As this episode heavily implied that Fluttershy was bullied in her childhood and it's traumatized her to the point that simply hearing other Ponies (That she doesn't know, obviously she's just fine when the rest of the Main 6 are laughing) laugh has made her want to get out of there.

The moment she suddenly turns back at Rainbow Dash with so many tears in her eyes is just so heartbreaking :'(

Northern Verve said:
BTW Smashgoom, I believe today's episode goes along with your Bully documentary thing you posted before. As this episode heavily implied that Fluttershy was bullied in her childhood and it's traumatized her to the point that simply hearing other Ponies (That she doesn't know, obviously she's just fine when the rest of the Main 6 are laughing) laugh has made her want to get out of there.

The moment she suddenly turns back at Rainbow Dash with so many tears in her eyes is just so heartbreaking :'(
I actually never thought of it like that, but now that you mention it...

Rainbow Dash, at first, seemed to act like Dr. Javelin, saying to just toughen up and fight back, which I'm glad Rainbow Dash didn't just say to do here, even though it really kind of is what Fluttershy needs to do. Actually, the fact that Fluttershy has such a supportive friend (or friends, if you include the animals) is the reason WHY she didn't just fall into deep depression. Most kids who are bullied don't HAVE that kind of support, and THAT'S why it's a problem.

someone get me an mp3 of this please

I really really liked this one.

Smashgoom said:
The best thing about this episode, though was Rainbow Dash's relationship with Fluttershy. You can tell she really does care about Fluttershy's feelings and self-confidence. They really do have a close, almost sisterly relationship, and I really like that.
I agree with this sentiment.

I thought it was good.
The Fluttershy being slow and being teased reminds me of what I go through. Of course I don't cry about it and I have to deal with it, but I did honestly feel bad for her, even if she is just a cartoon character

Fluttershy's training... I just loved that scene. The music had almost nothing to do with it, though.

BTW, did I mention that in the middle of the episode, there's a shout-out to one of Tara Strong's other roles?

A squirrel shows up to announce Fluttershy's arrival, Spike asks what he's saying, and Twilight says: "Does it look like I speak squirrel?"

Well...

logic1.jpg

Smashgoom202 said:
Rainbow Dash, at first, seemed to act like Dr. Javelin, saying to just toughen up and fight back, which I'm glad Rainbow Dash didn't just say to do here, even though it really kind of is what Fluttershy needs to do.
smugface

Perhaps you missed the thread he was referring to, in which I proposed an opposing but not evil opinion.

The bullying thread?

Dr. Javelin said:
Perhaps you missed the thread he was referring to, in which I proposed an opposing but not evil opinion.

The bullying thread?
Yes, indeed.

But like I said, it's not JUST that Fluttershy needs to stand up for herself, which she does, it's that she has support and friends who can help her. Dr. Javelin is a lot like Rainbow Dash, who apparently doesn't need to have that kind of support and can pretty much stick up for herself, but a lot of people can't find the self-confidence needed to really do that.

Also, I've seen others point out on a MLP forum I go to that they liked that, for once, Rainbow Dash wasn't mocking or teasing anyone in this episode, which they (and I) like, because it almost seems hypocritical, seeing as she was bullied herself once. Yeah, friendly, gentle teasing is fine now and then, but sometimes Rainbow Dash just goes too far.

Oh come on guys. You complain that Javelin can't stay out of this thread, but some of these recent posts have been very obviously provoking him. It is really unfair to him.

QuizmoManiac said:
Oh come on guys. You complain that Javelin can't stay out of this thread, but some of these recent posts have been very obviously provoking him. It is really unfair to him.
The only times I come here is when you guys reference me, really.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Angel is Dr. Javelin.

Period.
That was my falseclaim in MLP Mafia, silly.

Smashgoom202 said:
Yeah, friendly, gentle teasing is fine now and then, but sometimes Rainbow Dash just goes too far.
Your Mileage May Vary on teasing; IRL (and on here, I suppose) a good amount of my humor comes from it and I don't mean anything harmful by it. It depends greatly on how it's received.

In fact, isn't most of the humor on here teasing...?

you know i would like it a lot if you stopped mentioning javelin in here forever

Also, saw Hurricane Fluttershy. It was pretty good and sweet episode, though I don't think I liked it as much as everyone else did.

Let's not. Let's just stop baiting or whatever you wanna call it. He'll leave us alone if we leave him alone.

QuizmoManiac said:
Well, firstly, I never said he should stay off this thread (so I guess this comment doesn't really apply to me) and secondly, I was specifically referring to Dr. Javelin's comments because I was reminded of it in this latest episode.

Well he doesn't seem to mind posting in here. We shouldn't really stop him from posting where he feels like posting.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
You-Know-Who is hereby called "He-who-must-not-be-named."
Ooh... scary.

*wiggles fingers in a creepy way*

Vocal Beat said:
Back to ponies!
yeah guys, discuss the topic this thread is about

i'll help you out

uh

Spike is the best character because his personality is the most agreeable.

Back