Mario Kart Wii discussion

LuigiNo.1 said:
hmm...
Do you know how to get a rank of at least 1 star?I don't really know and Super Mario Wiki doesn't say how.

Finish quickly (and 1st), while staying 1st for the biggest part of the race. That should usually get you at least a star.

LuigiNo.1 said:
hmm...
Do you know how to get a rank of at least 1 star?I don't really know and Super Mario Wiki doesn't say how.

To get a star rank on your license, you need to get a star rank on every cup, and you must repeat that for every engine class.

LuigiNo.1 said:
Most items that are on your back can defend you from horizontal launch items,like the green shell.With the exception of the Fake Item Box.How is it that in can stop a kart but not a shell?

Oddly, Fake Items could block item attacks in Mario Kart 64. However, you couldn't throw them forward.

You can only destroy Fake Blocks by running into them since Mario Kart Double Dash. Anything else just goes through them.

MnSG said:
LuigiNo.1 said:
Most items that are on your back can defend you from horizontal launch items,like the green shell.With the exception of the Fake Item Box.How is it that in can stop a kart but not a shell?

Oddly, Fake Items could block item attacks in Mario Kart 64. However, you couldn't throw them forward.
That sucks

Not to mention, you can't really tell between a fake item block and a real one in Mario Kart 64. The only difference is that the fake ones have an upside-down question mark.

Well, I think how Fake Item Boxes block your opponents' attacks outweighs how you can't throw it forward, though I am very fond of tossing items forward than backward.

The Fake Box slows down your progress a lot. Also, you can protect yourself from these Fake Blocks from using shells, something you can't do in the later Mario Kart games.

I wanna get back into MKW Hacking in this thread :P

I haven't gone on my Wii in a long time, my Homebrew Channel is just on the front page, I haven't used it for months.

I plan to soon, though.

Yoshidude99 said:
Ok now I played the game again I got Mii outfit A and sent NSY and Yoshigo some ghost challenges
Now try unlocking Mii outfit B.

Back