If you could kill one Mario character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed some users who hates Bowser jr. because he made the koopalings disappear. That's not true, he appeared in SMS, NSMB, NSMBWii, Mario Party DS, SMG2 and SMG. And the koopalings appeared in hotel mario, SMW, SMB3, M&L RPG1, Mario is missing, Yoshi's Safari and NSMBWii. For sport games, it's not easy to make all 7 of them playble characters!

Well I think it could work for the next Baseball one, where they keep adding more and more characters.

Mr bones said:
I noticed some users who hates Bowser jr. because he made the koopalings disappear. That's not true, he appeared in SMS, NSMB, NSMBWii, Mario Party DS, SMG2 and SMG. And the koopalings appeared in hotel mario, SMW, SMB3, M&L RPG1, Mario is missing, Yoshi's Safari and NSMBWii. For sport games, it's not easy to make all 7 of them playble characters!

The majority of the games they appeared in were made before Bowser Jr. appeared!

Mr bones said:
I noticed some users who hates Bowser jr. because he made the koopalings disappear.
I don't hate Bowser Jr. because he made the Koopalings disappear(because he didn't), I hate Bowser Jr. because he's way uglier than the Koopalings, has a really annoying voice, replaced the Koopalings in many games, and because of his absolutely horrible personality. I mean, I know he's a villain, but he just does anything Bowser tells him with the addition of even worse planning, and explaining it to Mario in a retarded voice. Even when he knew Bowser was lying to him, he went out and listened to him anyway. Why? Do all villains have some genetic difference that makes them need to become villains even if it means pretending to believe lies?

Can you imagine how Bowser would have acted if he was in Jr.'s situation? He would have been furious. So, apart from being the same species in what way does Jr. take after his father? I know it's nitpicking, but if Bowser were to single out one child from all eight to(as it seems) become his successor, would he really pick the one least like him?

On top of all that, Bowser Jr. first appeared as Shadow Mario, a way cooler villain. I would have much preferred him to have become a real character than him turning out to be a cruddy cliche villain's child character and Koopalings knock-off. Besides, Bowser Jr. is essentially a representative of all the ugly Sunshine character designs that found their way into all of Mario's gamecube games, like Piantas.

Reversinator said:
I've always found Toadette randomly thrown into the series and not given an explanation as to why she was there.

Hmmm, probably to popularize Toad a bit more. Besides, having TOAD around was basically asking for a female version of Toad therefore she was made. Besides, Toad needed to have a partner in Double Dash.

I wonder if Toadette is in Mario Sports Mix as an unlockable character...hope she is. I'll still play the game if she isn't but it'd be pretty awesome if she was.

Well he does these days because the guys who make the RPGs don't know how to write him as a good villain. Or a good anything for that matter. Back in my day Bowser was a beast.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
Well he does these days because the guys who make the RPGs don't know how to write him as a good villain. Or a good anything for that matter. Back in my day Bowser was a beast.

Yeah, back in the day he certainly was a beast. Literally. A beast. Not being able to talk or think rationally. Since then he evolved into a antropomorphed beast, but turned lame (in my opinion at least). All he does lately is gettting Mario to battle him.

Oaktown Mojo said:
I understand your reasoning, but expect to be assaulted by fanboys.

While I understand why you dislike him, I disagree.

He has more of a personality than Mario. He's often quiet and shy. He also had games like Luigi's Mansion. And Gamefreak, I thought you liked Waluigi. Though his abilities far more different, his personality is much closer go Wario's than Luigi's is to Mario.

I understand, kind of. I expected my reasoning to be countered.

And I really don't get why they made Bowser act dumb in the Mario RPGs. In Super Mario Galaxy (the only other game I have where Bowser talks), Bowser didn't act half as dumb. Then again, maybe they didn't want him to have corny stereotypical villain talk in the RPGs. Especially since he's a main character in the RPGs. But I don't like when they make the big guys the "dumb muscle" type, because that's almost as overused as the corny villain-talk.

Mijzelffan said:
Bowser. He fails as a villain.
Oh, thank you. I'm SO glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Don't get me wrong, though. I don't hate Bowser, but I definitely don't think he's that good of a villain, even in the platformers. Like I always say, I think he's much better at being an anti-hero, like he is in some of the RPGs.

I hope PM3DS has a new villain as the final boss and Bowser makes an appearance as a mini-boss/boss at least.

I would say Peach, but then most of the Mario games would have never existed so Toadsworth. He is a useless old toad who needs a cane (and uses it as a bat in baseball) and yells at Mario when Peach gets kidnapped even though it's his fault. He is so dumb and in Mario Super Sluggers, Rosalina or anyone else for that matter should have replaced him. And in TTYD, he just waits in the inn while Peach is MIA. He's a lazy, stupid toad who should have never existed.

You should play Super Princess Peach, then. :P

I liked it. Some of the level layouts were really bad, but other than that, it was pretty good.

They're special powers that Peach can use throughout the game. Granted, the fact that she has to use her emotions to use her powers is kinda cheesy, but the powers themselves are pretty good. Especially rage. Flaming Peach ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back