If you could kill one Mario character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Peach seems even more annoying than Baby Daisy.

The fact that the majority of us hate pointless filler characters, Daisy, AND babies is the reason why we despise Baby Daisy.

That's because Baby Donkey Kong is awesome. Play Yoshi's Island DS, and you'll see why.

Yeah, and out of all the babies in Yoshi's Island DS, his cry was the least irritating.

So far, I wouldn't kill any of the characters, even the ones I hate, such as Peach, Daisy, and Bowser Jr. As long as I don't have to play them then I can tolerate their existence.

Probably because he's a blatant disregard for the Koopalings. Seriously, there's just NO denying the fact that Bowser Jr. is a kick in the nuts to their fanbase, and that was STILL the case in New Super Mario Brothers Wii, since he was STILL being treated as if he's more important than they are. They had the Koopalings working as HIS subordinates. That makes absolutely NO sense to me at all, especially since, at one point, Ludwig was supposed to have been second-in-command.

I have no love at all for the Koopalings myself. I just don't care for Bowser Jr. because of his snotty attitude that tends to annoy me. But that doesn't mean that I want him to die or have his character deleted from the games. I just don't like playing as him, that's all.

Well, it's nice to see that there are more than just Koopaling fans who hate him.

Since you're being a dick about it, I'm going to be a dick about it.

Solar Man said:
Probably because he's a blatant disregard for the Koopalings. Seriously, there's just NO denying the fact that Bowser Jr. is a kick in the nuts to their fanbase, and that was STILL the case in New Super Mario Brothers Wii, since he was STILL being treated as if he's more important than they are. They had the Koopalings working as HIS subordinates. That makes absolutely NO sense to me at all, especially since, at one point, Ludwig was supposed to have been second-in-command.
If a metaphorical kick in the nuts is the worst thing that happens in your life, consider yourself lucky. You sound like one of those crazy Sonic fans complaining that Sonic has green eyes in Sonic 4. You finally, after all this time, get what you want, yet you still find something to complain about.

They've never, I repeat, NEVER been anything but inconsequential boss characters and never will be anything but. The Mario fanbase (save for W_F, Shyguy, and myself) gives them a free ride ONLY because they were in SMB3 and SMW it seems. They've done nothing to deserve a fanbase. Bowser Jr. "replaced" them because, well, they're replaceable. I've never missed them at all.

So, while you cry over those guys, I'm gonna enjoy my character that actually gets used and actually does something besides waiting in a room for Mario to come and kick his ass.

Green Biker Dude said:
They've never, I repeat, NEVER been anything but inconsequential boss characters and never will be anything but.
Yes, because Nintendo isn't ALLOWING them to be anymore than that. Rather than giving them some actual character development, they've instead decided to use a character in their place, which blatantly could have been them (in all games before New Super Mario Bros. Wii). All of these years, they've been using ONE CHARACTER to replace SEVEN. If that's not a blatant disregard, then I don't know WHAT to call it.

So, while you cry over those guys, I'm gonna enjoy my character that actually gets used and actually does something besides waiting in a room for Mario to come and kick his ass.
Oh, yes. Nevermind the fact that they've conquered entire kingdoms in SMB3 (in addition to getting rid of the kings of each world in the process), all they've ever done in every single one of their appearances is wait for Mario and/or Luigi to show up and defeat them. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

What did Bowser Jr. do other than wait in a room for Mario to kick his ass?
Oh yeah, he waited in a giant robot for Mario to kick his ass.

Whoop dee doo

...Wow, that's the second thing we've agreed on recently.

Also, at least the Koopalings weren't gullible enough to believe that Peach was their mother. I honestly find it hard to believe that Bowser Jr. knew that the entire time.

The reason Bowser Jr. was created, in my opinion, is because the Koopalings had no personality. Bowser Jr. is a badass rebel, and he sometimes even wants to rebel against Bowser. That would make an awesome plot, with Mario and Bowser Jr. joining forces against Bowser.

No personality > Absolutely gratingly horrible and cliche personality

His personality isn't all evil. And I wouldn't say it's cliched, he shows resentment towards Bowser. I'm hoping Nintendo keeps building up the resentment so that he turns in to a bit of a protagonist.

I didn't say it was evil.
Although I've never seen him have anything against Bowser. Did you ever beat Sunshine? He did everything Bowser told him to despite having absolutely no reason to, and despite knowing the only possible reason to was a lie.

Sharks Territory said:
The reason Bowser Jr. was created, in my opinion, is because the Koopalings had no personality.
My other post said:
Yes, because Nintendo isn't ALLOWING them to be anymore than that. Rather than giving them some actual character development, they've instead decided to use a character in their place, which blatantly could have been them (in all games before New Super Mario Bros. Wii).

Hey, it's not like they've never done that before. Just look at Bowser during Super Mario Sunshine's ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back