Osama Bin Laden is Dead

hey javelin, if the american government suddenly decides I'm a criminal for whatever reason, does that mean I should just be killed without being given the chance to defend myself in court?

wait a minute, I thought that people outside of America aren't allowed to be tried unless they are in america by will.

unless terrorists are somehow American, and people have the right to pull them back into America and try them as per the constitution. Am I missing something here?

I love a good argument thread!

that's tangential. the point is that the us government is forbidden from executing anyone, citizen or not, without putting them on trial first. whether or not it's generally in the habit of putting non-citizens on trial at all, that fact remains

also, its not really about terrorists anymore. banjo said he doesn't think any non-us-citizen is entitled to protection from the us government's desire to extrajudicially murder them. i told him that the constitution explicitly says otherwise

Crocodile Dippy said:
hey javelin, if the american government suddenly decides I'm a criminal for whatever reason, does that mean I should just be killed without being given the chance to defend myself in court?
No, of course not it should be forbidden, especially for American citizens. Stop drone attacks!

Crocodile Dippy said:
i'm not saying you should be killed

they probably would kill you anyways though

And it wasn't just the United States government. Nations from around the world other than the US had condemned bin Laden's actions. Bin Laden had also already admitted to the crime, so what was the point of a trial?
Bulbasaur said:
also, its not really about terrorists anymore. banjo said he doesn't think any non-us-citizen is entitled to protection from the us government's desire to extrajudicially murder them. i told him that the constitution explicitly says otherwise
I don't think this qualifies as "extrajudicially" considering the Untied Nations had already marked bin Laden as an enemy to the United Nations.

I hope Grandpa was joking again, because if it was true, then I'd be killed, as soon as I'd hit my very first footstep on American grounds.
I've never been there, but if I'd get there once, I want to get back alive.

only if you've committed a crime bad enough to get tried for

such as blowing up the twin towers, or flying planes into pentagons

Crocodile Dippy said:

Well actually if you even remotely helped fund a major terrorist attack I'd do everything in my power to kill you myself.

omfp

this is the most surreal moment of my life

Agent Smith said:
Crocodile Dippy said:

Well actually if you even remotely helped fund a major terrorist attack I'd do everything in my power to kill you myself.

Then what is your stance on our government having funded Osama or something like that back before the gulf wars or whatever.

(idk my history well but something like that happened so just look it up if you need to)

Agent Smith said:

Not going to get involved in this discussion, but...

Since there are clearly still people out there funding and/or committing terrorist attacks at this very moment, and you just said, quite vigorously, that you'd devote all your efforts to killing these people... Doesn't that mean you should be out there fighting terrorists right now, instead of arguing politics on a video game forum?

Why do you waste time here? You have your word to keep.

Agent Smith said:
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Crocodile Dippy said:
Agent Smith said:
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

WHAAAT

Agent Smith said:
Crocodile Dippy said:

LOL

What a discussion I sparked by just bumping a two year old thread stating that the event of which this thread is about felt like two years ago.

Yeah, this guy's been dead for two years, yet he still causes arguments around the forum.

What the actual fuck, guys?

well then you've just derailed a topic

It's either you're arguing about Bin Laden, or you're derailing the topic.

no, the conversation evolved. that is what conversations do

listen, do you have something you want to say about osama?

quit being an asscanoe, bowser99

you've derailed the topic far more than anyone in this thread

Back