Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Toad Eightyfive said:
Solar Blaze said:
KDssc.jpg

This still makes me chuckle.

Really? Cause all it manages to do to me is piss me off.

That, and the fact that killing Osama is nothing too amazing on Obama's part. It's not like almost anyone else would have called for the attack.

But to give credit to Obama for the first time in a long time, I was a little proud of the administration when the assassination went down.

i wasnt. it was just a publicity stunt. he hadnt posed a credible threat for years

it's a pretty evil way to win an election

of course i realize that its what had to be done, but its still depressing

I feel pretty much the same way.

At least give bin Laden a fucking trial before you blow his brains out.

He wouldn't have made it through one.

actually i meant its evil to win an election through meaningless publicity stunts rather than actually improving the quality of life of the people

not that i was really in favor of killing bin laden either

they should have kept him in jail until he died on his own

oh my god, youre defending obama

!!

that shocking fact aside, you're probably right. i don't know what they should have done with bin laden

I disagree on the whole. Bin Laden deserved what he got. And he wasn't an American citizen, so I don't think he deserved an American trial. If I was there I would have double tapped for good measure.

Bulbasaur said:
they should have kept him in jail until he died on his own

Unfortunately, it was all but impossible but get him alive, and if they had al-Qaeda would have most likely been constantly attacking to get him out.

Agent Smith said:
Bin Laden deserved what he got. And he wasn't an American citizen, so I don't think he deserved an American trial.
That certainly didn't stop Saddam Hussein from getting one.

Dozla said:
hey guys

obama didn't kill osama bin laden

i did :D

Congratulations on making it into the American Navy S.E.A.L. team, that's quite the honor.

Bulbasaur said:
Agent Smith said:
Bin Laden deserved what he got.

surely you aren't claiming that killing him was valid as a punishment

Agent Smith said:
And he wasn't an American citizen, so I don't think he deserved an American trial.

i'm not really interested in arguing with you about whether bin laden deserved a trial or not, since it would have come to the same result anyway, but the general idea you appear to be proposing here is that the only people who are under the protection of the us constitution are us citizens. and that's an insane, dangerous idea

1. I am a firm supporter of the death penalty, but that's another matter.

2. Whether I think he deserved an American trial or not is my own personal, ethical opinion. And both Bush and Obama signed several laws into place to ensure that all necessary force must be taken to apprehend those responsible for the 9/11 attacks, most notably Public Law 107-40. It's not like S.E.A.L Team 6 could have walked him out of his house to the nearest courthouse and put him on trial, anyway.

Bulbasaur said:
oh my god, youre defending obama

!!

that shocking fact aside, you're probably right.
unlike most people i know here in the south, i am actually capable of saying that obama is not the spawn of satan

in fact he's a rather good president, for a democrat. I may disagree with him ideologically but he clearly has the best interests of the nation in mind and he hasn't done anything that drastic that I have a problem with.
Bulbasaur said:
i'm not really interested in arguing with you about whether bin laden deserved a trial or not, since it would have come to the same result anyway, but the general idea you appear to be proposing here is that the only people who are under the protection of the us constitution are us citizens. and that's an insane, dangerous idea
well, the united states constitution does only affect citizens of the united states

not that i'm against international statutes that safeguard basic fundamental human rights

I always thought the constitution applied to anyone who acted on U.S. soil/territories or whose actions affected the U.S.

Bulbasaur said:
Marisa said:
well, the united states constitution does only affect citizens of the united states

omfg no youre insane

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html said:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

you see? "no person". not "no citizen"
so are you saying that we are bound by the french constitution, or the british one, simply because they might not say "no citizen"? that doesn't make any sense

the constitution only affects the people who bound themselves to it, obviously

Back