Sonic Generations

Next time, try to say more in your post then just "I agree". :-\

I just played Sonic Generation's again last night, and let me tell you, I hate the Planet Whisp, Modern and Classic. SO freaking long and complicated, it give me a headache just thinking about it. Worst yet is the doppleganger races, since they're so long and conveluted, it's hard to tell if you ahead or not! I had to try this one challenege, like, 7 times before I finally got it. Took at LEAST a half-hour before finally beating it.

I have to tell you, once you finally win, it's kind of satisfying. :)

Yeah I do kinda get the feeling that Generations made their Planet Wisp more difficult then what Sonic Colors did with it. But I suppose since it's the last level in the game it needed to be hard anyway.

That's what was going through my mind as well. Last level in the game, MUST be hard as Hell. Same goes for the final boss fight, or Hell, even the boss fight BEFORE the Final Boss fight. The Egg Dragon was most certainly a pain to deal with!

I'll have to agree when it comes to Crisis City.
Northern Verve said:
Yeah I do kinda get the feeling that Generations made their Planet Wisp more difficult then what Sonic Colors did with it. But I suppose since it's the last level in the game it needed to be hard anyway.
Agreed. I never expected it would take me 10 minutes to finish Planet Wisp Act 2 the first time I played it after playing Sonic Colors quite a lot.

I was actually planning to complete all the challenges, or at least most of them, so I can use the music on the stages to collect the red rings.

Yoshidude99 said:
His World is fitting on modern Green Hill Zone
Honestly, I like the instrumental version of "His World", as opposed to listening to it with actual lyrics.

I recently got Sonic Generations the other day. Fun game, btw.

While I was playing, though, I started thinking about something. You know that one bad ending of Sonic 2? The one where Tails appeared as a constellation, implying is death?

Well what if that was the main timeline? How would subsequent games, most notably Generations, be different?

SPECULATION TIME.

Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
His World is fitting on modern Green Hill Zone
Honestly, I like the instrumental version of "His World", as opposed to listening to it with actual lyrics.
Late, but...

I don't like the Sonic music with lyrics. The only two exceptions are "Live and Learn" and "Open Your Heart".

Toad85 said:
I recently got Sonic Generations the other day. Fun game, btw.

While I was playing, though, I started thinking about something. You know that one bad ending of Sonic 2? The one where Tails appeared as a constellation, implying is death?

Well what if that was the main timeline? How would subsequent games, most notably Generations, be different?

SPECULATION TIME.

Well for Starters, I don't think Sonic could of gotten to Angel Island without Tails driving him there. Of course if you play as Tails in Sonic 2, Sonic is shown driving the plane which means he could drive there himself. Though he certainly wouldn't have lost the emeralds the same way he did in Sonic 3 (He transforms to Super Sonic, Knuckles knocks it out of him and takes the Emeralds). Also it wouldn't be a good thing if Tails wasn't there for the Adventure games.

Northern Verve said:
Also it wouldn't be a good thing if Tails wasn't there for the Adventure games.

SA2 could have done without him (I hated his stages).

Mario4Ever said:
Northern Verve said:
Also it wouldn't be a good thing if Tails wasn't there for the Adventure games.

SA2 could have done without him (I hated his stages).

That might be your thing on the stages. But in terms of the plot, no. Sonic wouldn't have escaped the prison without Tails and might of died when the island exploded due to Shadow, Eggman, and Rouge's bomb.

We don't really know that because the plot of the game would have to be modified to progress without Tails.

Or it might have not happened at all.

Think about it. If Sonic never made it to Angel Island, he could have never met Knuckles. Knuckles, not knowing any better, would probably have stayed on Robotnik's side, giving him the chaos emeralds and/or the master emerald, and we would have a situation like SatAm.

Sonic, without the chaos emeralds or having any fighting chance against a Super-Robotnik, would have perished or been roboticized pretty early on. Robotnik, having already taken over the planet, would have no motive for unleashing Shadow or firing up the Eclipse Cannon or

Hence, no Sonic Adventure 2.

Toad85 said:

Game Gear version.

While I'm playing every now and then I get a disc read error at a loading screen. The disc is perfectly clean and all of my other games don't have this same problem.

Anyone know what a solution might be? I'm thinking of buying an Xbox 360 hard drive which I can install the game to, because the console can still load any part of the game, and it seems to be more of a problem with the disc.

Back