Donkey Kong Country Returns 2

You know what I'd like in a sequel?

A real lost world. The Golden Temple was a big disappointment.

I heard that Retro was working on a new DKCR for the next Nintendo console. I don't remember the source but if you search Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 on Google you might see it.

EDIT: Well, it looks like Retro actually announced that DKCR2 wasn't in development. X_x What a shame.

Fawfulfury65 said:
EDIT: Well, it looks like Retro actually announced that DKCR2 wasn't in development. X_x What a shame.

Oh...well that sucks. I was looking forward to a new one.

King K. Rool and Kiddy Kong should return in the next Donkey Kong Country. Sheesh, it practically felt empty without King K. Rool and Kiddy Kong has been neglected.

And I'm wondering, but why you guys hate the pig?

Like I said before, I don't see what all the fuss is about the lack of Kremlings. I liked the Tikis, actually. I thought they were original and creative. Not saying I hate the Kremlings or anything, but I think hating the Tikis "because they're not the KREMLINGS!1!1!!" is a little stupid.

Also, the Tiki Tak Tribe actually had a motive for stealing the bananas (the motive being to expand their army because of the special banana juice substance), unlike the Kremlings who were like "Ohai we're going to steal your bananas! Come and catch us!" and then King K. Rool is like "Olol you fell into my trap. Prepare to be defeated Donkey Kong."

Also, there was an overkill of minecart levels and I absolutely despised them. World 4 was a hellhole.

Also, silhouette levels were the best thing, especially Foggy Fumes.

adiosToreador said:
Not saying I hate the Kremlings or anything, but I think hating the Tikis "because they're not the KREMLINGS!1!1!!" is a little stupid.
I never said that I hated them because they weren't the Kremlings. If that were the case, then I'd hate the X-Nauts, Count Bleck's army, or whatever other antagonist group was used in the place of the Koopa Troop. While I do consider them to be a giant kick in the nuts to those (like myself) who were looking forward to seeing the Kremlings again, my reason for hating them is because they're very boring, bland, and generic characters.

adiosToreador said:
Like I said before, I don't see what all the fuss is about the lack of Kremlings. I liked the Tikis, actually. I thought they were original and creative. Not saying I hate the Kremlings or anything, but I think hating the Tikis "because they're not the KREMLINGS!1!1!!" is a little stupid.

Also, the Tiki Tak Tribe actually had a motive for stealing the bananas (the motive being to expand their army because of the special banana juice substance), unlike the Kremlings who were like "Ohai we're going to steal your bananas! Come and catch us!" and then King K. Rool is like "Olol you fell into my trap. Prepare to be defeated Donkey Kong."

Also, there was an overkill of minecart levels and I absolutely despised them. World 4 was a hellhole.

Also, silhouette levels were the best thing, especially Foggy Fumes.

I didn't hate the Tikis really. I have more of a problem with the new enemies that weren't related to either group, like the Awks (I think that's what the bird things from the first levels are called). They just felt flat and dimensionless for the most part. I wouldn't mind the Tikis coming back, as long as the Kremlings do as well.

The Tikis are boring compared to the Kremlings. The they just don't do as much as them. The Kremlings are shown sliding along ropes, gliding through the air, running around in TNT Barrels, etc. The Tikis just jump around or hover in the air to be used as platforms, and other simple, uncreative things. None of the things the Tikis do are different from what some of the Kremlings and other enemies do. Also, IMO, Tiki Tong is the easiest final boss in the whole DKC series.

And also, did they HAVE to replace Zingers with Tiki Zings? Zingers were always a major obstacle in the old DKCs, but Tiki Zings are less common, weird looking, and not as memorable.

DKCR has hardly any DKC feel to it at all. They changed too much and got rid of way to many important characters. As far as I know, there are only five returning characters.

I don't mind having the Tikis in DKCR2, as long as the Kremlings and Zingers are still around.

Fawfulfury65 said:
DKCR has hardly any DKC feel to it at all. They changed too much and got rid of way to many important characters. As far as I know, there are only five returning characters.

This is how I felt while I first started playing. So much was changed from the original that it really didn't feel like Donkey Kong Country. I detailed it in one of my older posts. It just didn't have the same feeling. I mean, the original didn't have that many characters to be excited about, but it had an atmosphere that was was serious, but fun. There were very few points in DKCR that felt serious and fun at the same time.

Features:
1. Kremling Krew. I hated the Tiki Tak Tribe
2. DKC5 will be a more suitable name
3. playable characters: Player one: DK; Player two: Diddy; Player 3: Dixie; Player 4: Kiddy. After beating the game, the player can use any character. (Note: This will be for the upcoming console the Wii 2 or whatever the real name is).
4. Due to K. Rool's different egos, he can stay as King K. Rool

:dk:

I think Dixie should appear like DKCR follows DKC. Also Squawks would be ridable like in DKC2 he is and in DKC, he isn't.

Well, if Diddy and Dixie were the stars of DKCR2, I would imaging that the game would then work like the first three games where they just follow each other. I can't imagine Dixie Kong on Diddy's back.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Well, if Diddy and Dixie were the stars of DKCR2, I would imaging that the game would then work like the first three games where they just follow each other. I can't imagine Dixie Kong on Diddy's back.

Dixie did ride on Diddy's shoulders temporarily in DKC2, but I see what you're saying. That brings up a good question though. How would they put Dixie in the game?

I guess they would just have Dixie follow Diddy. It's the only way I could see it work. He wouldn't get any benefits from her other than extra health, though.

Leonyx said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Dixie did ride on Diddy's shoulders temporarily in DKC2, but I see what you're saying. That brings up a good question though. How would they put Dixie in the game?

I guess they would just have Dixie follow Diddy. It's the only way I could see it work. He wouldn't get any benefits from her other than extra health, though.
If Dixie were mounted on his back like that the whole game it would be strange.

Fawfulfury65 said:
If Dixie were mounted on his back like that the whole game it would be strange.

Yes, yes it would.

Yeah, I agree. Dixie should follow Diddy like she did in DKC2

Donkey Kong Country Returns was surprisingly a good game, I hope they come out with a sequel. It was good for a game that had no Kremlings.

1.) I'd like to see Dixie Kong and the Kremlings. As well as Funky (and possibly Swanky).

2.) I'd like to see remixes of the awesome music from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

3.) Some more animal buddies in this one. Squawks and Rambi are great, but there were other great animal buddies, too.

4.) If they really INSIST on not using the Kremlings (I can't imagine why), how about
Tiki Tong's
revenge?
I know he exploded
, but still, it's like how in the second game, Kaptain K. Roll got his "revenge", even though he technically started it by stealing DK's bananas for no good reason.

Just my thoughts.

Back