Stars in save files

Is there a website where I could get the info for every Mario game with stars in the save file? I have searched for hours looking for info on this subject. I have found a few sites with some info on this, but they seem incomplete.

If there is not one already, I think it would be a great idea for one to be created. I really like the way x360a.org is set up for xbox 360 achievments. This is basically the same concept I am looking for just set up for users to track file save stars for Mario Bros. games.

I am New to this site and this is my first post. Hello to all!

Do you mean like the stars in the Mario Advance games that you get for points or the ones from NSMB?

Example:

In New Super Mario Bros DS

If you beat bowser last level - 1 star on save file
If you collect all star coins - 2 stars
If you spend all star coins - 3 stars

I beleive there are even stars for mario games on the snes.

No, there aren't stars on SNES games.

I disagree. In Super Mario World for SNES when you finished all 96 levels a star would appear next to the number 96 on the save file.

That is what I am looking for.
An organized list of File Save Stars with the amount you can get and how the are obtained.

How about Mario Kart for snes. Did that have file save stars?

The list should also include unlockables.
Example: Super Mario Bros. 3 -Full Inventory of P-Wings when game is complete.
Of course you cant save in this Mario game.

Side Note- Only NES Mario games I know to have a save feature is Warios Woods (battery in cartridge) and Marios Time Machine (password).

MarioImajin said:
How about Mario Kart for snes. Did that have file save stars?
I don't think so, but I haven't played it for a while so I'm not entirely sure. But I know a picture of a bronze, silver, or gold trophy appears next to the different cups that you win.

They started the star system in Mario Kart Super Circuit, excluded it in Mario Kart Double Dash, and is now prominent since Mario Kart DS. There was no star system before Mario Kart Super Circuit.

Krizzy said:
MarioImajin said:
Example:

In New Super Mario Bros DS

You really needn't say New Super Mario Bros. DS. That's like saying Super Mario 64 64.

Well since they make New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64 for multiple systems I think it would be wise to specify.
Thanks for your opinion though.

Well, same thing can apply with people say "Super Smash Bros. 64" when referring to a game rather than "Super Smash Bros." It's just the way people say it to specify games with similar names.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
They started the star system in Mario Kart Super Circuit, excluded it in Mario Kart Double Dash, and is now prominent since Mario Kart DS. There was no star system before Mario Kart Super Circuit.

Does that mean there is stars in MKWii? Ive finished the game(and by that I mean defeated all staff ghosts on expert, unlocked all characters and beaten all cups with gold) and I havent seen any stars. ???

Goombella said:
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:

Does that mean there is stars in MKWii? Ive finished the game(and by that I mean defeated all staff ghosts on expert, unlocked all characters and beaten all cups with gold) and I havent seen any stars. ???

Are you sure? The game ranks you just on the icon where the gold trophy is (on the cup selection in Grand Prix). You can also check by options on the upper right hand part of the main menu (the one that shows single player, multiplayer, online, etc).

Back