Wii U

Pff.

The gamepad's small screen displays at 480p- that's the same quality you'd get on an SDTV, and those tend to be much larger. The GamePad's pixel density is completely reasonable for its size, especially for gaming.

I always thought it looked better on my gamepad than my tv.

My tv is supposed to be HD but I can't really tell.

Crackin355 said:

That's because your TV's pixel density is significantly lower. Higher quality, yes, but it's stretched on a significantly larger screen.

Contra(dictory) said:
Crackin355 said:

That's because your TV's pixel density is significantly lower. Higher quality, yes, but it's stretched on a significantly larger screen.

Ah, that would make sense. Always wondered why I didn't see the fuss over the Wii's 420p, because I didn't have the technology to make full use of the PS3's 720p to compare properly.

Well, part of why the Wii U is doing badly right now is because they didn't keep enough secrets.
The reveal of Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros 5 caused many people to decide to wait on buying the Wii U.
Think; for example, why would many people get New Super Mario Bros U when you know Super Mario 3D World will come out.
They are very similar but 3DWorld is in 3D while NSMBU was 2D.
Games that seem like Prototype Varients of other upcoming games just are not going to be popular.
Like if Sakurai announced SSB6 for the Wii U before SSB5 comes out, why would anyone get SSB5, they'd wait for the most likely to be superior SSB6.
And do you think Melee would have been so popular if another Smash Bros game for the Gamecube to come out in 2004 was announced before the release of Melee?
I think most definently not.
If people knew about Mario Party 2 before Mario Party 1 was released, then they would all just hold out since Mario Party 2 was both vastly superior, very similar, and only a year out.

I don't know the Wii U is doing badly but I know a couple of people who have it and think its great I wouldn't say wii u is doing bad I'd jsut say it needs something to push it up.

I thought the Wii U version was being released first, so doesn't that make the Wii U one Smash 4 and the 3DS one Smash 5?

GalacticPetey said:
Game Theory just released this video. I hate to spread doom and gloom, but he brings up some good points.

*video*

You can't compare the Wii U to something that literally caused you headaches

LakituderSchnell said:
They aren't the same, they have their own set of stages as far as I know.

That's like saying a game is completely different because they have a few console exclusive characters. They're just console and handheld exclusive stages for a game with the exact same mechanics and characters on both systems.

They're both the same game, just with exclusive content for each.

It's like saying Pokemon X and Y are the same game (they are, btw)

Crackin355 said:
LakituderSchnell said:
They aren't the same, they have their own set of stages as far as I know.

That's like saying a game is completely different because they have a few console exclusive characters. They're just console and handheld exclusive stages for a game with the exact same mechanics and characters on both systems.

They're both the same game, just with exclusive content for each.
Not the same game. Not the same content.

About the Game Theory Video

1. The exact same problems happened to the 3DS, and it even had the whole "eye strain" thing from the virtual boy. It's selling really well now.
2. You can't apply theories to sales trends. What was popular 10 years ago might not be popular today.
3. Some of those problems don't even really apply to the Wii U anymore.

So, the Wii U sold about 82.5K in the US for the month of February. In February of 2013, it was only 66K, which is a 12.5K improvement from what it was at last year.

Good news, no matter how small, is still good news.

I'm guessing that's thanks to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Back