What characters for Super Mario Bros. 3DS?

UltimatePetey

Go! Magnezone!
Do you guys have any specific characters you want for SMB3DS? Fawful should be the main boss like BiS.

yoshidude99 said:
Popple could reappear I'd like to see him again 8)
Like Fawfulfury said, Popple is in MLSS, which is an RPG. I've never seen an RPG character appear in a main game.

I 've never played Mario RPG b/c it was never released in Europe, but I wouldn't mind having these characters in a New Super Mario Land 3DS where Bowser wouldn't be the final boss.

Supremo78 said:
yoshidude99 said:
Popple could reappear I'd like to see him again 8)
Like Fawfulfury said, Popple is in MLSS, which is an RPG. I've never seen an RPG character appear in a main game.

Goomboss64DS.png

Does this count?

But that boss is originally from Paper Mario…

2257 said:
But that boss is originally from Paper Mario…
Just because a boss first appeared in an RPG doesn't mean it can't appear in a main one and change the whole genre of it.

Let's recap, step by step, alright?

You reason that no character from an RPG has ever appeared in a main game.

2257 posts a screenshot showing Goomboss, who is a character that originated in an RPG and appeared in a main game.

Ergo, 2257 has disproved your point.

I forgot about Goomboss... Fawful and other RPG characters are still unlikely. It can happen, but it's probably not.

What I meant was, Goomboss did appear in a RPG and main game. I'm not disagreeing about that. What I'm saying, is that if a character that first appeared in an RPG (Paper Mario in this case), and then appears in a main game, doesn't mean Goomboss changes the genre of SM64DS (the main game in this case) from a main game to a RPG.

Supremo78 said:
What I meant was, Goomboss did appear in a RPG and main game. I'm not disagreeing about that. What I'm saying, is that if a character that first appeared in an RPG (Paper Mario in this case), and then appears in a main game, doesn't mean Goomboss changes the genre of SM64DS (the main game in this case) from a main game to a RPG.
When did we say it did? Of course that would never change the genre.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Supremo78 said:

I think that what he mean is that goomboss appears in the game, but not as an important or "partofthestoryline" character in the main game. And i personally think that's never gonna happen with an RPG character...

Ruiji01 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Supremo78 said:

I think that what he mean is that goomboss appears in the game, but not as an important or "partofthestoryline" character in the main game. And i personally think that's never gonna happen with an RPG character...
In Sm64DS, he has a major role because he has Mario with him.

If it is multiplayer oriented, I would like to play as a Toad again, maybe even Toadette. While I'm at that, I can only dream about Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (unless something stupid happens).

I would like to see Toad return as a playable character in this game (hopefully the main Toad). Additionally, I would like to see an option for the player to pick his character in single player mode (possibly even in a similar way as the cheat from the original New Super Mario Mros.)

Back