Which one was your first Mario Game?

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario 64.
Before I got it, I didn't even know what video games are.

Super Mario Bros. for me, no doubt. Still love it.

Broggy said:
Super Mario Bros. 2: Super Mario Advance 2

I don't have it anymore though
The first Super Mario Advance is SMB2, the second one is Super Mario World.

As for me, the first game in the series that I played was Super Mario Bros. in a "Three Games in One" NES cartridge, which also included Duck Hunt and World Class Track Meet.

Mephiles the Dark said:
Broggy said:
Super Mario Bros. 2: Super Mario Advance 2

I don't have it anymore though
The first Super Mario Advance is SMB2, the second one is Super Mario World.

As for me, the first game in the series that I played was Super Mario Bros. in a "Three Games in One" NES cartridge, which also included Duck Hunt and World Class Track Meet.
Oh yeah Sorry I meant that.

I'm bored right now, so I'm going to list the first Mario game I've played for each system I have:

GameBoy: Super Mario Land 2 or Game and Watch Gallery 3 (either one, I don't remember)
DS: Super Mario 64 DS
NES: Super Mario Bros. 3
SNES: Super Mario All Stars
N64: Super Mario 64
GameCube: Super Smash Bros. Melee (I count that as a Mario game)
Wii: Mario Party 8

Super Mario World

Like a boss

It probably was Super Mario Land back in 1993 (or 94 or something like that) in my cousin's Game Boy. A year or something later I played Super Mario Land 3 (Wario Land). In 1997 I first played Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Kart on the SNES and fell in love with both games.

Shortly after, I tried the N64 in a local store and played some Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 and my first impression was disappointment because I was used to the 2D graphics and N64 looked strange to me.

After playing all kinds of Mario games in emulators for years during the 2000's, I got my Wii last year and I also started playing with my old SNES. I even bought a N64 a couple of months ago so I could enjoy Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 for the first time.

The very first Super Mario bros rightly... (then old DKs and Mario bros)
though they already released before my birth, it's only because that my family retained the old NES...

I remember watching my cousins playing SMB3 when I was little. When I was old enough, I had either an NES or SNES and a game cartridge filled with various Japan-only Nintendo games. The ones I do remember are the original Super Mario Bros., DKJR, and Donkey Kong 3.

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World.

That was like... my first video game overall. It was only in the last year that I got past the third castle... I usually just played it whenever the GBA was handy, and a lot of the time I spent playing it, I was still in elementary school and I wasn't a game-playing prodigy... so I didn't make much progress for years.

I remember being so obsessed for Mario World that i can actually win the game in less than an hour. Without shorcuts. That's because my SNes Cartridge wasn't allowed to save the game.(after my SM allstars stop running i was able to buy super Mario World Only) So every time i played i keep going until i win! Haha!

Hmm...

Probably either Luigi's Mansion or one of the GCN Mario Party games.

But, if you don't count going to the Boys and Girls Club and playing it, I'm pretty sure SML was my first Mario game.

Super Mario 64. Amazing game but Mario seriously sounded like this:
When Hurt: Boug!
Jumping: Yuck.
Death: Hohh...

I found this game relatively entertaining. I remember one day when I was 4 someone came over and I was huddling with it because I thought someone would steal it from me. Overall Rating: 9.5/10
I saw Yoshi one day and I was like '' Dinosaur ride! '' and tryed jumping on him. My brother showed me Yoshi in Super Mario World and I wanted to try riding on it but he said no. R.I.P. Yoshi. We will remember you not that stupid clone.

If this counts for a Mario game, it is Super Smash Bros. If it doesn't, I vote for Mario Kart 64.

Cosmopolitan said:
If this counts for a Mario game, it is Super Smash Bros. If it doesn't, I vote for Mario Kart 64.
SMB1 should be counted as a Mario game since majority of the characters are from Mario games.

PokemonMaster said:
Cosmopolitan said:
SMB1 should be counted as a Mario game since majority of the characters are from Marip games.
You mean SSB1?

Back