Should there be a fourth Mario & Luigi?

Cosmopolitan said:
To be honest, they shouldn't be linear like Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time either. I liked the exploration in Superstar Saga. They should make exploration like Superstar Saga and the setting like Partners in Time.
I agree, but I don't know what you mean by a Partner's in Time setting. I'd like to see the exploration of Superstar Saga, but in the Mushroom Kingdom or maybe even Subcon! :O

Or Sarasaland and they save Daisy as I said before but I don't think they'd ever do it.

Filburt Turtle said:
Cosmopolitan said:
To be honest, they shouldn't be linear like Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time either. I liked the exploration in Superstar Saga. They should make exploration like Superstar Saga and the setting like Partners in Time.
I agree, but I don't know what you mean by a Partner's in Time setting. I'd like to see the exploration of Superstar Saga, but in the Mushroom Kingdom or maybe even Subcon! :O

Or Sarasaland and they save Daisy as I said before but I don't think they'd ever do it.

Well, Partners in Time takes place mainly in Mushroom Kingdom. It should be left that way. Well, it would be great to shine Sarasaland and Subcon again, but this is all a Mario fan's dream.

If a fourth M&L comes out, I want a female playable character added; there hasn't been any playable females in this series yet.

Cosmopolitan said:
Well, Partners in Time takes place mainly in Mushroom Kingdom. It should be left that way. Well, it would be great to shine Sarasaland and Subcon again, but this is all a Mario fan's dream.

I don't think Subcon is real as the adventure in Super Mario Bros. 2 was just a dream.

superjeff64 said:
Cosmopolitan said:

I don't think Subcon is real as the adventure in Super Mario Bros. 2 was just a dream.

So? Doesn't mean it can't happen. This is the Marioverse we are talking about anyway, where blocks float without magnetism or lift, the hills have eyes, and flowers that make you turn fiery!

Boo Destroyer said:
1z33prd.png

This needs to happen.
That WOULD be an awesome idea. And that artwork is so convincing, too!

Honestly, though, I'm not sure. I think that the Mario & Luigi trilogy is nice enough as it is, seeing as it mostly covers the rise and fall, then another rise and another fall of one character, Fawful,
who was killed off in Bowser's Inside Story, and don't fucking tell me the can bring him back and use Bowser as an excuse. Fawful freaking BLEW UP before Mario, Luigi, and Starlow, and there was literally nothing left of him afterward. At least when Bowser seemingly dies by dropping into lava pits, his bones remain, so he can be easily revived, but it's ridiculous how many people insistingly think that he'll be back after that!
A Mario & Luigi game without Fawful just wouldn't seem right, plus I like the idea that the whole thing can be covered under just three games. It's not like the Paper Mario series where there are so many possibilities for new sequels, it just seems to work in Mario & Luigi's favor to just stick with three games.

However, at the same time I'll admit, the series is popular enough to warrant more games, so odds are we'll be seeing another game sometime in the future, and if they do go with that, I hope they go with this one.

I can think of many creative ideas to bring Fawful back. He's pretty popular and I hope he doesn't disappear forever.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I can think of many creative ideas to bring Fawful back. He's pretty popular and I hope he doesn't disappear forever.
Creative? More like "cheap way of bring resurrecting a clearly dead character just because he's a popular character". Or as it's sometimes called "Michael Myers/Jason Voorhees syndrome".

Look, they do this all the time in video games. Bowser did get sucked in a black hole thing in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and any of Bowser's remains surely get incinerated by the sun-like substance in Super Mario Galaxy. The possibilities are endless for resurrecting a dead character, no matter how "cheap" it is.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Look, they do this all the time in video games. Bowser did get sucked in a black hole thing in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and any of Bowser's remains surely get incinerated by the sun-like substance in Super Mario Galaxy. The possibilities are endless for resurrecting a dead character, no matter how "cheap" it is.
...What? Now he didn't. All that happened to Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy 2 was that he grew tiny in the end. If you're referring to Super Mario Galaxy, then yeah, he got sucked into a black hole, but so did the rest of the universe, before the Lumas stopped that and did some nifty double tornado thing that caused some sort of massive reset button or something that was never actually explained in-game.

I don't know where you came up with that, but the thing with Bowser is that he's had 25 years to establish that he's pretty much indestructible and the main antagonist no matter what. Besides, even when he DID apparently meet his doom, he there was STILL at least SOMETHING of him remaining or SOME kind of outside power so that he could be revived in the end.

With Fawful, there's NOTHING! He blew up, nothing was left, end of story! ...Unless you want to somehow revive him with his MOLECULES that might have remained inside Bowser, that is, if he still IS inside Bowser, since he coughed up everyone after he exploded. So we don't even know if he's still inside Bowser or not, or if there's anything left of him to bring back! The only way to bring him back would be to do something completely ridiculous, and for what? For the sake of the fans? Well I'm a fan, and I'd be more upset that they came up with a stupid and utterly contrived way to bring him back just because people want him back.

This game in question doesn't even HAVE to be a sequel to Bowser's Inside Story. Maybe it can even be a prequel or something. And to be honest, how do you know Fawful completely disappeared from existence? Maybe that explosion wasn't really death! Or, maybe a ghost of him emerges? I'm just thinking out loud here. I hate questioning Mario logic.

Filburt Turtle said:
What? Fawful didn't seem that dead to me. "Bowser's survived worse." (way out of context quote)
Bowse'rs never exploded into millions of tiny, unseeable pieces, did he? And keep in mind, Fawful exploded when he was microscopic, like the other people Bowser inhaled, so if there WERE remains of him, they wouldn't be able to be picked up that easily, or at all. So, really, trying to bring him back knowing all that would just be insulting.

Also, the prequel idea COULD work, but then again, it would have to be a cameo or something, because Fawful formally introduces himself to the Mario Bros. and Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and thus, didn't meet them or know them before that. Of course, I'm sure he'd know OF them, seeing as they're famous enough to be known by the neighboring Beanbean Kingdom (or at least Mario is, anyway).

A ghost thing MIGHT work, too... Except... Well, I always kind of though that Fawful was greatly weakened after his fight with Bowser, and all that's left of him was what he absorbed from the Dark Star. So in a way, he was already a spirit form or something... But yeah, it gets hard if you think about it too much, which is probably why the main Mario games have zero-to-no storyline. But then again, when it DOES have a storyline and a sequel that is SUPPOSED to continue that storyline, it-

Okay, getting off topic. Point is, Fawful coming back = should NOT happen, IMO. I love the guy, one of my favorite Mario characters, but bringing him back after THAT would almost seem to demean how he went out, you know?

I wouldn't question the logic. AlphaDream could have acted as if the game never happened.

I wonder if The Overthere is Heaven in the Mario world and The Underwhere is Hades. If so, isn't there an off chance of him escaping The Underwhere?

Although I sincerely doubt they'll use such significant locations from a Paper Mario game and put them in an M&L game.

EDIT: Sometimes I don't using gerunds correctly...

Probably. There's a chance for anything.

Scrub Jay said:
I wouldn't question the logic. AlphaDream could have acted as if the game never happened.
That would piss me off even more! :mad:

Filburt Turtle said:
I wonder if The Overthere is Heaven in the Mario world and The Underwhere is Hades. If so, isn't there an off chance of him escaping The Underwhere?

Although I sincerely doubt they'll use such significant locations from a Paper Mario game and put them in an M&L game.

EDIT: Sometimes I don't using gerunds correctly...
Wait, now, The Overthere was in Super Paper Mario, and while the Mario RPGs certainly take quite a few things from the other Mario games, they rarely take anything from each other, with the exception of Toad Town, Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, and other major locations. Saying that the Underwhere suddenly exists in the Mario & Luigi games would seem weird, especially to those who haven't played the Paper Mario games... Not to mention, is literally escaping from the Mario universe's version of Hell even possible? Also, this would seem like a sort of tactic that Dimentio would try rather than Fawful, and I'm not just saying that because Dimentio's from the same game the Underwhere is in.

Smashgoom202 said:
Wait, now, The Overthere was in Super Paper Mario, and while the Mario RPGs certainly take quite a few things from the other Mario games, they rarely take anything from each other, with the exception of Toad Town, Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, and other major locations. Saying that the Underwhere suddenly exists in the Mario & Luigi games would seem weird, especially to those who haven't played the Paper Mario games... Not to mention, is literally escaping from the Mario universe's version of Hell even possible? Also, this would seem like a sort of tactic that Dimentio would try rather than Fawful, and I'm not just saying that because Dimentio's from the same game the Underwhere is in.
Well I did say "I sincerely doubt they'll use such significant locations from a Paper Mario game and put them in an M&L game."

But you have to admit that even though it was shown at a weird time, isn't it pretty much the physically correct religion in the Mario world? I guess you could say it only applies to the Paper series. Either way it's pretty hard to deny it has some significance.

Back