Do you actually play any non-Marioverse games?

FunkyKong84

Blooper
Hey guys I wanted to start this topic because I find it extremely difficult to get interested in any game that doesn't belong to the Marioverse. Occasionally I 'll play some Sonic, Pro Evolution Soccer, FIFA or fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Killer Instinct but that's that. Back in the day I was an Age of Empires/Mythology fan too.

Seriously no Zelda, no Metroid, no Starfox, no Banjo-Kazooie, none of these games do it for me. It's kind of weird because if a game doesn't involve Mario, DK or even Wario I don't get my bells rung :D

I've played quite a few non-Mario verse games and I still say I'm a devout Mario fan.

Pokemon series
Kirby series
Spore
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Starcraft

There may be several more...

Moved to Console Gaming

I play a ton of non-Mario games. Mega Man, Metroid, F-Zero, and Metal Gear Solid are some of my favorites.

I have never heard of anyone who exclusively plays Mario games.

I just play games that I find interesting. For instance, having finished both 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, I went to play Unwound Future because I was still in the mood for something vaguely similar to a visual novel. It's not the particular series, it's the individual games.

The definition of "game" here is a little ambiguous... but like Ninji, I don't know anyone who devotes themselves to Mario and nothing else.

So the answer is yes, I play any genre or series of games, regardless of reputation of the series or whatever, as long as it provides entertainment for me.

I think a better question would be if we play any non-Nintendo games.

FunkyKong84 said:
Hey guys I wanted to start this topic because I find it extremely difficult to get interested in any game that doesn't belong to the Marioverse. Occasionally I 'll play some Sonic, Pro Evolution Soccer, FIFA or fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Killer Instinct but that's that. Back in the day I was an Age of Empires/Mythology fan too.

Seriously no Zelda, no Metroid, no Starfox, no Banjo-Kazooie, none of these games do it for me. It's kind of weird because if a game doesn't involve Mario, DK or even Wario I don't get my bells rung :D
You are terrible as a gamer. Just awful.

There's nothing awful to that. Anyone can play any game desired. But yeah, shouldn't you broaden your scope? There are tons of games out there that are great as Mario.

Ok you may be right, but I still don't think calling other people a "terrible gamer" sounds appropriate.

Pokémon, Star Fox, Zelda, Kirby, Smash Brothers, partly Metroid, partly DK, and I'm getting The Last Story in a week.

I play a ton of non-mario games all the time. Call of duty, Goldeneye, Metal slug, Halo, all that crap. But when I get pissed at those games, I always come back to Mario.

#1 Mario fan-boy right here!

I also play these games

Spore
Kirby
Pokemon

But most of the time, the Mario games get all my attention. I'm a huge Mario fan.

Ninji said:
I have never heard of anyone who exclusively plays Mario games.
Per completely.

As for me, I, like everyone else, don't only play Mario games.

Other game series I have include Worms, Lemmings, Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby, Mother (and I'm British, thank God for ROMs), Smash Bros., a whole load of PS2 games from so many different series, I cannot recall, Sonic (IMO just as good as Mario), etc.

This topic is generally pointless because everyone plays non-Mario games.

In no particular order:

Anticipation (NES)
Asteroids (Arcade)
Battletoads series
Castlevania series
Contra series
Donkey Kong series
Final Fantasy series
Final Fight series
Frogger (Arcade)
F-Zero series
Goldeneye (N64)
Kirby series
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
Megaman series
Mischief Makers (N64)
Mortal Kombat series
Mrs. Pacman (Arcade)
Pacman (Arcade)
Pitfall (Atari 2600)
Pokémon series
Punch-Out!! (NES)
Quake II (N64)
Rockband series
Scribblnauts II (DS)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Skyblazer (SNES)
Smartball (SNES)
Space Invaders (Arcade)
Street Fighter series
Super Smash Brothers series
Tony Hawk series
Zelda series

I'm sure I forgot some.

Let's see...
Kirby
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Brothers
Saints Row
Star Fox
Call of Duty
Lego Star Wars/Batman/etc.
Tony Hawk
Skate
Darkness
Dead Rising
Civilization
Fable
Dead Space
Halo
Eat Lead
Left 4 Dead
Just Cause
Red Dead
Resident Evil
Elder Scrolls
Rainbow Six Vegas
Tekken
Ty
Blinx
Fuzion Frenzy
Crash
Spyro
Marvel vs. Capcom
MegaMan
Need for Speed
Star Wars
Sonic
SSX
Borderlands
Buly
Burnout
Assassin's Creed
Brutal Legend
Dragon Age
Prototype
Mirror's Edge
Is that enough non-Mario?

Reversinator said:
Let's see...
Kirby
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Brothers
Saints Row
Star Fox
Call of Duty
Tony Hawk
Skate
Darkness
Dead Rising
Civilization
Fable
Dead Space
Halo
Eat Lead
Left 4 Dead
Just Cause
Red Dead
Resident Evil
Elder Scrolls
Rainbow Six Vegas
Tekken
Ty
Blinx
Fuzion Frenzy
Crash
Spyro
Marvel vs. Capcom
MegaMan
Need for Speed
Star Wars
Sonic
SSX
Borderlands
Buly
Burnout
Assassin's Creed
Brutal Legend
Dragon Age
Prototype
Mirror's Edge
No.

Play Worms.

And Lemmings.

Father Ted Crilly said:
Reversinator said:
Let's see...
Kirby
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Brothers
Saints Row
Star Fox
Call of Duty
Tony Hawk
Skate
Darkness
Dead Rising
Civilization
Fable
Dead Space
Halo
Eat Lead
Left 4 Dead
Just Cause
Red Dead
Resident Evil
Elder Scrolls
Rainbow Six Vegas
Tekken
Ty
Blinx
Fuzion Frenzy
Crash
Spyro
Marvel vs. Capcom
MegaMan
Need for Speed
Star Wars
Sonic
SSX
Borderlands
Buly
Burnout
Assassin's Creed
Brutal Legend
Dragon Age
Prototype
Mirror's Edge
No.

Play Worms.

And Lemmings.
Actually, I have played those games. Seriously, I have over 300 games. How can I keep track of them all?

Reversinator said:
Actually, I have played those games. Seriously, I have over 300 games. How can I keep track of them all?
Because they're great games.

It is sometimes hard for me to want non-Mario games,and the ones I have that aren't mario are mostly third party.

I rarely buy non-Nintendo games. Nintendo's games are usually extremely awesome and innovative. But I mainly stick to Mario and DK games.

Back