Should Mario take on skateboarding?

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Mario has done plenty of sports, but none as a X-TREMMMMMMMMMMEEEE as skateboarding(Well, if you don't count mini games at least), and with Tony Hawk being a father with responsibilites now, someone has to take this on, right?

I think it would be a good chance to take on a type of soundtrack that Mario usually doesn't take on with ska and punk rock, it fits the environment.

It could also offer up to interesting designs and the gameplay would be nifty if done right, what do you think?

YES how about a Tony Hawk game with Mario guest star characters like in the same vein as the snowboarding and basketball games in GCN? We can use a ska/punk rock music but why not hip-rop/g-funk/gangsta rap too, neither which Mario has used. I welcome Mario from pretty much all sports genres so this would be a right mark in my book.

Um...no thanks. Not only would such a game feel like a desperate attempt to be "cool" and "hip", but it just wouldn't fit the Mario atmosphere at all.

Rin Nelek said:
a desperate attempt to be "cool" and "hip"

it just wouldn't fit the Mario atmosphere at all.
USCover_MSCF.jpg

the first one had THIS for concept art (can we please get an Odyssey costume for this pretty please)
SuperMarioStrikers_Concept_3.jpg

Would be cool but the skateboarding game genre is pretty dead at this point and Tony Hawk Proskater 5 did very little to change that.

In fact if anything it solidified it.

Eh, EA's instagram posts are still flooded with people asking for Skate 4

I don't care if it's "dead" (shareholders might) but now I WANT WARIO RAGDOLLING AND FLOPPING HIS WAY AROUND WHILE MARIO AND FRIENDS TRY DOING STUNTS AND GRINDING RAILS IN AN ACTIVE VOLCANO TO APPEASE STACIEN THE UNDEAD SKATEBOARDER.

Back