Author Topic: "Leaks" and other dumb junk  (Read 1581 times)

Lassi

• All virgos are very friendly and intelligent
  • King Bowser
  • Pink Cat
  • Except for me
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
"Leaks" and other dumb junk
« on: July 10, 2018, 10:17:19 PM »
So, this is the topic to discuss so called "leaks", which they be real or not, nobody but the very large staff of this game knows! ... But I hate them for wasting Sakurai's time and effort, despite making the topic.

I only really made this topic so it doesn't take over the main one when a big one comes around and we be puttin everything in spoiler boxes.

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
Re: "Leaks" and other dumb junk
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 10:47:42 PM »
I normally take leaks with a grain of salt, but so far, one leak managed to predict everything that was gonna be revealed such as Snake, the Ice Climbers, Daisy, Everyone returning and Ridley.

Thing is, that leak, which almost sounds legit right now, also predicted Simon Belmont.

I don't have a source link because I only heard about this leak on youtube, but seeing how all but one of its predictions were revealed true, it is pretty believable.

Again, normally I don't take these things seriously because I don't want to overhype myself and get disappointed in the game in the case where the leak I thought was real turned out fake, but this one is hard not to believe.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
I normally take leaks with a grain of salt, but so far, one leak managed to predict everything that was gonna be revealed such as Snake, the Ice Climbers, Daisy, Everyone returning and Ridley.

Thing is, that leak, which almost sounds legit right now, also predicted Simon Belmont.

I don't have a source link because I only heard about this leak on youtube, but seeing how all but one of its predictions were revealed true, it is pretty believable.

Again, normally I don't take these things seriously because I don't want to overhype myself and get disappointed in the game in the case where the leak I thought was real turned out fake, but this one is hard not to believe.

A bit of a correction, that did not mention Daisy and only said No Cuts and not specifically every single playable character returning. (But they were absolutely certain Ridley was playable and they were right. While also saying no cuts, Snake and Ice Climbers which also came true.)

But otherwise it's at least looking good they got some legit information. Simon may still be coming or perhaps the source he got for Simon was false. The person who got this information both has real and fake sources so not everything he says comes true but he's had a decent enough track record to be somewhat credible compared to say... a random 4chan leak.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 12:02:21 AM »
Yeah, the Verge info with the no cuts, ICs, snake, Ridley, and Simon is the only one worth talking about. I don't know why we're giving some of these 4chan posts the time of day. I wish people stopped calling them leaks, because leak implies something real that gets announced ahead of time.

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Тарелка бл🧀🧀🧀 сырная!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:08:49 AM »
I don't take rumors seriously any more. I'll care only when official information gets released from the game or a leak has to come from someone completely verifiable like it did for the Mario + Rabbids Kingdoms announcement (even so, just barely)
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 01:20:28 AM »
I wish people stopped calling them leaks, because leak implies something real that gets announced ahead of time.

It's to make it sound more legitimate. I agree, though. "Rumor", maybe, but "leak" is misleading.

supermariofan

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 02:07:08 AM »
I believe the same leak that had Ridley also had Crash Bandicoot, which makes sense as a third party representative.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 09:49:09 AM »
No. The leak said no cuts from Smash 4, Ice Climbers, Ridley, and Simon Belmont. Then at a later date Snake and Minecraft content of some sort was added.

Marie

• The best squid girl
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 12:17:38 AM »
Someone on GameFAQs actually did leak some stuff that was later confirmed at E3, such as every character returning. BTW only pay attention to what the user loz18 says; there were a few other rumors in that thread that were false.

Credit to several artists for my avatars, see this post. Also click the above image for nice music!
Userpage | Ask | Art

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Тарелка бл🧀🧀🧀 сырная!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »
"Heroes vs Villains" theme? Sounds plausible.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Lassi

• King Bowser
  • Pink Cat
  • Except for me
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 08:08:27 PM »
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/313851-sakurai-was-extremely-worried-that-smash-bros-ultimate-would-lea
This is what exactly what I was talking about in the first post, poor guy.
I used to make obvious bull leaks for fun, I don't do that anymore after hearing the stories about it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:20:43 PM by Mewta »

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 11:58:27 PM »
Man... four words...

Thank you Daddy Sakurai.

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 02:30:03 AM »
tbh i dont really see the big deal
people are still gonna buy the game regardless of whether it's leaked before official reveals or not

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 10:08:11 AM »
I mean yeah, but the E3 reveal would have been severely less hype had it been spoiled beforehand. The Everyone is Here is actually super well crafted to lead up to the reveal. It starts with the basic characters, with BOTW Link as well for a little tease, Mewtwo shows up not much longer after that, which is hype and shows that the DLC characters are back. We get Ice Climbers shortly after, and expected but wildly return. More veterans are shown until finally we hit Pokemon Trainer which is a bigger surprise. Show off Ryu, the revised Ganondorf, and Cloud and now the audience is really invested. It culminates in the dramatic reveal of Snake plus the text: EVERYONE IS HERE and that's when it sinks in. Pichu is shown almost immediately afterwards to show that they really mean it when they say "everyone".

The Everyone is Here trailer is honestly one of the best game trailers Nintendo has ever put out.

Lassi

• King Bowser
  • Pink Cat
  • Except for me
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 02:00:39 AM »
With July in the past and no Direct or Smash reveals, I think we can put that "Codenames" leak to rest.

Simón de Bolivar

• White Lightning es y siempre será la emoción más grande alrededor.
  • King Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 07:17:32 PM »
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76861586
Yeah I debunked that leak due to no Adventure mode will be happening in Ultimate.
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Lassi

• King Bowser
  • Pink Cat
  • Except for me
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 02:58:04 PM »

What appears to be a Skull Kid amiibo shown up on Reggie's desk in a video, for comparison, here's Jakks Pacific Skull Kid figure

J — Pony Disguise

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »
We need to get some plumbers to fix this leak problem. :mario: :luigi:
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

Simón de Bolivar

• White Lightning es y siempre será la emoción más grande alrededor.
  • King Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
Best Buy of Canada accidentally leaked that tapping Amiibos would unlock the characters on the three new Amiibos, since then the altered their contents. I don't know if Nintendo told them to change the description or not. But if it is true you would unlock characters by a simple tap with an Amiibo.
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Lassi

• King Bowser
  • Pink Cat
  • Except for me
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 03:28:27 AM »
So, regarding Vengeberg or what their name is, there is two trusted but conflicting two sources, them and the blank spaces
While many people point to them when sourcing the box, there is a bit of a contradiction, there is two character left according to box, but people using them to support this forget that they suggested 3 new fighters, Incineroar, Ken and a new Square Enix rep, so yeah, it could possible that both are phony or jumping to conclusions, ya never know with Smash.