New items in Smash Switch

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
This will cover new possible items in the Switch version of Smash, including Assist Trophies and Pokemon:

Bubble Shield: The iconic shield power up from the Sonic series, by breaking a TV monitor, the character is blessed with being able to take one hit without taking any damage, unlike the Sonic games, the shield is temporary to not make it overpowered.

One-up Mushroom: Appearing only during stock battles, this item if you mange to catch it will provide you with one more life in your stock.

Assist Trophy:

Wrys: The Humble Curate will heal your wounds with his staff

Hedlok: The Assist Trophy will lock on to your head and give you two extra arms, allowing you to do twice the damage

Judd: The cat will wave his flags in the air, if your face is on it, you will be given a boost

Rambi: Jump on this rhino to go on a rampage throughout the stage

Ayumi Tachibana: The character from the obscure Famicom Detective Club games will block attacks with a literal wall of text if you stand behind her.

Will the parasol finally return???

I also would like to see the Ultra Hand, previously seen in Smash Crusade, to make an appearance, but not expecting that.

I also like to see more explosions because there can never be too much explosions. We had Bob-ombs and Motion Sensor Bombs. Meele gave us Warpstars. Barlw gave us Smart Bombs and Gooey Bombs and Blast Boxes and Deku Nuts. Smush gave us Hocotate Ships, Bombchus, X Bombs, and Spiny Shells. What kind of explosions will Smash 5 give us?

Funnily enough, Smash 4 does have a Boomerang item.

akin to Assist Trophies and Pokeballs, I submit Breidablik from Fire Emblem Heroes for consideration.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Breidablik

pick it up and fire it to summon a random Fire Emblem character from a select pool of lords and other notable characters

I wouldnt give the heroes you summon very varied effects, perhaps just a really powerful smash attack style hit that varies slightly depending on who you summon. also allows sakurai to put as many cool fire emblem characters as he likes in the game with a purpose!

would be hilarious, honestly

Change the Bullet Bill item into the Rocketbarrel from Donkey Kong Country Returns. It functions the same but now its a DK item. DK needs more items.

Change the eye laser turret from Kid Icarus into the Virtual Boy. Functions the same but now we get another retro item like the Super Scope.

Animal crates as the DK version of pokeballs

I'll be intrigued if Smash ever again imports items from completely different games like the Motion Sensor Bomb (Goldeneye / Perfect Dark) and the Beam Sword (Star Wars).

GmanSir said:
175px-Double_Cherry_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

It's time.

Imagine if every Ice Climber duo in an 8-player smash grabbed that. There would be 32 Ice Climbers!

Fire Emblem's javelin I think would work as an item, if it isn't already worked into someone's moveset. Throwing the item at an arch could make recovery difficult for the opponent if thrown right.

I also want to see the Fire Wand from Zelda appear, maybe working similarly to Ness's PK Fire.

Dodgeballs.

Maybe a Splatoon item, but we have to see what the Inklings use first.

For my ideas for items in the next Smash game, I would like to se Shurikens from Fire Emblem Fates, Tomes, Disco Balls, coins that you toss but can't collect, and a flame sword.

Back